The online racing simulator
GRID better than i expected
(25 posts, started )
dunno bout other people but race driver grid was alot better than i expected, i had played the demo for a while and wasnt that impressed but i got it cos several guys i know play it. and when i first played it last night was was quite impressed, ok the physics are a bit dodgy but as a whole its pretty fun and carries on the race driver series quite nicly
just wanted to see what other people thouht

btw my psn name is: rangierog
Its a fun enough arcade racer.
Yeah.. keyword - Arcade.
I played the demo but it's too good for my PC: the FFB went crazy and the FPS also died. So I just ended up crashing the AI for a while. I guess it could be a fun game on a decent PC.
I've only played the Grid Demo, I found it too hard to play because of the funny physics; the cars turn instantly, feeling of speed is all off as well.

It made me sad, as I've played the TOCA games since Toca Touring Cars 2 on the PS1 and this one's no where near as fun to play as previous ones. Toca Race Driver 1 was awesome.
#6 - T.J.
2008 race game without clutch or G25 support... FAIL! Uninstalled it asap
It works much better on consoles, its more suited to that style of play.
Didn't like it.
Utter garbage with some fancy(ish)graphics. Just like DIRT. And don't get me wrong, I'm not anti arcade racers, but this isn't good full stop.

As Dan says, it more a console game.. But if you've got a console your better off with GT4 or Forza tbh.

What the hell happened to Codemasters? I remember TOCA 1 and McRae 1 both being great for their time, its sad to see the crap they churn out these days. (and even sadder to still see the crap selling so well)
I never felt comfortable playing Grid. Understeer all the way up to the apex then snap oversteer at it. I'm wth The Moose on this one - TOCA3 was good (although it did come with Starforce), Colin McRae was a fairly good series up until Dirt (although 2.0 is still the pinnacle). I don't know why they decided to make the control scheme so weird.

It sort of worries me that they're in charge of the new official F1 game, although they claim it's going to be more like a sim than Grid is.
I don't think it's garbage TBH, it is what it is, an unashamedly arcade racer, it's actually quite fun if you take it for what it is.
Mario Kart - Better than expected!
Quote from The Moose :What the hell happened to Codemasters? I remember TOCA 1 and McRae 1 both being great for their time, its sad to see the crap they churn out these days. (and even sadder to still see the crap selling so well)

This. McRae game used to be excellent and TOCA, both managed to get a semi realistic handling model that was fun and at times challenging.

I actually think if Codies sorted out the handling model on GRID and DIRT they'd be excellent games. They don't even need to change it much, although that said I found GRID and DIRT (only from the demos) to be more aimed at American audiences, whilst TOCA was aimed at British audiences (with its small cups like the Clio Autosport etc. Do they return in GRID?).
yh its definatly arcade, as for the demo, i too wasnt gonna get it but i know several peopel who play it so got it and the cars still handle a bit funny but dont do the 100mh round a hairpin trick that they did on the demo, i will add this is for the ps3, never tried the pc version
It's a good game, but hard online.

I've had like ~40 races, and it says I've only won ONCE. That time I was racing 2 other cars in NSX's, and they both wrecked their cars.
Its biggest merit is the amazing graphics and damage modelling. Same for Dirt.
I found dirt pretty much the same in terms of graphics and handling. It's too bad.. they could've listened and improved when they made Dirt..

However, i believed it was this vid where they said the new F1 game is going to be Sim.. let's hope so.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v= ... s1sXU&feature=related
Grid was fine if you played with keys (ie, under no pretense of getting into the thing on a realistic level) and have a long memory of what arcade racers used to be. It does one thing spectacularly - crashes.
Quote from Stiggie :However, i believed it was this vid where they said the new F1 game is going to be Sim.. let's hope so.
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v= ... s1sXU&feature=related

As much as i'd love to believe it, i don't think Codemasters have it in them to make a sim.
Codemasters are all about mass appeal and massive profits. Simulations will never meet either of those requrements.
Quote from danowat :I don't think it's garbage TBH, it is what it is, an unashamedly arcade racer, it's actually quite fun if you take it for what it is.

couldn´t agree more, i have it myselfe and i think its pretty fun
I think it's a lot better than I expected.

But I expected it to be really, really, really rubbish, so that wasn't difficult.
lol tristan sort of the same wasnt expecting much but got a little more
Someone said no G25 support - Will a G25 work with it on the Ps3? (I'm not fuffed if it only works in sequential and without clutch)

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG