The online racing simulator
Insurance (Yeah, another one!)
(95 posts, started )
#76 - Jakg
How exactly does one request the full terms? It seems a little... underhand they can expect you to follow T&C's and terminate your contract if they never mention how you get them in the book and never send them to you - what if the first term is "you may not turn left"? I could very well have already voided my insurance by driving to School today...
Just ask them to send you a full copy of any and all terms and conditions relating to insurance, both from them in general and for your policy in particular.
You should be sent a full copy of the terms when you take out a policy, they're long winded and hard to read though so most people ignore them and make wrong assumptions. Or like you try to justify what is really deliberately fraudulent.
#79 - JJ72
Quote from Jakg :The booklet is my terms and conditions for my insurance...

that is a summary of your terms and conditions designed for sales, it's no way the legal document. You really can't rely on that. the real thing might be 50pages thick and written in 4 point size fonts.
#80 - Jakg
Rung Quinn again - Spoke to a different person, she confirmed that while other insurers put a minimum age on the policy or engine size Quinn do not - I explained that my Dad was looking to buy a new car and would I be authorised to drive it to work or to another place (specifically stating I could well be doing over 5,000 miles) and she said that was ok BUT that it was 3rd party only.

Will send a letter to them...
Unless I've understood this wrong, Open Drive is for 25 - 70 yo
Attached images
cover.jpg
[sick] Just get one of these ('M' reg, btw) for £1950 and insure it fully-comp for just £350 [/sick]

It will only take you 20 years of paying the PROPER price for PROPER insurance...and careful driving!
Attached images
m3.jpg
Quote from Jakg :Rung Quinn again - Spoke to a different person, she confirmed that while other insurers put a minimum age on the policy or engine size Quinn do not - I explained that my Dad was looking to buy a new car and would I be authorised to drive it to work or to another place (specifically stating I could well be doing over 5,000 miles) and she said that was ok BUT that it was 3rd party only.

Will send a letter to them...

Did you tell them that you are not planning on using the insured car as the main vehicle but the one your Dad buys that isn't really for him? That's quite different, from an insurance point of view, to using your Dad's everyday car every so often.
#84 - Jakg
Quote from Xaid0n :Unless I've understood this wrong, Open Drive is for 25 - 70 yo

Nah not on my policy
Quote from tristancliffe :Did you tell them that you are not planning on using the insured car as the main vehicle but the one your Dad buys that isn't really for him? That's quite different, from an insurance point of view, to using your Dad's everyday car every so often.

Sort of.

Got a letter ready to post saying it will be my main car - will post it tonight...
Why don't you save yourself the hassle and just tell them on the phone?
#86 - DeKo
Quote from Jakg :Fully Comp is £800 more on my car, with a £500 excess on a £700 car - and thats the cheapest I could get.

If I did claim, the "saving" would be offset against the cost of not having any NCB so it seems pointless to ever claim on the insurance unless I have to - hence why my car is only TPF&T (and thats only because F&T was the same as TP)

IF you crash into somebody though, youve lost your NCB, all your money spent on the car and a 500 quid excess, aswell. and FC shouldnt be more expensive, everywhere ive looked its basically the same price.

also, every type of DOC cover ive ever seen, the car being driven has to be insured aswell under another name, not just uninsured, thats going from experience with direct line DOC and the flexibell DOC option. you would get pulled over all the time every time an ANPR camera looked at your car.
#87 - Jakg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why don't you save yourself the hassle and just tell them on the phone?

I did, and they said it was ok...
So you said "I'm going to get a Seat Leon 20VT (or whatever), and register it in my Dads name. However he won't be driving it as it's actually my car and I'll be doing normal mileage. BTW the Proton I have registered won't be used at all, and is just a way to exploit a loophole in your policy!" ?
Quote from S14 DRIFT : and is just a way to exploit a loophole in your policy!" ?

Its hardly a loophole if the company tell him "yes you can drive your dads car" and it says it in the policy
But he doesn't overly care about his Dads car. He's already said he wants to buy a car he wouldn't otherwise be able to insure, like that Seat Leon.
Quote from tombarlin :Its hardly a loophole if the company tell him "yes you can drive your dads car" and it says it in the policy

Except its not his dad's car? Its his car that he is lying about being his dad's car.
Quote from UncleBenny :Except its not his dad's car? Its his car that he is lying about being his dad's car.

His dad is buying it, for the sake of arguement. And doesn't this policy mean the car actually has to be insured by his Dad aswell? That might be something that catches jack out.
The owner of the vehicle normally has to be the main driver on the insurance, unless it's like garage owners insurance or something.
Quote from samforey12345 :His dad is buying it, for the sake of arguement. And doesn't this policy mean the car actually has to be insured by his Dad aswell? That might be something that catches jack out.

That's what I thought, even if he has this third party insurance you would think someone has to have normal insurance on the car. Someone being his dad, the supposed owner of the car.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The owner of the vehicle normally has to be the main driver on the insurance, unless it's like garage owners insurance or something.

No that is not correct, the main driver has to be the main driver, if a young driver gets a policy with a parent (who owns the car) as the main driver who isn't they will be done for fronting.

Insurance (Yeah, another one!)
(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG