The online racing simulator
Race Center Event - Post Event Discussion
Jolly good day what! Cheers Tristan for extending that to us motley crew. Twas a fine day indeed.
Yeh thanks again Tristan, was great to meet everyone and race with each other. Very good service at the centre with everyone getting lots of bum-in-seats time. Well done to Joe for obliterating everyone, too.

PS: Going to go thrash the F08 about for a bit now to remind myself of how good LFS really is.
Quote from Funnybear :Jolly good day what! Cheers Tristan for extending that to us motley crew. Twas a fine day indeed.

Even though you buggered off when we all went back to the hut.

Was a really good day, grats to Joe again for winning (and giving me a lift! )

Thanks Tristi for inviting us again, was an enjoyable time out.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Glad you guys had fun! (if it actually happened, that is)
Tristan thanks for the best weekend I have had in ages! I regret voting for you as most intimidating forum member now, you're such a softy.

Interesting statistics too.

Gills' race wins: 1

Tristan's race wins: 0

Was nice to meet other forum regulars too. Hopefully one day Tristan will win another competition that he forgot he did and maybe do something similar!
Tristans finishing position - 2nd (IIRC?!)

Yours - 4th. fail..

At least you didn't forgot to take part in your last race. :hide:
It's so not fair though.

I was leading by miles in my second race and then my engine just blew up for NO REASON. Bloody Tristan tampering with my car. :weeping:
Thanks Tristan for inviting us along, what a great event!

Nice to meet everyone I met some friendly old faces and some new ones, I had a great day - thanks once more
hi guys had a really nice day and so did the missis (result) lol joe i remembered on the way home where i think i have seen u before do u race rc cars?? s14drifto (note to self) dont forget to start lol thanks for 3rd hehe see u all out on the track soon thanks again
Sounds like you had a good time! What car/track did you run?
We used GPL with Lime Rock Park. We started off in the Ferrari 312 (or 512, one of those) then about half-way through he upgraded us all to the more powerful Brabham which could get some serious air over the main crest.
Quote from Fletch248 :hi guys had a really nice day and so did the missis (result) lol joe i remembered on the way home where i think i have seen u before do u race rc cars?? s14drifto (note to self) dont forget to start lol thanks for 3rd hehe see u all out on the track soon thanks again

Gnomie we ran GPL Ferraris and the 1969 Brabham at Lime Rock Park or something.

Was really good fun!

E:Beaten!
Quote from Fletch248 :hi guys had a really nice day and so did the missis (result) lol joe i remembered on the way home where i think i have seen u before do u race rc cars?? s14drifto (note to self) dont forget to start lol thanks for 3rd hehe see u all out on the track soon thanks again

Yup, that's me! 1:10 I.C. to be exact....

Nice to meet you!
Great day all, nice to meet everyone and see some old faces. My engine blew up aswell when I was leading the last race
Thanks again Tristan for a great day out, would be good to do it again sometime.

Quote from Gills4life :
Was nice to meet other forum regulars too. Hopefully one day Tristan will win another competition that he forgot he did and maybe do something similar!

Group entry for LeMans maybe?

Chris I have to say I really liked you're car, even if it is a front wheel drive impostor

Oh and Fletch remember to collect your pot, I think it might look good as a bonnet mascot on the San Remo
Says the Lada Riva estate driver.
just in now. was a good little event,

got all the timings here (their in individually named text files, some have 2 files due to the addition of our usernames half way through the event)

Once i find my usb cable for my phone i'll try and stick up a vid (not very good, but its proof it happened!)

Thanks Tristan for a fun event and thanks Ben for the lift to the station, thanks [SR] Turkey for the beer, Thanks to whoever bought the cookies and jaffa cakes and thanks everybody else for turning up.
Attached files
The Race Centre 25 Jan 2009.zip - 52.5 KB - 231 views
Was good fun, even if I was right at the back of the grid (unsurprisingly), although at least I wasn't last

Could've done without having to change my wheel just before the return journey, but thanks to some... legally dubious driving I did manage to make it home in time for Lost
I want to especially thank Tristan. He is a really sweet guy and it was really lovely to car share with him, he's a true credit to our community and if I wasnt an insy bit gay i'd have pounced him.

He wont be home until about 1 am though so dont think he'll post tonight, I sortah made him very late. He was trying to say "this is your house you can get out now" for about 2 hours 10 minutes but I didnt shutup.
Thanks for posting those Franky.
It was nice to, briefly, meet you Dajmin. I had no idea that Paul Muir guy was you!
Quote from ajp71 :
Chris I have to say I really liked you're car, even if it is a front wheel drive impostor

Thanks! Yours had more character though! It is an imposter, but I can't complain, it's the best I could afford =) I got 30MPG on the way down, even with me booting it like I was!

I have to say that I didn't connect you to the car following me until we wanted to get off on the same exit, otherwise I would have slowed down for you instead of going like a banshee on slip roads. I didn't speed, honest =)

I had great fun, it's been a year since I have touched the racing wheel really and it took some time to get back into it and build my confidence back up. I did manage to squeek in the fastest lap of the day in the last race... on the last lap! Great fun, thanks Tristan for giving us the opportunity. So who's going to the Whales gokart meet? I am in need of a team!

It was nice meeting up with everyone, I see you on the forums here but now I can at least put faces to the names finally.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :So who's going to the Whales gokart meet?

Love the misspelling Chris! I'll be there, getting beaten by Tristan, Becky, Ben et al - although I do hope we do another Race Center event too! (For obvious reasons )
Quote : So who's going to the Whales gokart meet?

I hope to be going to 'Whales' but I need a change of circumstances before I can get there, and a lift as I dont have a Bodge SRT-4 to hop in and drive down with ;P
Quote from Becky Rose :I want to especially thank Tristan

I'd like to echo that and add Bob/Ben on there too, for their help with the wheel

Was a good day. It's a shame I missed the practice session, because I was only just getting the hang of the cars and track as we got moved on/kicked out. I wouldn't have been in the top group but I might have finished a little higher.

As for "Whales", I'd like to but it all hinges on when the band's playing or recording. I get the impression this year is going to be a busy one...
Assuming I'd even get invited

Race Center Event - Post Event Discussion
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG