The online racing simulator
downloading rfactor
(20 posts, started )
downloading rfactor
hey guys im trying to download rfactor and it wont work, ive tried 4 different mirrors, and they all have different errors am i doing something wrong?
thats a good thing , cos if your dl the full 1gb of game then your wasting 1gb of your hd .
i tried before to dl it to see and got the errors too so i gave up
is it going real slow? i wouldnt say stick to lfs, but i do like rfactor and its worth a trial.
i dl the demo and dident even play for 2 mins , i got into a car did 2 corners of the track and deleted the game
the beggining few minutes suck, configure first.
Yeah, I NEVER play stock Rfactor, I only play for the mods(F1 FTW!)
Definitely get the Lite version, and add a few mods like the Vette, and the Virtua-Lemans tracks. Don't even bother with the standard ISI garbage.
the standard stuff sucks, exept the 2005 rhez
Quote from jwardy :i dl the demo and dident even play for 2 mins , i got into a car did 2 corners of the track and deleted the game

Nice to see you gave it a thorough test, thus your opinion is well worth listening to.
Quote from s2knott :hey guys im trying to download rfactor and it wont work, ive tried 4 different mirrors, and they all have different errors am i doing something wrong?

hmm lets see.....

1. Downloading R-factor
2. Posting in the wrong part of the forum

Wrong!
Quote from jwardy :Everyone, look how much I hate rFactor! Look, I hate it more than you!

I would say stop jumping on the 'I hate Rfactor' bandwagon, but then I might be accused of jumping on the 'stop jumping on the bandwagon' bandwagon, or the stop going off-topic bandwagon!

Uh-oh, I better stop jumping on the 'stop jumping on the 'stop jumping on the bandwagon' bandwagon' bandwagon.

What? Anyway, get back on topic before the thread gets locked! I downloaded rfactor demo a couple of months ago, and had no problems. I've uninstalled it since then, so I don't know about any updates having problems or however it works...the problem is either you or Rfactor. Wait, that's not much help!
I had the same problem, the MD5 sums of the download and rFactor didn't match, so I ended up finding a post in the forums which showed how you could download the files individually from their server, with the same directory structure as rFactor - I used Firefox and the "download them all" add-on.

It was all pointless though as after 1 hour of looking through the options, trying a couple of cars and tracks my demo was up, and I couldn't buy it
I was just joking but it takes someone really sad to go & find a quote from another thread & post it in here.
Quote from SidiousX :Yeah, I NEVER play stock Rfactor, I only play for the mods(F1 FTW!)

same
the pysics anrt as good as lfs but its till fun
Quote from titanLS :Definitely get the Lite version, and add a few mods like the Vette, and the Virtua-Lemans tracks. Don't even bother with the standard ISI garbage.

You should definately get the lite version from Rfactorcentral. it's really small and you will have less trouble.
ok im gunna give it another test , ill dl the lite version and ill report back soon
Donwloaded ,and get frustrated for the 23098329489328409328409834 mod you need to donwload to play 1 race....
^i play with the 59 AI
Loading 59 AIs at Lemans, at night, can be pretty fun. LMPs from the ISDM mod and GTs from the SCC mod. The SCC cars aren't all that great physics wise, but they sure look good as you're blasting past them in the Porsche LMP2.

The new(ish) Daytona Prototype mod can be fun, and Niels' Vette is about as good as it gets w/ Real Feel. Be sure to try all the Virtua-Lemans team tracks, and of course the 'Ring is epic.

downloading rfactor
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG