The online racing simulator
Quote from DeadWolfBones :That's a valid point, IMO.

Shootout drivers entering the series mid-season should get a "spec" ballast to keep them from sniping quicker drivers who have ballast.

Hi guys,

I've been busy at work today so I didn't get a chance to sit down and read the debate. As it happens, I'd already decided the ballast rules over Christmas after taking advice on the matter from a good friend and I was sure (until I read the posts in this thread) that I'd written them into the rules. My bad, I seem to have imagined that I've done it and then made the mistake of trusting my imagination.Sorry about that!

Anyway, the rule is (and I'll edit the rules above NOW):

At the first round of the championship, nobody carries ballast (Because no-one has won a race or has any points)

At the second and each subsequent round of the championship, any driver entering the championship for the first time that season will have a 'new-entrant' ballast of 30 Kgs for that round. (The WTCC 2008 ballast rules had the same clause)

Again, my apologies for its omission.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney - iTCC Admin

P.S. Ballast Weights for each driver being 'ballasted' will be published when the results for each round are declared as being the definitive results. (I.e. after protests have been heard and adjudicated on)
oke nice

Another thing, if you win the first event all races, is that 30kg for the first overal place or 43kg as someone said few post above?
Quote from Rudy van Buren :oke nice

Another thing, if you win the first event all races, is that 30kg for the first overal place or 43kg as someone said few post above?

Ah I didn't want Boothy to get a big head

He's nearly right though, if you're first at the first event, you'll be carrying 42Kg into the second event. 30 Kgs For winning the last event + 12 Kgs for your points (if you won all three races in first event, you'll have 36 points)

Cheers
#29 - CSF
Ah, I was assuming total dominance by RVB so was including the 3 fastest lap points and the pole position point

And I love you too Chris
Quote from boothy :Ah, I was assuming total dominance by RVB so was including the 3 fastest lap points and the pole position point

And I love you too Chris

I think CSF was right. OK smart-ass, I forgot them Then he would indeed have 40 points - thus making his success ballast 30 + (40/3 to the nearest KG) = 43 KG
A bit of clarification:

The rules say there are only 4 race slots open for the participants in the reserve shootout, yet there are only 16 locked-in drivers in the signups thread.

So is it really just 4 reserves, for a total of 20 drivers, or is it 14, for a total of 30 drivers? Or is the list in the signups thread incorrect?

Thanks.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :A bit of clarification:

The rules say there are only 4 race slots open for the participants in the reserve shootout, yet there are only 16 locked-in drivers in the signups thread.

So is it really just 4 reserves, for a total of 20 drivers, or is it 14, for a total of 30 drivers? Or is the list in the signups thread incorrect?

Thanks.

Ah shoot. I forgot to update the thread. I'm so sorry! Been busy at work. It is 14 drivers for a total of 30. So the chances of getting through are actually OK

Thanks for pointing this out.
When was it changed from top 15 scoring points to top 10 scoring points??
Erm, as far I as know it has always been the top 10 scoring points, ala BTCC (just with the 1st place getting 12 rather than 15)
Quote from boothy :Erm, as far I as know it has always been the top 10 scoring points, ala BTCC (just with the 1st place getting 12 rather than 15)

Hmm yeah, I swore top 15 got points from the Test Race, but looking at the scores now, it looks like they didn't

Darn I shouldn't have let Klouczech through on Sunday then - might have got a point!
Will there be a layout in place for fegold? are there any rules for cutting?
I'd say the only layout objects you would need is a cone at the apex on the grass of turns 1, 2, 5 and beside the tyres at 14/15 (the chicane), and also a few green cones on the grass at the start/finish line to indicate this, especially useful for any safety car restarts.

IMO only cutting is more than 2 wheels over the white lines, as in real motorsport.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG