The online racing simulator
XRT vs FZ5 in a drift comparison
(34 posts, started )
#1 - k31s0
XRT vs FZ5 in a drift comparison
(Hi happy new year 1st of all). My name is kelso and I posted XRT vs FZ5 to find out why majority of people use XRT and a handfull of people use FZ5 when it comes to drifting. For 1.I dont know how you guys drift the XRT because I find the FZ5 to have more stability going sideways and keeping sideways. The only prob i have with it is the tires they burn out to quick lol but what I dont understand is i can drift the FZ5 like a pro but doing donuts with my set is a challenge but i'm learning it and getting better at donuts and circling around objects . With the XRT its opposite i can donut and circle objects out of this world but when it comes to drifting I just dont feel the excitement. Not saying the XRT is a bad car jus making a point.
I think it's because the XRT looks more like a "drift car" (Mitsubishi Starion) and has an FR layout, while the FZ5 is RR (or MR, not that sure about it without checking)
#3 - J@tko
Quote from coleusrattus :i think it's because the xrt looks more like a "drift car" (mitsubishi starion) and has an fr layout, while the fz5 is rr (or mr, not that sure about it without checking)

rr
xrt all the way
The FZ5 has too much POWRRRR and kills its tyres quite quickly
F08 noobs
#7 - k31s0
lol i dont find the FZ5 to have too much power. it has not enough for me but yeh i'll agree that tires have no chance.
Quote from Luke.S :The FZ5 has too much POWRRRR and kills its tyres quite quickly

It doesn't have too much power, the LFS tires simply melt way too fast.
FZ5 powah! I love drifting with "red" tyres.
RB4 POWA !!!!! it kills them both ! ....... :hidesbehi
there are afew tracks/corners where the FZ5 will drift better just because it has more power to spin the wheels, if the Xrt had the same power good chance you wouldnt see many ppl using the FZ5 because it doesnt handle as good as the Xrt
#13 - .dot
Hmm,

I think, FZ5 doesn't have to much power. It depends on somebody's style. If you like speed drift, it is a perfect car as regards his power. In my opinion FZ5 gives you a little fun.. Xrt is specially for speed drift and majority of people use it to drive I think, because All of us begin a "LFS Carrier" on Demo where XRT is crucial car. People used to drive XRT and when they buy a licence, still drive use XRT. and for that reason I think minority of people use FZ5 (regardless of power).
I personally cant get on with the fz5's handling at all, si o would choose the XRT over the FZ5 any day.

Quote from .dot :Hmm,

I think, FZ5 doesn't have to much power. It depends on somebody's style. If you like speed drift, it is a perfect car as regards his power. In my opinion FZ5 gives you a little fun.. Xrt is specially for speed drift and majority of people use it to drive I think, because All of us begin a "LFS Carrier" on Demo where XRT is crucial car. People used to drive XRT and when they buy a licence, still drive use XRT. and for that reason I think minority of people use FZ5 (regardless of power).

@.dot

Without trying to sound rude or anything, how do you know how the FZ5, or the XRT handle personally?? as neither are available in LFS demo.

Im not suggesting anything bad, im just wondering thats all.
#15 - .dot
Quote from danthebangerboy :I personally cant get on with the fz5's handling at all, si o would choose the XRT over the FZ5 any day.

@.dot

Without trying to sound rude or anything, how do you know how the FZ5, or the XRT handle personally?? as neither are available in LFS demo.

Im not suggesting anything bad, im just wondering thats all.

Both of them are available in LFS OLD DEMO - version X.
I've played on old demo version 0.5x used to XRT.
My friend has got a license and I usually go to his house and play with him, so i know something about FZ5
Quote from .dot :Both of them are available in LFS OLD DEMO - version X.

The FZ5 isn't.
#17 - .dot
Quote from zeugnimod :The FZ5 isn't.

Yes it is, if you buy a licence it isnt' available if you don't have an licence but you can see it
Quote from .dot :Yes it is, if you buy a licence it isnt' available if you don't have an licence but you can see it

But if you buy it, it's no longer demo.
Quote from .dot :My friend has got a license and I usually go to his house and play with him, so i know something about FZ5

What's your friend's nickname? :]

OnT: I personally prefer XRT when drifting. Not quite sure why, but I never really liked the FZ5 when it comes to drifting. It goes sideways way too easy imo, since it's overpowered. It's easier to get closer twins with the XRT also, but I'm sure others would say that about the FZ5 too. It all comes down to how much practise you put down in each car I guess.
FZ5 is like American drift, bigger power, bigger smoke, faster speeds, but clumsy agility, and sloppy transitions.

XRT is like Japanese drift, less power, less smoke, but easier to throw around, sharp transitions, and generally more precise.

people forget that drift is not powersliding, a strong drifting technique will allow u to drift a car with less than 100hp, watch a FZ5 drifter try and drift a XRG. drift is about weight transference and balance, not just putting ur foot down and power-oversteering. an XRT has superior balance and agility, therefore its a superior car for drift. and by drift i mean proper drift, not the americanised shit.
Everyone is forgetting the RAC. Easiest car to get sidewards.......

...then backwards........forwards again.....sidewards......backwards....then sometimes upside down
Quote from .dot : I usually go to his house and play with him,

Must...resist....bad....joke

Anyway, I find the FZ5 a bit big and clumsy to drive, plus i don't find it that consistant handling wise, as the rear tyres do seem to overheat quite quickly as already mentioned, in comparsion to the XRT, so i can do the same corner at the same speeds and the car will do something totally different to the lap before, which isn't ideal.

I will happily throw the XRT around without the fear of it sliding out due to rear tyres being on fire. Plus i am more aware of the car in general when using the XRT, as i am alot more confident when overtaking mid corner, going for gaps that are only just big enough, etc.. without it resulting in unnessecary contact.
#23 - .dot
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Everyone is forgetting the RAC. Easiest car to get sidewards.......

...then backwards........forwards again.....sidewards......backwards....then sometimes upside down

Indeed - basically everywhere apart from the way you want to go

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG