The online racing simulator
Pit Stop
(18 posts, started )
Pit Stop
You know the most of the racing in real life?
They stop and change tires, and fill fuel.
We also have this in LFS but we do this apart! LFS Does evrything apart, in real life they fill fuel, fix minor damage and change tires at the same time.

Could we have this in lfs also?

Real life pit: 10 sec + drive in pit and out.
LFS pit: 25 sec + drive in and out
#2 - Kdovi
I would love to see realistic pitstops, ie. F1 - all tyres and refueling at once; GTs - front tyres, rear tyres, refuel; road cars - same as now
Like this? >
Attached images
BMW sauber team.jpg
Quote from KiRmelius :Like this? >

Entire pit crew would be fired immediately if it were my team. My driver is sitting there in the pits waiting for fuel or tires and the crew is standing there with their hands in their pockets?
Quote from mrodgers :Entire pit crew would be fired immediately if it were my team. My driver is sitting there in the pits waiting for fuel or tires and the crew is standing there with their hands in their pockets?

Hahaha, there goes the 1. place!
Quote from mrodgers :Entire pit crew would be fired immediately if it were my team. My driver is sitting there in the pits waiting for fuel or tires and the crew is standing there with their hands in their pockets?

Lfs does not support that yet.
Quote from KiRmelius :Lfs does not support that yet.

Oh, silly me! :doh:

Entire pit crew would be deleted immediately if it were my team. My driver is sitting there in the pits waiting for fuel or tires and the crew is standing there with their hands in their pockets?

Better?
It would be pretty dang hard to pit in the F1 car without hitting someone, I mean, there's a swarm of crew members servicing the car!

hehehe
i think one of the ferraris did hit a member of the pit crew a while back
Quote from h3adbang3r :It would be pretty dang hard to pit in the F1 car without hitting someone, I mean, there's a swarm of crew members servicing the car!

http://thef-1blog.com/blog/wp- ... 4/sepang_kimi_pitstop.png

Flying team members :bananalla

Quote from mrodgers :Oh, silly me! :doh:

Entire pit crew would be deleted immediately if it were my team. My driver is sitting there in the pits waiting for fuel or tires and the crew is standing there with their hands in their pockets?

Better?

They are waiting for parts to arrive . But yes, that's better
Quote from KiRmelius :They are waiting for parts to arrive . But yes, that's better

LFS does not support individual parts yet....

Baa Daa BOOOM!

#14 - Aid
yes... i just did BF1 pit stop took about 8s to add 90% fuel... next pitsop i did the same with tires change.. time? --> 13-14s!!!! an how realistic is that... and its not only with bf1 also affects other cars.... no wonder why nobody wants do to pit stops... they are not realistic and cost too much time, faster is to fill tank with fuel for whole race or do refuel at pitstop but without tires change... no.. this is serious and should be improved asap... whole racing idea and fun suffer because od this.. also little improvement of tire wear/temps would bring lfs to new level
They should have variable pit stop times for tin tops and OWRs.

An F1 car (or a GTR car) can have all 4 wheels changed and filled with fuel in ~10 seconds or something.

A normal road car would probably take a minute or so for the same, at best, because they have 4 or more wheel nuts instead of 1, smaller fuel tank pipes so you can't fill up as fast, and are generally not made for the thing.

I say make it take around 6 seconds to change all 4tyres on the BF1, rather than "doing left front", "right rear" and stuff, and make a tin top take say, 40 seconds.

My 2c. :hide:
Super 2000 cars have four/five nut wheels, has anyone timed how long it takes them to change a set of tyres? They have one person per wheel.

Also, has anyone calculated the fuel flow rate of a normal petrol pump?

The other classes probably could have sportscar rules (one gun and two operatives per side)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :A normal road car would probably take a minute or so for the same, at best, because they have 4 or more wheel nuts instead of 1

I remember a TV program I saw about the training of the pit crew in Nascar, and they screwed the 5 nuts in about 6 seconds. I didn't saw how many time to screw in, but that was awsome hehe
Quote from duke_toaster :Super 2000 cars have four/five nut wheels, has anyone timed how long it takes them to change a set of tyres? They have one person per wheel.

Also, has anyone calculated the fuel flow rate of a normal petrol pump?

The other classes probably could have sportscar rules (one gun and two operatives per side)

Normal fuel pump is about 0.4-0.7L a second IIRC. It takes me about 6 seconds pump in about 8L, but it's been a while since I've been to the pumps.

Whiskey, don't they have one of those fancy tools that can undo 5 in one go?

Pit Stop
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG