The online racing simulator
Which channel will transmit F1 @ HD in 2009?
AFAIK none of my national tv station are going to do this, and, from what I've heard, BCC will not too. I was going to get some digital channels packet with HD LCD or smth, but if there is no decent quality transmission, I'll stay with 28" and free analog channel.
It appears the answer is no-one as Formula One Management won't provide an HD feed. If they do it will be available on BBC HD.
I think I remember reading that the British GP will be in HD, and maybe the European one but can't remember for sure.
Last year only some GPs were done in HD.

It was only in 2007 when Ecclestone said HD was useless for F1.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I think I remember reading that the British GP will be in HD, and maybe the European one but can't remember for sure.

That plan appears to have been ditched and it appears no races will be in HD this year, unless Bernie's got something to day at short notice - the BBC are going to unveil more about their plans reasonably soon. There's a fair bit of discussion about this on Digital Spy.

Quote from deggis :Last year only some GPs were done in HD.

It was only in 2007 when Ecclestone said HD was useless for F1.

It was the Japanese GP and that was only in Japan.
#6 - word.
Bernie Ecclestone is retarded. Watching motor sports in HD is epic.

Formula 1 has millions of dollars involved, and they cant shell out a few bucks for HD cameras.

What is he smoking.
Maybe Bernie don't have a TV with available HD, so he says that
Well they should first start using widescreen (or is it just the compelety retarded television network who broadcasts F1 over here who can't do their stuff propeply once again?) than go HD, as HD network isn't that widespread yet. Most of the world hasn't even changed over to digital let alone HD.
#9 - Hawku
Quote from Blackout :Well they should first start using widescreen (or is it just the compelety retarded television network who broadcasts F1 over here who can't do their stuff propeply once again?) than go HD, as HD network isn't that widespread yet. Most of the world hasn't even changed over to digital let alone HD.

What? We've had widescreen here for couple of years now.

And yeah must agree on that Bernie is an idiot part, can't believe he can say hd is useless for formula 1. Seems like he's living in the past still.
Quote from Hawku :What? We've had widescreen here for couple of years now.

No, I can remember last year that if I had set the TV to automatic it showed 4:3 and you had force it to widescreen which of course stretches the image.

Might depend on who is making the broadcast of course, I think it changes between races and continents.
Quote from Blackout :No, I can remember last year that if I had set the TV to automatic it showed 4:3 and you had force it to widescreen which of course stretches the image.

Odd... MTV3 and MAX both have been widescreen past two season, I'm certain Or at least last season, I don't remember was it 2007 or only 2008 when the FOM adapted widescreen.
Quote from deggis :It was only in 2007 when Ecclestone said HD was useless for F1.

Not quite that wording but:

"The trouble with High Definition is that there are not many people who have got the equipment to receive it, so there is not much point"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58776

That is from May 2007, I think that is still a valid point even coming from a mouth of this senile prick, but it's funny that F1 as one of the most widely spread sports is not on the frontline in technology.
Quote from deggis :Not quite that wording but:

"The trouble with High Definition is that there are not many people who have got the equipment to receive it, so there is not much point"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58776

That is from May 2007, I think that is still a valid point even coming from a mouth of this senile prick, but it's funny that F1 as one of the most widely spread sports is not on the frontline in technology.

That strikes me as odd also. At least over here, the typical F1 fan has a much greater chance of owning an HD TV than the typical NASCAR fan. But NASCAR has been broadcast in HD for a few years now, and F1 (to my knowlege) is not. We'll see about this year.

The series with cutting edge engine technology broadcasts using decades-old equipment. The series with decades-old engine technology broadcasts using cutting edge equipment.
Quote from deggis : I'm certain

yes we has widescreens. Have had for a few years now.
No HD for F1 in 2009. NASCAR has HD since 2005.

Guess F1 needs to catch up with technology
Is there any European racing series using HD technology? I got the highest resolution with DTM and F1 using both Super-PAL (1024*576)...
only the Japanese GP is filmed in HD which is only availble to the japanese audience.
Odd, i'm sure FOX Sports broadcast a few races over here in the US in HD last year. Speed TV was in standard.
But was it real HD or upscaled?
I dont think it was even upscaled. The broadcasts looked the same on Fox HD & Fox standard
Quote from Tezuka :I dont think it was even upscaled. The broadcasts looked the same on Fox HD & Fox standard

I remember the quality being better, but that doesn't mean it was HD It probably means the compression used on Speed TV is poor
I bet there goes a hd cable between the tv truck and Bernie's motorhome.
I think the main problem is still that HD is just starting up in European countries. In US HD has gone a long way already, they make most of their content in HD from news to TV series so they have something to broadcast.

But, not really a good businessman this Bernie. I'm sure he could make a sponsor deal with some home electronics manufacturer and a TV network to promote HD. Most people have TVs ready for it, and if you have cable you probably can already receive HD with an external receiver. What a better way to promote HD than F1 in Europe. I'd sure pay for it, well, if I had access to cable TV.

Does Eurosport have a HD channel?
Yes there is Eurosport HD.

Lack of quality broadcast in F1 really sucks. Doesn't this Bernie know that he would gain more money if adverts will be visible in digital high resolution?

Damn, I was so horny to watch '09 season in HD

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG