The online racing simulator
Some suggestions
(12 posts, started )
Some suggestions
-Qualifying at Carpark and Autocross, if having a league there or so.
-Lights at pit entry or exit.
-Spectators in 3d.
-Tires can touch eachother.
-Openwheel cars are like a box, u can get between it.
-Add pitbox in Carpark and autocross (it's like a start point or 1st split or such, object)
-More car views, you know the tire view? many changed that to something else, please a few more of that.
-See the drivers face through the visors.
-Change laps at drag.
-Skidmark in grass, Gravel, rally tracks.

And a funny suggest:
-Scawens personal car.
I have more suggest but forgot them :S
I think a couple of them have been suggested before, like the spectators.

The pit box stuff should be added at some stage, however IMO none of those improvements are overtly "important"

FTR you can make your own custom views by going into the "View" tab in options and playing about with the slider.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
FTR you can make your own custom views by going into the "View" tab in options and playing about with the slider.

More than one?
No, I think you'd have to change them manually each time. But I _think_ there was a program where you could save the views and scroll through them. But I have no idea what it was called, or if it even actually existed.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No, I think you'd have to change them manually each time. But I _think_ there was a program where you could save the views and scroll them them. But I have no idea what it was called, or if it even actually existed.

I've seen that too somewhere in the forum , but never got to download it. In fact I will find it right now and post the link in here as soon as i do(find it).

Found it: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25674
--Testing--
Works for me
Quote from aroX123 : -See the drivers face through the visors.

That's probably unfeasible because of the infamous limitation on alpha layers of the current version of DirectX LFS is using, which is also responsible for the smoke/particles disappearing in certain views.

So it will have to wait for an engine upgrade
Quote from aroX123 :
-See the drivers face through the visors.

I think that this kind of simulation is only for the sake of itself. If you want to permanently see a distracting reflection of your own virtual face (and you would soon want to change its skin to your photo) just wear a real helmet while playing.

I'd rather see some dirt appearing on the windscreen for example, that atleast adds some kind of strategy to the game, but stuff as "your own reflection" and "scratches on your visor" is just redundant in my opinion.

First, let's have the fun part of reality in THE sim, then we can experiment with the annoying part of reality (driver being exhausted, blurred vision, visor reflections, pit-crew accidents, unruly spectators etc.)
@breadfan: I think he was meaning to see the drivers face from the ouside of the car. Not to see always your helmet like GP4 and so many game (what could be cool and easy to implement -without glass-)
#9 - wien
Quote from NightShift :That's probably unfeasible because of the infamous limitation on alpha layers of the current version of DirectX LFS is using, which is also responsible for the smoke/particles disappearing in certain views.

It's not a limitation on the number of layers, nor a D3D thing. The engine just doesn't sort transparent triangles back to front before drawing them. This means that depending on the camera position you may end up in cases where for instance the wind screen is drawn before the smoke which means the smoke fails the depth test (since the invisible windscreen is "in front" of it) and therefore doesn't get drawn.

In the case of transparent visor the visor would always have to be drawn after the face, so it could easily be hardcoded that way. Not that I feel this is something worth spending time on.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :No, I think you'd have to change them manually each time. But I _think_ there was a program where you could save the views and scroll through them. But I have no idea what it was called, or if it even actually existed.

Yeah it exists, I think it's called flipcam, you can select up to 5 custom views and ctrl+F11 or F12 to scroll through them

It was good, but would be better if 10 views were possible
Quote from Zen321 :Yeah it exists, I think it's called flipcam, you can select up to 5 custom views and ctrl+F11 or F12 to scroll through them

It was good, but would be better if 10 views were possible

If you know how to mod those mods im sure this would be possible too

Some suggestions
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG