The online racing simulator
Hey CAn i drift with BMW 525i e34 2.5 AT trans ?
im sry but i'm so curious and don't know where to put this post

As I've seen some real drifter here, i wonder if i can do what i asked ?

I play LFS because i want to apply it with reality.

Unfortunately my bmw has auto transmission T T

so can i ?
if you want to drift with that you'll need to do some work for the car
It's selling car T T if i do it and i'll be sold in future

beside i just want to make car oversteer as the first lesson for me
Drifting with automatic transmission? No way.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Drifting with automatic transmission? No way.

If the car has enough power it shouldn't be a problem.
nope,just lock it in a gear and floor it, while countersteering
Quote from asbjoern :nope,just lock it in a gear and floor it, while countersteering

Try not to die also...
#8 - bbman
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Drifting with automatic transmission? No way.

Might be tricky, but why not initiate the drift, put the gears in 2 and hold it?
Quote from bbman :Might be tricky, but why not initiate the drift, put the gears in 2 and hold it?

Well it depends where and how he wanna drift. If he wanna compete in races, automatic is the worst choice. If in the streets, drifting in roundabouts and on wet roads, automatic is enough...
Quote from The Very End :If the car has enough power it shouldn't be a problem.

Kinda, it will want to keep changing gear though on let offs and again when the power is applied.
well u said lock in the gear ?

meant shift to D3 ? or lower ?

and floor it ?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Well it depends where and how he wanna drift. If he wanna compete in races, automatic is the worst choice. If in the streets, drifting in roundabouts and on wet roads, automatic is enough...

nonono i'm not gonna drift for serious at all. That'd make me pay for gear damage XD

i just wanna do some donut and little burn as i want to do it
No.
Quote from IlGuercio :Try not to die also...

if he does it in a parking lot?? locks it in 2nd and does large donuts, large enough that he need to countersteer and control the throttle? not that dangerous...
Quote from asbjoern :if he does it in a parking lot?? locks it in 2nd and does large donuts, large enough that he need to countersteer and control the throttle? not that dangerous...

Erm.. I know someone who crashed his car by doing ONLY a burnout
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Kinda, it will want to keep changing gear though on let offs and again when the power is applied.

True :/

Well, let's just say, it's possible yes, recommended NO.
If you have the skill, you can drift anything!
Hahahha! How the hell did he do that?!
You'll struggle to drift it as it doesn't have a limited slip drift, you'll just end up spinning the inside wheel.
My first car was a volvo 340 with a cvt and it drifted reasonably well.

If you do not have a lot of rear grip you don't need power.
I have "drifted" a stock 92 toyota camry with an automatic transmission. Sliding a car just takes momentum and getting the vehichle pointed in a direction thats not straight.
It may not be the best car for it, and it may not be able to hold drifts like some other cars... but in the end I've seen people drift bicycles, tanks, big wheels, ect... Its just moving the car fast enough and playing with balance.

That being said from the sound of your post YOU cannot drift it. Learn to drive WELL before you try to start throwing 3000lbs of metal out of control.
Why do I get the feeling someone is about to crash their parents car?
#23 - Osco
please record and upload this upcoming epic fail to youtube
kthnks
Quote from Osco :please record and upload this upcoming epic fail to youtube
kthnks

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG