The online racing simulator
Plane crash New York/Manhattan
(60 posts, started )
A plane crash just happened in New york 40 minutes ago,apparantly hit a flock off geese and pilot lost control and crash landed into a river,no fatalitys yet as rescue team locating servivers.
Bit over-dramatic, it looks like the pilot has done an impressive job to park the plane in something wet and splashy rather than someone's living room.
Yep just a bit off News tought I would inform ye
#5 - J@tko
I take your BBC Linkage and raise you Guardian Linkage

From the News 24 footage it looks like they've managed to get most people out, more shaken up and confused than anything.
There was me thinking airbus engines were meant to survive bird strikes. Good job it was only an A320 and not an A380
#8 - kirmy
the pilot needs a round of applaus at least, how common is it that planes hit flocks of birds and crash as a result though :S.

Could have been much worse, thankfully it wasnt
Luckily the situation was not as bad as it had to potential too be,imagine if it dropped in the city !!
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :A plane crash just happened in New york 40 minutes ago,apparantly hit a flock off geese and pilot lost control and crash landed into a river,no fatalitys yet as rescue team locating servivers.

lost the engines... that's it
due too bird strike.....
Glad everyone alright.
Very thankfull to hear everybody is ok, especially as my parents are flying tonight, take off was at 9pm (uk) needless to say i heard the words plane crash on the news just now and shat myself. They were travelling UK to portugal so nowhere near it but as they are in the air right now i only heard the words plane crash.

So, geese caused this??

You would think that they would be able to fit some kind of mesh, yeah, square mesh with say 4 or even 6 inch holes in it to keep things like birds out of the jets wouldn't you.
Quote from danthebangerboy :
You would think that they would be able to fit some kind of mesh, yeah, square mesh with say 4 or even 6 inch holes in it to keep things like birds out of the jets wouldn't you.

Always

always tought the same but maybe affect trust...
#16 - 5haz
It would probrably ballse up the air flow into the compressor of the engine, causing all kinds of side effects I'm afraid.
I see,probaly affects propulsion.
Lool... fair enough.

Everyone in the video on the BBC site looks really scared. I'd have been like "WOW AWESOME A PLANE CRASH".

Maybe it's just my sadistic nature.
Once again....proves my logic.

Birds are the cause of all of life's problems.
A guy was like clapping his hands and saying hi to the tv camera, seemed he was excited
too early?

Apparently the 'Please call if you think you may have family members on board' hotline is getting a lot of prank calls. A lot of people are anxious to ascertain as to whether the plane did a barrel roll. Must be some sort of group or something? They sound like hackers on steroids...
Oh god. Don't mention barrel-roll.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :too early?

we know nobody was killed then fine IMO. If there had been fatalities then you would have already thought and decided not to post it. Its cool.

Im still thinking about the cause, bloody wildlife!

If a mesh of similar specifications i mentioned earlier were to be used for protection to the engines, then i can't see how it could really cause much of a problem with regard to airflow AFAIK.

Imagaine, a mesh made of 1/2 inch (12.5mm) metal rods, with 6 inch (150mm) square holes, then the overall restriction of airflow by area would only be roughly 12% which isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

My maths isn't that brilliant, so this is only a rough calculation.

(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG