The online racing simulator
BMW F1 = Sony = PS3 = $$$?
(45 posts, started )
Are Scavier getting rich this time?

I'd be happy if so
Quote from Speed Soro :Are Scavier getting rich this time?

I'd be happy if so

What? Please explain your logic.
Sony buying lfs and putting it on ps3?
whats scavier anyway?
i have heard of a certain scawen, but scavier?
Quote from vladimir :whats scavier anyway?
i have heard of a certain scawen, but scavier?

Scavier is the mixture of the 3 dev's names.

SCAwen VIctor and ERic
The Sauber is not owned by Sony, Sony owns they rights to F1. Not Sauber. The teams are free to license their cars to other developers.
and $$$ contributed usually means leverage on the devs; no thanks if that means LFS is turning into another big production's toy game.
Who said any money has been exchanged? From what i have heard the devs were apporached by a publisher years ago and turned them down because they are doing this for the money.
correction: aren't*
Yep I would hope this whole thing is merely an exchange of information, exchanges of cash would surely be a bad thing in the end.

I think this will help LFS explode into the limelight as mainstream media picks this up.
intel/BMW got a game for their simulators, LFS got alot of publicity:
win/win situation, no money needed.

(it may have cost millions, but i don't think so )
Scoop! Sauber are getting the first LFS devkit! This means they can build all the F1 2006/7 tracks so the drivers can spend hours training and tweaking their setups and hopefully gaining an advantage over the rest of the F1 teams

Of course, I could be talking out of my arse ...
where'd you scope this out?
I don't think that BMW F1 team wanted to have a simulator for their own needs, that just doesn't sound very reasonable. I think the teams have their own simulators for their needs. But this must be related to the BMW-Sauber F1 Pit Lane Park where the BMW-Sauber will have a sim (LFS?) what visitors can try.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s491/st94118.htm (there's a mentioning about "driving simulator")

I'm really eager to hear the whole story behind this. Might be related back to the MPH & Vienna car shows where LFS was shown with the Cyberseat?
Quote from deggis :I don't think that BMW F1 team wanted to have a simulator for their own needs, that just doesn't sound very reasonable. I think the teams have their own simulators for their needs. But this must be related to the BMW-Sauber F1 Pit Lane Park where the BMW-Sauber will have a sim (LFS?) what visitors can try.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s491/st94118.htm (there's a mentioning about "driving simulator")

isn't that for their own needs? i was talking about promo simulators, not about real simulators for testing and training purposes.

And atm we are talking about intel, because they needed a simulator for the racing tour, not BMW.
Quote from inCogNito :

And atm we are talking about intel, because they needed a simulator for the racing tour, not BMW.

What racing tour? I just don't know how the deal would be between only Intel & LFS, just doesn't sound very logical that Intel would've given a F1 car license as an exchange... they would have given new brand spanking Intel processors for the devs. lol
Quote from Hankstar :Scoop! Sauber are getting the first LFS devkit! This means they can build all the F1 2006/7 tracks so the drivers can spend hours training and tweaking their setups and hopefully gaining an advantage over the rest of the F1 teams

Of course, I could be talking out of my arse ...

That last sentence was originally coloured white
more licenses is now very likely; a big partner make things much easier although I don't think Scavier is going to any manufacturer/team. They just wait if anyone is interested, that keeps everyone onboard instead of being LfS salers. I think we can expect a rally- or BigFoot team join LfS before S2 final as well...

and dont' forget tyremanufactures, I think Goodyear wants to be in LfS now as well.
#20 - JTbo
Hmm, now because this is intel racing tour website that has ranking lists and all, I'm wondering if there is some sort of free lite version of LFS for this "online game" thing?

I don't believe that it is just link to buy a game or so, those usually don't work that way. However no need to speculate a long time as there is date 22.04.2006

Link to Intel game site
Quote from JTbo :Hmm, now because this is intel racing tour website that has ranking lists and all, I'm wondering if there is some sort of free lite version of LFS for this "online game" thing?

I don't believe that it is just link to buy a game or so, those usually don't work that way. However no need to speculate a long time as there is date 22.04.2006

Link to Intel game site

Yesterday evening on GIGA the projectmanager announced the Intel Racing Tour. This tour will have events throughout whole germany until Feb. 07.

Main price is a BMW M6. On those events you can play the BF1 in some cockpits and qualify for the final event. The online game on the site is a flash-based game and has nothing to do with the Tour-game, which is LFS.

The projectmanager also said, that there wont be a free copy with the BF1, but it will be in the game and everyone can buy the game and practice at home.

So the bottom line: intel has a game that needs skill for their Racing Tour, and LFS has the BF1. As incognito said, that's a win/win situation.
Quote from Vykos69 :Yesterday evening on GIGA the projectmanager announced the Intel Racing Tour. This tour will have events throughout whole germany until Feb. 07.

Main price is a BMW M6. On those events you can play the BF1 in some cockpits and qualify for the final event. The online game on the site is a flash-based game and has nothing to do with the Tour-game, which is LFS.

The projectmanager also said, that there wont be a free copy with the BF1, but it will be in the game and everyone can buy the game and practice at home.

So the bottom line: intel has a game that needs skill for their Racing Tour, and LFS has the BF1. As incognito said, that's a win/win situation.

Very well done sirs!
Vykos69, we want to hear the whole story behind this. Obviously you are somehow connected to this.

and they need to ban German hotlappers from that contest. Either the M6 would be really easy prize for them
Quote from Vykos69 :
Main price is a BMW M6.

:wtf2: Add Hungarian cities! :ambulance
#25 - Jakg
Quote from csimpok ::wtf2: Add Hungarian cities! :ambulance

wonder what Biggie will do with his new car?

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG