The online racing simulator
Have you got rythm?
(37 posts, started )
interesting ... sort of
would be nice if it were playable with the keyboard (eg space)

oddly enough the less i concentrate and the more i read the text around and in the game the better i get
Meh, I don't.
Score: 1249
Beats: 1
Av Miss: 0.01
I used to play the drums and I was pretty sucky on this, but my measure of suck was pretty consistent by pretty much always being 0.04 out. I tried pre-empting to resync into being 0.00 out but the resulted in fail. Conclusion: I'm perpectly fine i'm just off on my own somewhere... Oh the parallels.

Drummers.
You get a bonus score if you hit 0.000 exactly, which I think might explain the odd scoring some people have seen. I might just take the score off though if it's unreliable

I'll definitely add keyboard support to it. It's simple enough.
90.928 is my best score so far.

no beats 89. av miss .03

PS, go Gezmoor!
#31 - halo
Score: 94,886
Beats: 71
Av Miss: 0.02
Attached images
dr.jpg
At first it appeared impossible for me. I kept failing after about 15-20 beats with a single too fast beat (~-0.08). Then all of a sudden I guess I was able to calm down, but eventually failed because being too slow:

Score: 226,675
Beats: 162
Avg miss: 0.03

Great game!
#33 - STF
^ +1.
tried to concentrate, eyes closed.. 3rd try today.. got distracted. will try later.. maybe.. meh.
i don`t know if the score, reported to the number of beats is any good but :
edit:
pic removed, score - 43136, 49 beats, avg miss - 0.02.
hm all my fails were in the 0.8 range too and i doubt that i was off by that much
does it count if you click before the beat?
Quote from Shotglass :hm all my fails were in the 0.8 range too and i doubt that i was off by that much
does it count if you click before the beat?

Yes, the time you get is how far from zero you are, so if you get 08xx you're more than 0.1s too early. I've got an idea of how to make that a bit clearer, it seems to be a common issue.

Thanks again for all the feedback, it's really useful.
avg miss 0.2
I've updated this match the beat game after the feedback and tried to make it a bit more interesting.

The main additions are:

- you can use the space bar or mouse button
- you're now shown whether you are behind or ahead of the beat
- the strange scoring has been fixed (the scores are also lower now)
- the proximity you must be to the beat is now shown and reduces as the game goes on, so the game gets harder the longer you play. This means the game is no longer endless

http://www.durbster.co.uk/content/games/keepbeat.html

Cheers

Have you got rythm?
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG