The online racing simulator
Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
Quote from JTbo :Also it is annoying how you get huge fps drop for just being close to some other vehicle.

its to be expected ... as soon as youre close the engine has to calculate all of its nodes
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :ugh, what fps u got with that?

Oh about 7! That's why I took screenshots and didn't make a movie.
i tried the same stunt just now kinda fun
~10 fps and a damn hard to fly plane (especially with an inverted throttle that doesnt work full range) i did secure the cargo though and attempted to land it (damn hard without shadows or a proper cockpit) the thing came to rest some 200 m behind the runway
#79 - Vain
I turned the game into a military flight-sim! I use the unsecured plane now to bombard the fields with cars!
My accuracy isn't good though.

My current strategy is to select a target somewhere in the middle of the track (a building, a bridge, etc.). Then put an unsecured car in the plane and start. Before reaching the target, speed up and open the cargo bay. Then point the plane to straight up into the sky and watch the car go down.

Vain
Quote from Vain :I turned the game into a military flight-sim! I use the unsecured plane now to bombard the fields with cars!
My accuracy isn't good though.

My current strategy is to select a target somewhere in the middle of the track (a building, a bridge, etc.). Then put an unsecured car in the plane and start. Before reaching the target, speed up and open the cargo bay. Then point the plane to straight up into the sky and watch the car go down.

Vain

its the best fun on nrth st helens with the bridge builder bridge (the destructable one)
#81 - Vain
Here's a pic of me not only scoring a perfect hit on the truck-repair-shop, but also trying a new technique to shorten braking-distance of the plane significantly.

Oh, and does anyone else enjoy the checkpoint-racing? Even thoough the streets are crap it's a lot of fun because there are actual *elevation changes*.

Vain
Attached images
screenshot.png
sil3ntwar will be pissed with you all...
Good to see my Challenger in official Release
hah challenger
i still enjoy driving the trucks the most
oh and the plane of course

@JTbo im on athlon xp 2600+ 1 gig ram and 7600GS, and as u said when vehicles come close togehter the game really starts to stutter
so much fun using the Liebherr crane or stuff

@Vain yea, i do enjoy the checkpoint driving as well the bumpy roads can make it lotta fun when traveling fast.
best is to drive with the Agora L or the Semi with a flatbed on it, so u can show ur driving skills, as some corners are really tight
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :@JTbo im on athlon xp 2600+ 1 gig ram and 7600GS, and as u said when vehicles come close togehter the game really starts to stutter
so much fun using the Liebherr crane or stuff

ive never played it on a single core but i guess having 2 cores helps a lot in ror
of course it does.
as in many other games, my cpu is the only part what makes the game stutter or lag.
with a dualcore (or something similar powerfull) id get pretty good perfomance.
i played for a while with 5~8 fps just looking at the sky, i past most of the time looking to the sky so the game wont stutter (freeze) too much, quite playable, but feels slow motion, you gotta be careful with speed cuz truck is much faster than it looks at that much fps, and game is damm cool.
yea its hard on graphics

landing the plane is simple though!

take off, full power, full flaps, fly around, it is even easier to shut off engines and drop, engage parking break (lol well.. it stops you, its the same thing has brakes but it stays on), watch angle of attack, and just land it smoothly, using the parking break you can stop really fast..

now if only i could figure out how to connect things the right way... its hard.. and there isn't really a tutorial showing how to do it either
Ror 0.32
Just a heads up to the Rigs of Rods fans.

Version 0.32 has been released today. Dont get too excited though..still no multiplayer just yet, pricorde says it will be along "ASAP" however .

From the site :

Features of the new version are:
  • New installer package
  • Smooth roads
  • Tons of new vehicles, sorted by category, thanks to all the contributors!
  • Different spawn points for trucks, airplanes, boats, and loads
  • Experimental vegetation, thanks to Thomas
  • Upgraded objects model, LUA scripting, and mission support capability
  • Update to Ogre 1.4.3

• Many other features and bugfix
http://rigsofrods.blogspot.com/
thanks for the update, I guess I'll try it out soon
Anyone interested should check out the new version, lots of new stuff including:

Mono rail

Jawa Sand Crawler (really well done) :jedi:

Mig 25 (oooh Yes!!)
New version? I shall give it a shot.
i decided to bump this beacuase its such a great free game and its fun! its the best one person made simulation, i love the body flex.. its a small download currently on .35 and .36 coming soon
Cant wait to see what the new release is like. The only problem is you need a hefty cpu to play it. Well probably average by todays standards but im always 10 years behind in technology
i have maxed exept AA and im running 20fps... bit its AWSOME!!! the reflections in the water are soo cool!
if only i had a computer that could run it..

Rigs of Rod
(122 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG