The online racing simulator
GT5P - any easy way to getting the F2007?
(13 posts, started )
Hi. I need some help. I've just finished Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (completed all 4 classes). At the end, got a notification that I have a super licence and that I would be eligible to only purchasing the F2007 which is quite aggrevating and not get the actual car, even if I got all gold. So, what I'm asking is, is there an easy way to getting the F2007 without having to do 100 races to get the 2 Mil.?
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi. I need some help. I've just finished Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (completed all 4 classes). At the end, got a notification that I have a super licence and that I would be eligible to only purchasing the F2007 which is quite aggrevating and not get the actual car, even if I got all gold. So, what I'm asking is, is there an easy way to getting the F2007 without having to do 100 races to get the 2 Mil.?

wow. i thought i was the only one. you what you do to get the F2007. YOU KEEP RACING!! YAY!! Have a beer! on GT4, I worked my way up to 11,000,000 to get the 4 secret black race cars just by racing. It isn't that hard, and it can be fun.
Is there a event that gives you a prize car with a large sale value? There is in GT4 (the Pikey DTM) which gives you about 850,000 a pop.
I didn't want to do endless races either to get the 2mil. Just go to the GTplanet forum and download a savegame.

PS: There are several GT5P threads on this forum already. You could have posted in one of those. :sadbanana
I got a few save games there for the Spec III version which I believe I have as I bought it only 3 weeks ago. None of the save games work, it just makes a fresh save game with no cars, no nothing. Can anyone help me with this? I've read about how to delete/copy/overwrite saves but none of it worked.
Because you bought your game 3 weeks ago doesn't mean it's Spec III. Try and go to multiplayer, it should ask you to update your game. Otherwise try a Spec I or II savegame; they work with Spec III. Well for me it does.

I take it all of you guys have PAL? :/
If GT5P is anything like GT4, you win a race, win a car worth loads of dosh, sell it and make 300,000 in 5 minutes. Repeat until desired money level is achieved.
BTW, is GT5 worth getting? I kind of want it. My brothers said to not to. I first off need to get a PS3, and so far I'm off to a trashy start since I don't have money. So is GT5 worth getting?
Thanks for the suggestion RM, I'll try that.

@Grip Driver: GT5P is quite good but there is something about the handling thats a bit off. You can't feel the car letting go at all. You either have grip or you don't. That said, it ofcourse makes it more of a challenge but on the realism side, not too sure as I would be comparing it to the likes of Forza 2 and LFS. However, its only the prologue version and I don't have broadband yet (using mobile internet here ) so I don't have any of the updates where the physics may have been altered so perhaps a newer version could be much better or better yet, you could always wait for the full game and see whats that like.
I worked out that to get 2,000,000, you'd have to do the 5 lap race of Daytona loop 45 times, winning 45,000 every time. Using the Mine's Skyline, it takes about 4 and a half minutes to complete. Let's say five minutes; 3 hours and 45 minutes of sitting in one place and the F2007 is yours.

Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :wow. i thought i was the only one. you what you do to get the F2007. YOU KEEP RACING!! YAY!! Have a beer! on GT4, I worked my way up to 11,000,000 to get the 4 secret black race cars just by racing. It isn't that hard, and it can be fun.

On GT4 I used to do this excellent little cheat for loads of money.

On an early (beginner difficulty) rally road race you do two races, each only a few laps long, you win a few credits as well as a Toyota (I think) proto rally raid car, you could sell it for 300k, do the races again and sell it again.

Sadly this doesn't work on GT5P, you only win a car if you complete every race in its type (i.e easy, medium, hard etc.) and even then you can't sell it.
Thanks for the idea dtrott but one thing concerns me just. I'll have to maybe drink 10 cans of redbull before doing that as I'd have tremendous trouble of staying awake for race 2 :P. I'll just try one of the spec I or spec II saves and hope it works.
I personally haven't actually tried it, but as far as I know it's the only way.

I always feel tempted, but race for about 15 minutes, get bored of going in circles and buy some other expensive car.
Quote from Leprekaun :I got a few save games there for the Spec III version which I believe I have as I bought it only 3 weeks ago. None of the save games work, it just makes a fresh save game with no cars, no nothing. Can anyone help me with this? I've read about how to delete/copy/overwrite saves but none of it worked.

There is a Spec III save on www.gamefaqs.com

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG