The online racing simulator
LFS + nVidia 3D Vision?
(40 posts, started )
LFS + nVidia 3D Vision?
I just wanted to know if the nVidia 3d Vision would work with LFS. Driving in 3D would be amazing, and well worth the money for buying the 3D Vision product. I wonder what it would be like.

Here is a link to it: http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html

Also, if anyone HAS used it, please tell me what you think!
Anyone? :[
i would buy it if it did..
Quote from chavm481 :i would buy it if it did..

Do you realize that there are currently only 2 screens working with this nVidia 3D thingy? And they are both pretty damn expensive.
You _CAN_ use the red/cyan glasses that come with 3D movies and stuff, but TBH, I tried LFS in 3D..and it sux.
Tracks and other cars are OK-ish...but the cockpit is out of focus and hurts the eyes.
Try it by all means, but dont blame me One game that I HAVE heard good reports about in 3D is GTA4...yet to try it because I cant be bothered to reload the 3D drivers

(as a footnote, I had better add that I have to wear glasses to see the screen anyway, and find it awkward using red/cyan plastic glasses over my normal ones...might try getting some coloured film to stick over my lenses...see if that does any good )
lfs hasnt been developed for 3d. thats why it sucks...
It's a gimmick that's best kept to the theaters at Theme Parks, not on a track doing 150mph.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's a gimmick that's best kept to the theaters at Theme Parks, not on a track doing 150mph.

You mean on a chair at a pc doing 0mph
It's not really a gimmick. It's just stereo 3d.
Hmm so it seems like it might be kinda nice. And yes, the monitors are SUPER exspencive. But thats nice an issue
iRacing in 3D would be the shit
Quote from BlakjeKaas :can't see LFS in that list..

Yeah, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work with LFS, as Velociround said
Im thinking it takes the 3d model data and creates a 3d image from it. Which is most likely why the glasses are designed to work with nvidia cards.

So the more model data a game has (and less 2d mapped 'cheating') the better it would appear.

I just wish there was something that performed with an lcd monitor
only part where i can see it would be cool is if your drifting with some people and the smoke is 3-D, or if your racing on CTRA FE and a bunch of tires go flying in front of you. Now that i think of it, the latter would hurt much
Quote from Sueycide_FD :only part where i can see it would be cool is if your drifting with some people and the smoke is 3-D, or if your racing on CTRA FE and a bunch of tires go flying in front of you. Now that i think of it, the latter would hurt much

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html
Go to the "GeForce with CUDA™ delivers Graphics Plus™ – 3D Stereo" part and click on "VIEW VIDEO CLIP".
It's a simulation of what you would see with this technology.. and I can see 3D smoke
im temted, ill try one i can risk a few $$$$$$$
The only thing is, itd be like looking through a window frame or something. If you had a huge immersive screen thatd be cool.
But smoke trails going outside of the monitor? I dont think so...

Id be really interested in checking this out, but I aint gonna spend the $ to test it
Quote from breadfan :Do you realize that there are currently only 2 screens working with this nVidia 3D thingy? And they are both pretty damn expensive.

Uh?

Any 100Hz or higher CRT screen works. And almost all 120Hz samsung screens.
I'll let ya know
Ordered a combo of the samsung monitor and 3d glasses, will be here on the 16th or 17th, i'll post the results from LFS.

In theory it should work, as it just interprets 3d from the z buffer. although smoke, and the hud are probably going to appear much closer than they should.
#23 - senn
i had 3d card + glasses back in about 2001. Biggest waste of money ever. The gfx card chugged (this was a $1000 gfx card, back in the day), the support was nigh on non existant (drivers and games) And it was basically such a hassle i tried it once or twice and binned them.

I'll be interested to see if it has improved.
EVGA is having a lend out type deal where you get to use it for 30 days or so then ship it to the next person on the list(Only pay for shipping). They include a monitor and the glasses/software. You have to register on the EVGA site and there's a good chance you wont get picked :P

They are also lending an X58 Motherboard.
Now iirc it is pretty much any half decent gforce card it works with

LFS + nVidia 3D Vision?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG