The online racing simulator
Tyre contact
(8 posts, started )
Tyre contact
In real life when you touch wheels with someone in an open-wheeler than you'll get bumped about a lot - in LFS you just get pushed away, not much happens. Also in real life if you get your nose-cone on one of their back wheels you are launched over the top of them - in lfs you just spin them and you out (in rare cases you do fly over the top but not because the tyre is pulling you).

I really think this should be fixed. I'm guessing the only reason it hasn't been done yet is that it's difficult to do which is fine but I would like to see it in S3 maybe?
In real life if you hit someones tyre with your nosecone you get bumped about a bit, and if you hit a tyrte with your own tyre then you get launched skywards. You got it the wrong way round.

But yes, I would like to see this one day
I think we all would, more so if we got to see it in a replay, with it happening to tristan
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
mumble grumble *shakes fist*

*makes secret vows*
#5 - ajp71
It's something missing from LFS, does it happen in nK online?

Had a graphic demonstration of what happens when cars touch wheels IRL when Charles Adrian's (my Dad's mate) car was landed on by a Formula Ford which had launched itself off another car going into Russel on the last lap @ Snett.

The other car flew over the rear wing of Charlie's car, brushed over his head, left some mud on his steering wheel and then landed on the front left suspension completely collapsing it without damaging anything else except a tire mark on the sidepod that polished out. Even the front wing was undented.

Very close to giving him a proper biff on the head which obviously would have very nasty (ie fatal) consequences IRL. Anyway he managed to take the suspension components to another racer's (who lives near Snett) workshop and weld them back together overnight. Then managed to race in the second race yesterday morning.
This is a good idea.

I'd also like to see rubber rings on some of the normal cars if they come in contact with another cars' tires.

Also, paint swapping cars would be cool, but that would take alot to perfect, due to everyone having different color paint jobs.
This suggestion could go a long way to giving some drivers cause to give a little more space to other cars in that old faithful, turn 1.

+1 for me.

Paintswapping isn't too hard if it's point to point, but would be extremely slow if large areas of the cars came into contact with each other. However damage to the paintwork would be fairly easy if a generic "damage" source texture was used thus not needing to plot which part of each car has contacted the other, however the generic texture wouldn't necessarily look good on all skins and isn't necessarily appropriate as some LFS cars are carbon fibre, some are fibre glass, and some alluminium/steel etc.
Quote :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In real life when you touch wheels with someone in an open-wheeler than you'll get bumped about a lot - in LFS you just get pushed away, not much happens. Also in real life if you get your nose-cone on one of their back wheels you are launched over the top of them - in lfs you just spin them and you out (in rare cases you do fly over the top but not because the tyre is pulling you).

I really think this should be fixed. I'm guessing the only reason it hasn't been done yet is that it's difficult to do which is fine but I would like to see it in S3 maybe?

yes.

:bowdown::lfs:

Tyre contact
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG