The online racing simulator
#26 - zero
I'm not into physics at all, but if I remember correctly, locked tyres is most effective way to stop car instantly on the dry road (as long as they are not burning yet). Don't tell me i live in illusion fur such a long time.
@zero :

Sorry, you do But don't worry. The difference isn't as big as I thought at first.
But about 20% wheelslip (so not locked but spinning slower than car is moving) is even better on the dry. It results in about 10 to 20% shorter way. So this would be about 4 or 5m from 100 km/h or about 65 mph.
Not bad, but not best
Quote from RIP2004 :a corrected longitudinal acceleration with spinning wheels would change a lot in my opinion. Not only the effectiveness of electronics. It would also change general behaviour in corners. Right now there should be to much longitudinal force if sliding with spinning wheels for example. With corrected physics even sliding/drifting should feel different, because there is less power to accelerate the car. Wheelspin Sliding would be even slower I guess.
All cars would feel quite different in a lot of situations. Not only the start.

Yes. One of the most important problems with LFS is that you can manage to get better lap times when sliding, but in RL every slide should result in lost of time. Fixing longitudinal grip issue will help at better simulation during accelerating and braking, differentials work also will be strongly affected because high locking factor means more sliding of the less loaded wheel.

This leads into tyre loading issue (too much grip on highly loaded tyre, and too little grip on unloaded), which is responsible for differential behaviour too, and also other issues connected with weight transfer (too much lift off oversteer in FWD for example).

The remaining big tyre issue is warming and wearing speed.
Fixing all this 3 things will result in much better car handling simulation, which all simulation fans are waiting for.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG