The online racing simulator
restriction changes max. setup value(s)
well, you can call me a noob after that question if you like, hence my post in the beginners section, but

without voluntary intake restriction, the maximum value for suspension stiffness on the fzr is 260
if you add restriction, it goes down. at maximum restriction (50%) the maximum stiffness setting is 200.

same on other (not all) cars and to all suspension values (at least)

that´s supposed to be a feature, not a bug, right?
sounds like a bug to me
It happens only on some of the race cars apparently. I've successfully reproduced the 'issue' on the FXR, XRR, FZR, all the single seaters with the sole exception of the MRT.

I haven't tested all of the road cars, but picked some at random and none of them exhibited the same behavior. If you max out the spring stiffness settings, and then apply the intake restriction, the max stays unchanged.

If it's a bug, it's a very weird one
It's cars with aero that exihibit this bug. R.Koltz pm'ed me about it some months ago and has reported it directly I believe. Must be something to do with the code that deals with areo load on the suspension
Something like that happened to me as well. I was in CTRA 3, and I had exactly the same setup values on each setup, but when I changed the set, the suspension values would move like 1 or 2 cm (~= to about 15 or 20 clicks) to the left.
Weird :\
Quote from [DUcK] :Something like that happened to me as well. I was in CTRA 3, and I had exactly the same setup values on each setup, but when I changed the set, the suspension values would move like 1 or 2 cm (~= to about 15 or 20 clicks) to the left.

i had a similar experience recently... at least i'm not going crazy.
This also happens with lfstweak adding a lot of extra power will make the brake force go crazy. At least it used to not sure anymore.
Quote from [DUcK] :...had exactly the same setup values on each setup, but when I changed the set, the suspension values would move like 1 or 2 cm (~= to about 15 or 20 clicks) to the left.

that´s exactly how i found out as well. and yes, it´s doing the same to the brakes. not a feature though apparently
Some of slider limits used to be hard coded per vehicle, but at some point got changed to being like the rest (i.e. generated based on vehicle specs). It just so happens that we can now edit some of the vehicle parameters used to generate the slider limits, hence this is noticeable. I'd classify this as a bug, as it should be using the non-restricted values for the slider limit generation.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG