The online racing simulator
Other H Shifter
(9 posts, started )
#1 - G!NhO
Other H Shifter
Hi,

I have a G25, but i dont really like the shifter.
So when/if my G25 shifter breaks, what is the best option.

- Buying the Act Labs shifter
- Or is there a better/more normal priced shifter?
- Making my own Shifter with a Joystick, i already got programs for it but i need help on how to make the h pattern thing. How can i make the best H pattern, maybe with Lego?

Ginho
i just made my own but i dunno HOW to make the H-gate with stuff I got around the house.
What about modding it? And if you're not happy about the outcome, you can still buy or build another one.
Quote from G!NhO :Hi,

I have a G25, but i dont really like the shifter.
So when/if my G25 shifter breaks, what is the best option.

- Buying the Act Labs shifter
- Or is there a better/more normal priced shifter?
- Making my own Shifter with a Joystick, i already got programs for it but i need help on how to make the h pattern thing. How can i make the best H pattern, maybe with Lego?

Ginho

I tried a joystick shifter and it didn't really have a 'feel' to it. Kinda like it wasn't real due to the force feedback holding the stick in gear. But, if you make gate it could work.

As for buying a shifter I have used a Act-Labs RS Shifter and a Sim-Gear Lightning SST . I never owned the Act Labs RS Shifter, but I did get to borrow one for a month or so to see if I liked it. IMO the SST is way better. It weighs 3 times as much and built 3 times a sturdy. I actually have a strap attached to mine that then hooks to my chair so my desk chair doesn't swivel when racing. It is a better shifter for the money even though it costs more. Smooth action and very precise once you known how to work through the gears right. It requires you to develop a technique because of the short movements from gate to gate. Once you learn how, It shifts very, very fast. It also doesn't loose its feel. I think this is because nothing on it moves besides the shifter stick. No rattles, spring noises or anything else jikky like that. The Act Labs sounds hollow and feels like it is going to shake apart. If you get the decked out Act Labs with all the plates and the USB adapter (because the electronics aren't in the shifter) it costs around 95 Euro plus shipping. The SST is 133 Euro and shipping is about 30 Euro for each.

Frex makes on too as well as Thomas Super Wheel. But these are horribly over priced.

BTW. The least expensive I've seen is the Act Labs RS.

Hope this helps

Jay
#5 - G!NhO
Quote from jbirdaspec :I tried a joystick shifter and it didn't really have a 'feel' to it. Kinda like it wasn't real due to the force feedback holding the stick in gear. But, if you make gate it could work.

As for buying a shifter I have used a Act-Labs RS Shifter and a Sim-Gear Lightning SST . I never owned the Act Labs RS Shifter, but I did get to borrow one for a month or so to see if I liked it. IMO the SST is way better. It weighs 3 times as much and built 3 times a sturdy. I actually have a strap attached to mine that then hooks to my chair so my desk chair doesn't swivel when racing. It is a better shifter for the money even though it costs more. Smooth action and very precise once you known how to work through the gears right. It requires you to develop a technique because of the short movements from gate to gate. Once you learn how, It shifts very, very fast. It also doesn't loose its feel. I think this is because nothing on it moves besides the shifter stick. No rattles, spring noises or anything else jikky like that. The Act Labs sounds hollow and feels like it is going to shake apart. If you get the decked out Act Labs with all the plates and the USB adapter (because the electronics aren't in the shifter) it costs around 95 Euro plus shipping. The SST is 133 Euro and shipping is about 30 Euro for each.

Frex makes on too as well as Thomas Super Wheel. But these are horribly over priced.

BTW. The least expensive I've seen is the Act Labs RS.

Hope this helps

Jay

Thanks

I dont have a FFB shifter but a normal one, so that will have even less feel.

So the act labs isnt really that good?
So that means the Lightning SST is the best choise, but its a bit expensive. :\
I just saw this video http://www.sim-gear.com/files/24269195.wmv, and it does make some noise

Do they sell it here in Europe too?
#7 - G!NhO
Quote from G!NhO :its 200 euro here in europe

thats a little bit too expansive :\

I would order it direct from sim-gear then.

220.00 USD (includes international shipping) 179 + 40 USD
=
163.806 EUR

That's savings for Ginho
#9 - G!NhO
Quote from jbirdaspec :I would order it direct from sim-gear then.

220.00 USD (includes international shipping) 179 + 40 USD
=
163.806 EUR

That's savings for Ginho

lol, yeah that really is a big difference

i will think about it

Other H Shifter
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG