The online racing simulator
ventrilo activation problems
(29 posts, started )
I am having trouble activating ventrilo in KY oval junkies I am ready to start from scratch,having uninstalled ventrilo,I did seem to have a full instal,the moniter showed the mike working and I heard some chat,but no response to my voice,also I had the small window from FM with player and server infobut I just couldn't get it all together,I think I need fairly simple walk through,starting with where to type fragmaster.net.vt to start the procedure which I understand is quite simple "if you know how".
Your help will be greatly appreciated as usual,especially since I have ordered the eDimensions headset and voicechat soft ware and I am admittedl hooked on LFS.

Thanks
Ron
#2 - J@tko
I take it you've got to the stage of having Vent open yes?
  • Click the top arrow, click New and type in a name or somesuch
  • Press OK
  • Now click the next one down, press new and type in "[FM] Vent Server" (or something).
  • Then type in the following in the boxes below
Quote :Hostname: vt.fragmaster.net
Port: 3922
  • Press OK
  • When you get back to the main menu, it should look something like this [attachment 1]
  • Click "connect"
  • You'll then see something like this [attachment 2]
  • Double click a "room" to enter it
  • You'll need to experiment with 'Setup' to make sure everything works
EDIT: On the setup menu make sure that you select the correct input for the microphone and adjust the inbound/outbound so that you can hear everyone and they can hear you
Attached images
vent.jpg
vent 2.jpg
I haven't typed in theFM.net.vt yet,lets start from there please
I have got as far as your 1st att,but when I c ok I get "Synchronizing" in box "disconnect"
and it stops there,clicking on disc just switches messages back and forth I can't find my way into the window shown in att #2
#5 - troy
could you post a screen shot of your server configuration? just to be sure everything is right there before we start to troubleshoot any other problems you might have.
OK I ve got into set up now what do I do with the various settings,tabs at top,ticks,codec format etc,a bit daunting to te noobie to ventrilo
#7 - wild
Have you got the server setup?

Make sure you have got your hotkey setup. As this is the button you press to start speaking to people with.
Hi Wild
in set up it shows L control as hot key, doesn't do anything right now
#9 - wild
Okay that's good You should click connect on the left hand side if you have got the FM Server configured If not read what J@tko has said.
how do I do that,screenshot ,post.I tried, no luck
#11 - troy
open ventrilo, go to your server configuration, once you're there search for the "print screen" (could also be "prt sc") button on your keyboard. hit it once, then open paint and paste the printed screen you just took. If thats done you can save it as jpg and attach it to your next post here.
#12 - wild
You can press the Print Screen button on your keyboard then open up Microsoft paint or something paste the image in there and save it. Then upload it to the forums
I get as far as att1,it says its synchronising but does nothing,but click back and forth,disconnect lets me go to setup,thats as far as I can get can,t bring up att2
I'm having no luck with that,I feel like a lost cause,maybe I should wait until my new headset arrives(next week) and try again,what I'm using are some what elcheapo ,in the meantime thanks all for your efforts.

Ron
#15 - wild
Maybe someone could setup a remote desktop session with you and setup ventrilo for you? I'd be more than happy to do that for you
So you've got a name and server details right? And it says something like synchronizing and you won't be able to connect to the server?

Happened to me once. I had to manually open some ports in my router. I'd recommend rebooting your router first.
#17 - troy
don't give up so fast your headset won't stop you from joining the server, so you will run into the very same problem once you got a new headset.

attached a screenshot of my ventrilo settings, if your ones look the same go to step 3, if they look different do the following:

1. Be sure you setup a name (step 1 on my picture)
2. go to the server setup (step 2 on my picture) change the settings so they look the same

you should be able to connect now

(3.) if your settings seem correct and it still does not work: try to change "vt.fragmaster.net" to "82.96.64.111" (thats the IP adress of the server, we had another guy already who couldn't connect without entering the ip)

if that fails too i would check if (in case you've got one) your firewall is blocking access to ventrillo.

Attached images
vent.jpg
changed to# no luck sofar will check firewall after supper
Thanks
Most likely will be the firewall or some form of restriction somewhere.
Thanks for the offer Wild,How do we set it up
#21 - wild
The easiest way would be for me to send you a Logmein remote assistance thing I'll setup it just now and PM you the details
Wild, The ping has been erratic on KY Oval,could that be the problem,it happened before,ISP fixed it but its starting again I'm in touch with them,see on monday
#23 - wild
The high ping may have been cause due to that remote desktop It should sort itself out soon. I've sent you a PM check it out please
Hi
"wild" helped me (a lot)to get my H/S working but we are at the <ventrilo run box> which stops at ?MSG synchronization.after showing server is available click connect,tried all sorts things,firewall,router,etc,nothing works has any one got around this?
Did you try forwarding ports 3866 UDP and TCP in your router/firewall?

... I won't guarantee this works. After googling they might also be ports 5000 and 6100.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG