The online racing simulator
What is this van? [1953 Chevrolet 3100 Panel]
Maybe somebody here could help me here. I need to know what this van is. From the styling I guess it's early 1950s, presumably American, and the text on the side and back reads "MT-2 Rook".

I'd like to know the manufacturer and model. I've checked every US van and truck manufacturer on wikipedia and can't match the logo at the front.

The closest looking vehicle I can find is a first generation Ford F-series pickup truck, but that's clearly not it.

If anyone could shed some light on this vehicle, would be appreciated.
Could it be from an Eastern block manufacturer?.

Just curious, why'd ya need to know?
#3 - Bean0
This is a Chevrolet 'Panel Van'

Closest I can find.
All I could find was Chevrolet panel van as above. Probably just badly pimped out, the bits on the side doesn't really seem to match the rest of the car.

Could also be a GMC, but I couldn't find if they made a van, could find pickup models, but not a van version.
Aha, cheers, that must be it. Thinking about it now, it's quite likely the image I've posted has been photoshopped.

Basically, this is one of the many vehicles going into one of the games I'm working on (Ride to Hell to be specific, latest video trailers/interviews: 1 2), all the vehicles start with a reference image that is photoshopped to avoid any legal issues, then this is used as the reference to create 3D model from. This is probably an 'after' image, rather than a 'before', hence the differences.

So now I know what vehicle to research to get all the numbers I need to 'simulate' it.
Ahhh, so some sort of GTA-a-like then
Cool idea for a game, I always like playing in the old days, too bad the driving model looks so awful.
The bikes have a bespoke handling system designed to meet the gameplay requirements of the game. Very arcady handling, there's little left of the sim engine underneath. The cars use the standard (ever evolving) engine, as last seen in Ferrari Challenge.
GTA:IV has acrade handling, but it looks good and is awesomely fun. I know the comparison might not be that fair, but to be honest, that's the game every sandboxer is put against because it has set the bar onto a new level.
I don't think a sandbox game has to be on a par with GTAIV to be any good, SR2, by comparison to GTAIV, has VERY poor physics, but it's a pretty good game, and a blast to play.
Quote from danowat :I don't think a sandbox game has to be on a par with GTAIV to be any good, SR2, by comparison to GTAIV, has VERY poor physics, but it's a pretty good game, and a blast to play.

Funny, because i remember how you said you just couldn't get into SR2... not your taste etc. While i had lots of fun. Now we exchanged positions it seems... because you are having a blast, and i can't seem to find anymore what i liked about it so much.
that game looks bloody good actually, reminds me more of the old gta games than the new ones

edit:by old i mean like the older of the 3d ones, gta 3 mainly, but tbh better, its defiantly one ill be watching for
Quote from jibber :Funny, because i remember how you said you just couldn't get into SR2... not your taste etc. While i had lots of fun. Now we exchanged positions it seems... because you are having a blast, and i can't seem to find anymore what i liked about it so much.

I know, my problem was, that I first played it straight after playing GTAIV and thought, what the hell is this shite .

I then didn't play it for weeks, played it again and thought, hey, this ain't that bad, and then my mindset "clicked" with it .

If you look at my top 10 games on my xbox blog you will notice it's number 1 LOL
Quote from danowat :I don't think a sandbox game has to be on a par with GTAIV to be any good, SR2, by comparison to GTAIV, has VERY poor physics, but it's a pretty good game, and a blast to play.

I was thinking just the driving model and how much fun it is, well, apart how some of the engines just rev, rev and rev and then change gear. It's just fun to drive around and explore, it's not that open in what you can do like San Andreas was, and I don't want to go bowling with you cousin!!!

So, overcoming some of the flaws GTA:IV isn's actually that hard, as it has some.
Quote from danowat :I know, my problem was, that I first played it straight after playing GTAIV and thought, what the hell is this shite .

I then didn't play it for weeks, played it again and thought, hey, this ain't that bad, and then my mindset "clicked" with it .

If you look at my top 10 games on my xbox blog you will notice it's number 1 LOL

This was exactly the problem for me. I have played GTAIV again... and right after that, went back to SR2. Really bad idea...

I'll have to let some time pass aswell i think, and then go back to it again.

What is this van? [1953 Chevrolet 3100 Panel]
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG