The online racing simulator
XRG Top Gear 24hr Britcar Skin
This is my first skin, so it's probably a little rough . This is based off the Top Gear 24hr BMW, with a few changes due to the different shape of the XRG. It's still a WIP, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Attached images
XRG_TopGear24.jpg
Nice idea..
very nice can someone get it for me on the fxo?
Quote from chavm481 :very nice can someone get it for me on the fxo?

Thanks! The FXO should work better than the XRG did, so i could probably get it a bit closer to the BMW. I'll give it a try tonight. I've still gotta redo the Peniston Oil logo to match the TG car, so once i get that done it'll look a lot better.
try to add a bit more detail to not look like a quick cut, paste job
I'm gonna try to do some paint chips, dirt, and wear and tear to make the skin look a little more authentic. Any other ideas on how to make it look better?
yeah, like when they ran off the road.
This is my first time doing this, so if you've got any hints, i could really use the help . I dirtied it up a bit, but i'm scared of going too far, so it might be too little.

w/o lighting

with lighting

Seriously, any criticism welcome, I'm looking for ways to improve this.
lots nicer
can you post that skin see if i can help?
Here you go, mate. This is a pretty lightly worn version, i'm working on a better, heavier one. I'll give the FXO a try as soon as i get this one finished. Let me know if you see anything that needs changed.
Attached images
XRG_TG24Hr.jpg
i made it not as dirty and more, dirt lie, your looked like you took grey spray paint an covered in in circles...
heres what i did.. feel free to tell me what you dont like. and lets both work on it!
do some stuff to it and ill actully make the dirt better (its too dark) tommorrow.
Attached images
XRG_TG24Hr.jpg
Quote from chavm481 :i made it not as dirty and more, dirt lie, your looked like you took grey spray paint an covered in in circles...
heres what i did.. feel free to tell me what you dont like. and lets both work on it!
do some stuff to it and ill actully make the dirt better (its too dark) tommorrow.

Looks a lot better than what i had. I honestly have no idea how to properly do any of this, so I just gave it a shot with a paintbrush. I'll mess around with what you put down and see what i can come up with. The dirt looks pretty good to me, I'm gonna work on getting the basic stuff sharpened up some more. Thanks mate!
Quote from irishstang :Thanks! The FXO should work better than the XRG did, so i could probably get it a bit closer to the BMW. I'll give it a try tonight. I've still gotta redo the Peniston Oil logo to match the TG car, so once i get that done it'll look a lot better.

I was going to say something about fixing that, since in that episode the door is open and reads penis... I remember jeremy mumbling something about arse biscuits on one side and penis on the other lol
Quote from c00kie :I was going to say something about fixing that, since in that episode the door is open and reads penis... I remember jeremy mumbling something about arse biscuits on one side and penis on the other lol

Yeah, I got Larsen's Biscuits to line up correctly, so if you look close enough, it says arse biscuits on the door, but I can't get Peniston Oils to line up right. There's not enough room to have it all in one line unless i make the logo smaller. I'm working on it, though

Zippy, I'm looking forward to seeing yours
Here's a few screenshots of my skin.
Attached images
cmx_00000005.jpg
cmx_00000006.jpg
cmx_00000007.jpg
Nice, it seems like it's a lot easier to fit everything on the FXO. I had to leave the numbers out just to get the sponsers on the XRG. Looks good so far.
what a nice FWD beemer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG