The online racing simulator
4 Nights in Kuala Lumpur
(8 posts, started )
4 Nights in Kuala Lumpur
Im heading off to China (hainan) for a month in february (for some thai boxing training) and on my way back im spending 4 nights in KL. Does any one know of anything exciting or what i can do to keep myself entertained while im there. From what my dad has said KL is pretty boring and im better off flying down to Singapore. Right now Singapore seems like the best option as its cheap to get down there and i know i wont be bored but i thought i would ask in case im going to miss out on a good time in KL.
#2 - amp88
If he doesn't reply here then mrbogeyman could be the person to talk to. He works in Malaysia and went to the GP at some point in the past. I'm sure he could point you in the way of some tourist attractions.
Quote from amp88 :If he doesn't reply here then mrbogeyman could be the person to talk to. He works in Malaysia and went to the GP at some point in the past. I'm sure he could point you in the way of some tourist attractions.

I'm bound to 'see' him over the holidays as he is back at home for Christmas...I'll make sure he gets a link to this thread.
Who me?

What sort of entertainment are you looking for exactly?

Where will you be staying?

If you are staying in the City centre (~2mile radius around the twin towers) then there is plenty of bars/clubs/restaurants if that is what you are after.

Tourist stuff that is easy to get to in and around KL includes:
The Twin Towers (you have to arrive early to get your free ticket)
Batu Caves (20min taxi drive out of town)
The Aquarium
Elephant Sanctuary (I haven't been to this, but I've been told it's good - not sure how close to town it is.)
Shops x10,000,000.....

That's just a brief outline. I'll be in KL in February So I might be able to show you around a bit. As long as I'm not travelling with work I'll be happy to help you out.
#5 - JJ72
and there's always prostitution................

that's what I thought after reading the thread title.
Depends what your into. ive been to KL & Singapore.
in short if you like cities & skyscrapers n stuff then check out both cities, if your more sort of adventure & the great outdoors type then head north to the Cameron Highlands for a few days. One of my favorite parts of malaysia.

Buses run twice daily from KL to Cameron Highlands (the food there is indian influence so as long as you like a nice tandori chicken & a nan bread you will enjoy stuffing your face) I did.
Attached images
IMG_7967.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :and there's always prostitution................

that's what I thought after reading the thread title.

thats what i was gonna suggest(^^)
Well i probably should have replied to this a bit earlier! Accomodation has been booked for us at the YMCA (nice and cheap i guess) and there were plans for us to go to Genting Highlands but i dont think this is happening anymore. A tour of Malacca was thrown up as well but i dont know what that would be like.

My plans are to get to Batu Caves, Sunway Lagoon and hopefully up to the Cameroon Highlands although i dont know if i can do it.

Our Trainer who is organising this has to do it from overseas and the 10 of us that are going dont know each other that well and havent been emailing each other as to whats happening (or at least i havent been told) so it seems like we are going to get there and just wing it!

Will be staying overnight in KL on the 5th but wont be spending a decent amount of time in KL until the 24th.

4 Nights in Kuala Lumpur
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG