The online racing simulator
Aston Martin to challenge for overall Le Mans win
#2 - ajp71
Enough of the diesel fad! It'll be the most attractive and best sounding works car if nothing else
Oh please, let them win, just for the sake of a good slap in the face for all the diesel cars

Which aren't really what you would call diesel, because the diesel fuel they run is quite different to the fuel you put into your everyday diesel car
I thought it was that bio-diesel which is readily availible in some countrys (I think like Norway or something :shrug?
Wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
#6 - 5haz

I think it's going to take them a couple of years to pull it off though, like Bentley. Although time is short before regulations change.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Imma happy lil bitch :jester:

YAY

They gonna do it this year!*

*This is not a pundit prediction. This is unadoltarated love of the best cars in the world by a chick who trembles at the knees to the sight of an Aston Martin.

Pleeeeeeaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee dont break down in the last hour !
#8 - ajp71
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I thought it was that bio-diesel which is readily availible in some countrys (I think like Norway or something :shrug?

No from what I gather it is the petrol car that ran in a semi-works team with a production based engine, I think it was competitive against the race derived petrols last year. Will be interesting to see how it does against the lot this year, should have reliability on its side.
Ahhh right..

Go production engine! :woohoo: - But I would have thought with high spec internals (like on the race engine) it would have been more reliable.. because like you're not just upping power from (more standard) components.. (unless I've misunsdersood I'm very tired )

Although I'm not going to place any bets, I'm secretly hoping that the Aston wins it.. because Astons are lush and Britain will no longer be looked upon as a weak and feeble nation! *national anthem*..

And maybe, just maybe, all of those ruddy noise protestors will shut-up for half a year..
Obviously it is a production block with totally new internals, but still like the production engine, big, long stroke and not as high revving as the race engines. There was a cover feature about last years car in Racecar Engineering, may still be on the website.
Ahh ok I'll check it out later.
#12 - 5haz
Quote from Becky Rose :

Pleeeeeeaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee dont break down in the last hour !

You just put a curse on them.
wo~ ,more co2 is so exciting~~~

maybe it is the last hope of gasoline if it can't win...
Aston Martin really need some kind of competition to raise awareness for their new project. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a tour, perhaps using some kind of simulator so people can have a go at driving that car for themselfs. Imagine if we got that car in LFS, Beckys knee caps would probably explode and start a chain reaction which would somehow result in a pig flying into hell and freezing it over after it was struck by lightning 6 times in a row and had an orgasm from sneezing too much.
They waited abit late to do this with the economy in the shape it is around the world. If they don't do well this year or next year...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Aston Martin really need some kind of competition to raise awareness for their new project. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a tour, perhaps using some kind of simulator so people can have a go at driving that car for themselfs. Imagine if we got that car in LFS, Beckys knee caps would probably explode and start a chain reaction which would somehow result in a pig flying into hell and freezing it over after it was struck by lightning 6 times in a row and had an orgasm from sneezing too much.

I see a flaw in your prediction - hell has already frozen over with the release of NetKar 1.0.3. You really should think these serious matters through!

Anyway, Aston Martin? I thought they were broke? Who's payin for this
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Aston Martin really need some kind of competition to raise awareness for their new project. I'm thinking of something along the lines of a tour, perhaps using some kind of simulator so people can have a go at driving that car for themselfs. Imagine if we got that car in LFS, Beckys knee caps would probably explode and start a chain reaction which would somehow result in a pig flying into hell and freezing it over after it was struck by lightning 6 times in a row and had an orgasm from sneezing too much.

Na-ah, Scirocco is more important.

Seriously though, I'd light candles in every single church in NYC for this to happen. Can we (the forumites) write a letter to Aston Martin Racing or something? Certainly 30K signatures will at least attract their attention?
#19 - DeKo
Quote from 5haz :

I think it's going to take them a couple of years to pull it off though, like Bentley. Although time is short before regulations change.

bentley did bugger all, it was just an audi with a different badge.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Imagine if we got that car in LFS

we would need another workaround of the sound engine to support that V12, I once treid to modell a V12 with tweak, no sound at all, only clipping
Sweeeeet, this is awesome.
Quote from Ahriman4891 :Na-ah, Scirocco is more important.

Seriously though, I'd light candles in every single church in NYC for this to happen. Can we (the forumites) write a letter to Aston Martin Racing or something? Certainly 30K signatures will at least attract their attention?

I'd sign
First things first.....Inrepid WTF are you doing with that Avatar, she is the devil herself and should be banished from all history books. Although I always had you down as a Tory Boy

Second thing......Aston Martion WTF are you thinking going with Gulf colours, all cars with the Aston badge, especially while racing, should have British Racing Green. The Gulf colours just doesn’t suit the car.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Second thing......Aston Martion WTF are you thinking going with Gulf colours, all cars with the Aston badge, especially while racing, should have British Racing Green. The Gulf colours just doesn’t suit the car.

Sponsorship, anyone?
Quote from deggis :Sponsorship, anyone?

I know, but it just does'nt sit right....it was the first thing I saw when I opened the link and I thought "ruddy hell....who thought that was a good idea?"

....ignore me anyway in a bad mood. Bad morning at work develops into a worse afternoon at work......undoubtly to come a, nightmare of an evening at work.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG