The online racing simulator
HELP PLEASE.....leo bodnars USB and home made "nixim" brake mod
i just got the leo bodnars USB adapter to hook up my g25 pedals. I made a "nixim" brake mod out of some rubber i got.
13mm x 13mm x 29-30mm (long).
It works perfect. I love the feeing and recommend it very highly. the feeling is very similar to a real cars progressive brake pedal. I now understand what threashold braking means.

The leo bodnars USB g25 pedal adapter is very nice, as i can see now how little 256 steps on the pedals was not very smooth. they are now instantly about a 1000 steps each now. wow. SOOOOOOO much smoother braking AND accelerating. I'm braking much, much later and cutting times everytime i hit the track.

BUT.......

i am trying to setup the dead zones and sensitivity for the "brake mod" like the nixim gentleman was talking about but when i use the logitech profiler it doesnt affect the pedals because they are independent from the steering wheel now. the pedals and controller dont show up in logitech 5.02 profiler under controllers. i can adjust the brake axis and stuff but again....the pedals are not part of the wheel anymore. hhhhmmmmmnnnnn.........

I even tried DIView and DXtweak for the dead zones and it appears to work but when you start LFS i dont think they are there (the dead zones i mean). I tried the "put the car on a hill and let it roll test" with no sucess at all. the car always stops as soon as i press the pedal as if there is no dead zone. i look over to my 2nd screen and diview and dxtweak show the dead zone clearly working.

Can you even set dead zones with LFS? Is it because Windows XP and direct X?

should it show the dead zone on the on-screen virtual pedals?

I ask this because sometimes i brake with my left foot and want the dead zone so i dont kill speed in the corners. i like the idea of the brakes not coming on strong until i hit the resistance of the rubber mod in the pedals.

Please any links or help would be amazing.

If anyone needs help with sizing, stiffness or sourcing rubber for your own mod i would love to help out........its the software stuff that always gets me.

Thank VERY much you all have been amazing.

Kevin
iirc deadzones can not be saved (they will be reset at boot) even though dxtweak allows you to set them. what i would do is adjust the linearity with dxtweak. i guess it's just trial and error.. i, too, will be forced to deal with this once i get leo's board and hook up a load cell brake..
Hold down the brake pedal a little (the amount of dead zone you require )while recalibrating within lfs
so:

hold brake -> click recalibrate -> press in fully -> done

like the opposite of short calibrating?
Yup , but remember to press the other pedals and fully rotate wheel as well, before pressing lock calibration
i tried it and it does not work. the car stops as soon as i push on the brake....barely 10% pushed and the car comes to a stop. i even got the car coasting up to 10 mph and just tapping the brakes it stills skretches to a halt.

i even tried pushing the brake 75% down, then clicking unlock, recalibrate axis, then finish depressing the brake the rest of the way. then relock it and still the car will not roll if i even barely tap the brakes.

im trying it leaving the pits at BL1 with the XFG (my favorite car) down the hill b4 you get on the track.

maybe im being picky but i thought this should work.

What does the C mean next to the axis line?

i cant find anything on this.

thanks again
Enable options/display/show pedals , you will see the bars in the bottom right corner of the screen.You will see there if its working.
Sometimes I need to press the brake all the way when left pits to give full travel.
'C' is for Centering axis , use it to centre your steering axis.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG