The online racing simulator
LFS MoTeC
(70 posts, started )
LFS MoTeC
LFS MoTeC

I made this as an exercise for myself, and for use by myself, but figured it's time to release this to the LFS public. This program would be ideal for a secondary monitor. It's modeled, as far as I could, on the real MoTeC. Some features:
  • Traction Control, Pit Speed Limiter, Oil Pressure, Redline Flags as lights.
  • RPM Bar
  • Fuel %
  • Speed (configurable in options for MPH or KPH)
  • Gear in use
  • Previous Laptime
  • Two Miscellaneous windows on the bottom:
    • Turbo Pressure
    • Eng Temp
    • Oil Pressure
    • Throttle %
    • Brake %
    • Clutch %
    • Best Laptime
    • Laps Remaining on Fuel
  • Options Dialog Box (by right clicking anywhere on the program):
    • Connection Info (where you connect to LFS)
      • Program uses InSim to edit your cfg.txt file, no editing needed.
    • Colors: Choose a color scheme for the MoTeC.
    • Auto Rotate: Enable to auto rotate the Miscellaneous windows through the various options.
    • Speed Format: Change to MPH or KPH
Criticisms and suggestions welcome.

Download

NOTE: After confirming with another user, rename the exe file to OutGauge.exe to stop the program from maxing out your CPU. It's an unknown bug, by me, and I'm still researching how to fix that.

NOTE2: After my own research, it turns out that it was a dll I used that caused the CPU spikes, not renaming the program. Please update to the new version with the download link above.

Updates:
V0.9.8:
  • Fixed CPU spiking
  • Added requested Always on Top option
V0.9.7:
  • Minor bug fixes
V0.9.6:
  • More graceful exiting of the program in various circumstances of LFS exiting.
Attached files
lcdfont.zip - 38 KB - 2564 views
Looks pretty nice! Would be excellent to set up on a seperate monitor or something as you say. 10/10
Burnsy, nice, but is it allowed to distribute that font? :/
Looks really nice. I'm just wondering. Would something like this work on a different pc outside the local network of someone who's racing? Say, a teammate?
Quote from Shadowww :Burnsy, nice, but is it allowed to distribute that font? :/

Was a standard Microsoft Font for me in the US. A dutchie friend tested it for me, and said the fonts looked weird, so assumed that that font is not standard in Windows for other countries. So, I wanted to include it, otherwise all the spacing would be very different.

Quote from Darkone55 :Looks really nice. I'm just wondering. Would something like this work on a different pc outside the local network of someone who's racing? Say, a teammate?

I would think so. As long as:
  1. You know the IP address of that person's outgoing IP
  2. They have forwarded the ports on their firewall and router
  3. They have enabled the insim on their client
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have never thought of trying this, so if you do, please let me know how it works. Would be a very interesting exercise.
Thanks mate!!!

Looks nice but

I can't make it work.

Should i change some value in cfg.txt ?
Quote from Ant0niS :I can't make it work.

You have to give me a little more than that. What happens? Did you right click to go to the options to get to the connection screen?
yes i get to the connection screen.
Should i change something there or in lfs cfg.txt?
Attached images
Καταγραφή.JPG
No, the program takes care of that for you, no need to edit the cfg.txt file. Guess I should put that in the first post. Once connected, you should see messages in LFS that it's connected.
good idee...

Sorry..Help me??
Quote from MIRAGGIO :good idee...

Sorry..Help me??

Help me doesn't tell me anything, you have to give me more information than that.

Quote from burnsy1882 :Did you right click to go to the options to get to the connection screen?

can yuo example..connection please
enable insim typing this in lfs. Press T first,
Quote :/insim=29999

Then right click in the app, togo to the connection screen. Click on OK, and you should see this in LFS:
Quote :
InSim : port 29999
InSim - TCP : LFS MoTeC (UDP port 29998)
OutGauge : enabled

And your ready togo
Quote from FireFox86 :enable insim typing this in lfs. Press T first,
Then right click in the app, togo to the connection screen. Click on OK, and you should see this in LFS:
And your ready togo

ok...but
in cgf?

OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 0.0.0.0
OutSim Port 0
OutSim ID 0
Outgauge Mode 1
Outgauge Delay 1
Outgauge IP 127.0.0.1
Outgauge Port 29999
Outgauge ID 0

this is mine cfg thingy:
Quote :OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
OutSim Port 10001
OutSim ID 0
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 29998
OutGauge ID 0

I change some values few years ago, so i'm not sure what every stuff means. it works anyway
Read the whole thread and you see:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1046518#post1046518
that you don't need to edit the cfg. Have you tried my approach and see what it does?
i had to delete outgauge and outsim from cfg, the whole app. v0.95 is very CPU consuming and the GUI is badly done it blips when rpm changes, si it blips always, why you didn't used DirectX or OpenGL? or some better GUI, don't know why it is flickering
going to try v0.97

still flickering
I had a different name for the project when I was building it, but when I renamed the exe file, I noticed that it does what you say, maxes the CPU. For the time being, until I find a workaround or fix, rename the exe file to OutGauge.exe. You should then have none of the problems above.
Is there anyway we can run this prog inside lfs ? For example to put it where the wheel is ?
Interesting, I thought the program's too big for that. But, I could put an option in there to make it stay on top. After I fix the renaming problem.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Is there anyway we can run this prog inside lfs ? For example to put it where the wheel is ?

You could probably run LFS in a maximized window and use Task Manager or something to set the Motec thing to "always on top" or something like that and just position it to your liking..
For all of those that have seen CPU spikes with this program, it is because I thought I put in a good RPM bar, but it turns out that that bar is what was sucking down all the CPU cycles. This update has returned to the trusty progress bar for the time being, because I do not like the progress bar. I'm currently learning WPF/Silverlight, and will hopefully be able to update the program even more once I'm up-to-date with WPF. So, for the time being, here's the link to the updated program:
http://burnsy.no-ip.info/LFS_MoTeC.
hy,

i get following message in lfs:

password does not match your multiplayer admin password

so which password i need?? or is there something like a config.ini??

thanks
psypreacher
Quote from psypreacher :hy,

i get following message in lfs:

password does not match your multiplayer admin password

so which password i need?? or is there something like a config.ini??

thanks
psypreacher

Multiplayer>Create New Game>Clear "Admin Password"
maybe can you provide us with another link???
i tried firefox,internet explorer and safari
and none of those work dam
Quote from ProDemoDrifter :maybe can you provide us with another link???
i tried firefox,internet explorer and safari
and none of those work dam

Try now.

LFS MoTeC
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG