The online racing simulator
L-ASCAR (Nascar style races)
(67 posts, started )
Quote from banshee56 :That little claim of "L-ASCAR © 2008" at the bottom of a site that obviously was designed to look almost identical to the real NASCAR website is a ballsy move. Not to mention all those logos for the sponsors. I wonder what Brian France, Dan Hesse, and W.G. (Jerry) Jurgensen would say about all those obvious copyright infringements.

I believe L-ASCAR is not a challenger for the REAL nascar
Quote from Vinnylegends :Guys I race the top shelf classes of karting on quite big races so I know when to look around me on the track. I dont have mirrors either. And its not that im arrogant but it is the thing that you guys love Oval racing and i think it is just a waste of good real track and tarmac!

What makes you think ovals are boring? If you are a racer then you would know that the difficulty of the track doesn't have anything to do with the quality of racing. After all the Singapore GP was one of the most boring races I've ever seen. I haven't seen such single file "racing" in all the years I watch motorsport.

Now watch these nail biting draft battle/amazing finish:

NASCAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kfPScVZiQ
NASCAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
IndyCar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpipJoj4Blg

With racing like that, who the %$#* cares if they are really going in circles. Technically F1 goes in circles as well. All that matters is car to car competition and ovals provide the best form of that (keep in mind LFS oval isn't a good representation of how a real oval race is).

Quote from Vinnylegends :Nascar is very difficult
Turn Left. and turn left again and again

You have another thing coming if you think the XRT on oval is "just turning left". In fact I bet you cant even hold your own once you experience that massive aero push with 20 cars around you going 3 wide in T3

Also, if you think the whole turning left is easy then either, ur not a real racer because if you were you would understand the intense physics that is involved with oval racing such as aero push that literally makes you loose it in large packs or you're purely ignorant and arrogant.

Keiichi Tsuchiya or "The Drift King" loosing it in NASCAR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
Jacques Villeneuve loosing it in the draft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enKJabeFwxA

Oval is easy huh?
Quote from lizardfolk :What makes you think ovals are boring? If you are a racer then you would know that the difficulty of the track doesn't have anything to do with the quality of racing. After all the Singapore GP was one of the most boring races I've ever seen. I haven't seen such single file "racing" in all the years I watch motorsport.

Now watch these nail biting draft battle/amazing finish:

NASCAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kfPScVZiQ
NASCAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
IndyCar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpipJoj4Blg

With racing like that, who the %$#* cares if they are really going in circles. Technically F1 goes in circles as well. All that matters is car to car competition and ovals provide the best form of that (keep in mind LFS oval isn't a good representation of how a real oval race is).

You have another thing coming if you think the XRT on oval is "just turning left". In fact I bet you cant even hold your own once you experience that massive aero push with 20 cars around you going 3 wide in T3

Also, if you think the whole turning left is easy then either, ur not a real racer because if you were you would understand the intense physics that is involved with oval racing such as aero push that literally makes you loose it in large packs or you're purely ignorant and arrogant.

Keiichi Tsuchiya or "The Drift King" loosing it in NASCAR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... &feature=channel_page
Jacques Villeneuve loosing it in the draft: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enKJabeFwxA

Oval is easy huh?

Support from a teammate
Quote from Vinnylegends :Support from a teammate

Well, not really, in that trucks race sprague, benson and kvapil aren't teammates. Just know how to get draft advantage over other people while those who dont get shuffled back and stay back. It's something very different from circuits

Take your pick:

Circuits: difficult tracks and mostly single file racing trying to out drive one another

Ovals: boring track to drive but great track to race with 3-4 wide 20 cars within 1 seconds of each other and having great draft battles.

I already took mine: BOTH which is why I play LFS and NR2003 without trying to impose my opinions on others

I honestly couldn't care which one's better, they are both incomparable and they both have good sides and bad sides to them. I personally prefer ovals but i couldn't careless if you feel different as long as you are not self rightous about it (which most if not all oval bashers are).

So please dont be self-rightous about your opinions. After all, a true racer is understanding to all forms of motorsport regardless of personal preference
Ohw, Ok
Then ill tell Rocky that youre not interested in TRR anymore.
And a true racer isnt forced to love every kind of motorsport!!!
Yeah !
But don't tell that oval is turning and left again and again
Quote from Vegas Las :Yeah !
But don't tell that oval is turning and left again and again

Meh ok, There are also Right and Right ovals
Quote from Vinnylegends :Those cars take 200mph corners because they are banked and the G and Yaw stuff pushed them into the banking. And if a Nascar was a Car of tomorrow then im amazed. All american cars are just pure crap!
only speed and no cornering!
and an F1 car can take 200mph turn as well and that a car of tomorrow!

you sound like someone who's just pissed at america for no reason...
Quote from Vinnylegends :Ohw, Ok
Then ill tell Rocky that youre not interested in TRR anymore.
And a true racer isnt forced to love every kind of motorsport!!!

Having an understanding of other forms of motorsport and "forcing to love every kind of motorsports" are two different things. A true racer UNDERSTANDS. Doesn't necessarily mean loves. understand and loves are two totally different things. Coulthard and Fittipaldi understands NASCAR, doesn't mean that they love NASCAR over circuits. They may not even enjoy NASCAR. But the difference between ignorance and understanding is tremendously obvious with those two examples.

Also, having a massive ego trip and thinking your favorite form of motorsport is the best and everything else is absolute $*#@ is what I'm arguing against (which is what you are doing)

You can think ovals are boring. That's your opinion. If I think F1 is a massive parade show compared to V8, Indy, ARCA and NASCAR that's my opinion. If someone thinks Drift is more exciting because it displays the best form of control that's their opinion. If someone likes Rally because it is the purest form of sprinting with no obstacle beyond the driver's control (i.e. getting take out by a lesser driver) that's their opinion as well.

But dont go about and try to impose your opinion on those that are different. UNDERSTAND and ACCEPT why others may be DIFFERENT. Not better, different.. What I'm asking you is stop being self righteous about something that is purely subjective. Stop bashing and show some maturity

Quote from LFSn00b :err... What does being in a team to do with this?

Besides, it is not really wise to come in a thread which is about nascar racing, and come saying that "i liek circuit raecs moar!!1"... that is basically just asking for trouble, like in "drift vs racing" threads.

If you don't like nascar racing, then just get out of this thread.

Thank you very much. Also Rock didn't respond to my pm. Which I assume means he's not interested in me. So stop bringing in random nonsense into this argument

Quote from Vinnylegends :Meh ok, There are also Right and Right ovals

yes there are Calder in Australia is a right handed oval
Quote from lizardfolk :yes there are Calder in Australia is a right handed oval

The Old Monza Oval also was right handed
The next XRT race is the Januar 12th
The next GTR race is the Januar 17th.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Meh ok, There are also Right and Right ovals

You make it sound as if its not a competitive series, and/or it does not take true talent to race Oval. Which is simply just untrue. Ever noticed that almost every single driver that has come from some road racing series over to NASCAR has failed miserably, rarely managing a top 10 finish? (Castroneves, Montoya, Franchitti, and many others). These guys were just as confused and disillusioned about oval racing as you are. They thought they could come over to ovals and dominate because they have the idea that its just "sooooo easy". Well, every last single one of them was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be wrong, and werent worth the fuel it took to let them turn a single lap. Truth of the matter is, you cannot compare oval racing to any other type of racing. It is a completely different type of race, with its own set of very extreme challenges. As far as choosing what kind of racing you enjoy watching the most, well that is personal opinion. Me, I like watching most road racing events for, oh about the first 15 minutes. But usually after that the racing is so strung out I cant stay awake. I like NASCAR because many, many races end with the top 20 cars all finishing less than 3 seconds from each other from 1st to 20th. L-ASCAR, Keep it up and plan on seeing me in your server! w00t!
w00t!

If you don't want to end like this don't take the FZR
Anyway just wanted to say that as you stay on track the races are fun
I don't get one thing... why is everyone so concerned about american car cornering when they've barely got any turns?
Quote from Electric Eye :I don't get one thing... why is everyone so concerned about american car cornering when they've barely got any turns?

there was a discussion about it earlier... maybe discuss it in the general discussion but this here is presenting a league wich runs, and not critizising it for using Ovals
A L-ASCAR member is working on a Nascar Lapper (Nascar Race interface ingame).

We can see if we are in a green/yellow flag, if the pits are open, and many others things.
The classification scrolls in the top of the screen, etc...

I would give news when it will be finishes.

Do you have a link to your track textures? they look nice
Time to ignore vinny, methinks.
February 23th : Aston Cadet Race !

50 Laps with Restrictions
FZR : 20%
XRR + FXR : 25%

48/49s~ per lap for the 3 cars.

The nascar lapper is on work (maybe he can be on server for spring, sure for summer...)

It would take into account all race flags.
Schedule would be scrolling on the top of the screen.
etc...

It would have a link between the Lfs server and the website (don't need a password for the races, you just need to be registered on the website and the race).

We want an automatic "green flag start " system for the normal races.
The green flag should went out after the 1st corner (or more).
Because the start of the 3 GTR's aren't equilibrate.

For official races, the Pace Car would be there

We really want strict rules of NASCAR in our league !

See ya !

(Sorry for the "english")
Is there a restriction on the FZR and XRR for normal oval races?
Yeah, XRR 6% and FZR 5%.

We are working for the new restrictions (30kg more for FZR with the 5% and 50kg for FXR).

L-ASCAR (Nascar style races)
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG