The online racing simulator
Kyoto 250 Improvement Suggestions
What do you think could be improved for the Kyoto 500?

I would like to hear your comments here

No rants though - just constructive suggestions
  • Strict no chat policy. DT for every line of chat, or +1s per line in qualifying.
  • No arbitrary yellows, and be consistent with the criteria that bring a yellow out.
  • No restarts.
  • Criteria for admitting a driver to the field. There were at least 5-6 people who had NO business being in a race like that today.
yes I agree with the above. maybe also a min lap time which, if not reached, = disqualify?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :
  • Strict no chat policy. DT for every line of chat, or +1s per line in qualifying.
  • No arbitrary yellows, and be consistent with the criteria that bring a yellow out.
  • No restarts.
  • Criteria for admitting a driver to the field. There were at least 5-6 people who had NO business being in a race like that today.
  • We will enforce that much more strictly for the KY500
  • Dekojester has realised that he shouldn't have put out those yellows and now feels it was a bad move
  • Those restarts were neccessary really because so many people had crashed
  • For the KY500, I propose a mimimum amount of online laps and a compulsory practice evening so that Rolling starts are practiced with a full grid
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :yes I agree with the above. maybe also a min lap time which, if not reached, = disqualify?

A fast lap doesn't neccessarily mean they will race cleanly
first of all we should gurantee that everyone is able to race cars on ovals. That means we need obligatory test races. Also an amount of laps done with that combo could improve the whole thing.

The best way to get a professional event would be teaming up with LFSCAR or with someone else who has got experiance with oval racing.

A big problem was the lag...
I know that we always had lag starts in UFOC, respectively UFRC, so this must be added to have a lag free race.

Now something we really need: An insim for showing us the cautions and when pit's open or not! Several times I didn't got away from the restart, because the "greenflag" wasn't shown (because of yellow or blue flags by lfs)

Something which got on my nerves was the chatting by the admins. Sry I know there is this function to not-show the chat, but without it, I would have done some things differently. Also I find it a bit weird to give someone with an disconect the chance to race again. A disconnect can happen but the racer's the one who has to take care of having internet all the time. Also this artificial Caution *grrr* it was *piep* because it just ruined the race of the leading pack. I mean cautions are always unfair but if they are nessecery it's okey, but artificial cautions for a better finishing photo -peeeeeeeeeeep-

Last but not least: I'd love it if we had to connect to TS sothat the admins also could just say in on air, and not using this chat.

to sum it up:

We need for the Kyoto 500:
  • madentory Test Races + minimum amount of laps on this very combo/league experience someone can show
  • forced Teamspeek usage
  • more experience in the organisating team (by teaming up with someone)
  • lag starts before the race
  • Insim-application for showing everyone what's up
  • some changes about the behaviour of the admins on the server
  • no artificial cautions
maybe to protect you:

what I liked was this huge field racing. It's fun when everyone's sticking in the rules. The qualifing format worked really well. It was a good way to sort out. Maybe we could do it more like the Indy-style, with bumping day and so on.

*peww*
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There were at least 5-6 people who had NO business being in a race like that today.

Someone told me u were refering to me when u wrote this. Were you refering to me DWB?
Jep agree with DWB, DT or SG. Also, get some 'more' experienced racers, who has more league experience and knows what to do on track, not like come there, and drive all around the place, there were just random people, just like a race on random server you choose, but just has alot racers. These were just my opinions or something.
Quote from lizardfolk :Someone told me u were refering to me when u wrote this. Were you refering to me DWB?

Don't get to personal about it, but if he was I see why. At one point in the race (last 30 laps I think) you were coming out of the pits on the bottom and then somehow spun. Now while you were spinning you locked the brakes, by doing this you slid on track in front of lead cars, and you took out one of them. That was just one of the things I personally saw from you.
Quote from lizardfolk :Someone told me u were refering to me when u wrote this. Were you refering to me DWB?

Since you asked, yes.

There were worse than you, but your driving was pretty poor out there. Massive crash in qualifying, in the wall or spinning every time I saw you during the race.

Shows a lack of preparation, at the very least.

edit: though I didn't mention you to anyone, so I don't know who the "someone" is who tipped you off. :P
Big improovement suggestion:

Use a different server, one thats etleast half decent so you dont get launched 200 feet when rubbing another car, and for the noobs who are sitting on track to be spectated.

And if them two cant be done then you might aswell not bother with the event because the 250 was quite frankly a shambles where lag and brainless drivers.
I agree with pretty much everything already stated. Heres the big ones for me:
  • When people continue to talk after constant request to stop they need to be disconnected, later followed by bans.
  • Server connection was poor and although there weren't any racing incidents caused by lag, the pace car was hitting the cones on the bottom of T1 and T3 every lap.
  • The rules simply did not outline all the information needed to run the event. Nothing about a competition caution, nothing about swerving, and nothing about not being able to heat the tires in qualify...
  • There needs to be some kind of race result. It could be a work of art or a screenshot of LFS post race, there just needs to be some kind of confirmation of the drivers finishing position. Maybe I over looked it?
  • I also wouldn't mind seeing stats of this race. That is a little more time consuming but a well appreciated touch... What can I say I'm a stats junkie.
Remember you are the boss, run the server like you would manage a business, with authority. You still did a decent job and I want to thank you for hosting the event. It was great fun, I hope next round is as much fun!
Quote from BigTime :I agree with pretty much everything already stated. Heres the big ones for me:
  • When people continue to talk after constant request to stop they need to be disconnected, later followed by bans.
  • Server connection was poor and although there weren't any racing incidents caused by lag, the pace car was hitting the cones on the bottom of T1 and T3 every lap.
  • The rules simply did not outline all the information needed to run the event. Nothing about a competition caution, nothing about swerving, and nothing about not being able to heat the tires in qualify...
  • There needs to be some kind of race result. It could be a work of art or a screenshot of LFS post race, there just needs to be some kind of confirmation of the drivers finishing position. Maybe I over looked it?
  • I also wouldn't mind seeing stats of this race. That is a little more time consuming but a well appreciated touch... What can I say I'm a stats junkie.
Remember you are the boss, run the server like you would manage a business, with authority. You still did a decent job and I want to thank you for hosting the event. It was great fun, I hope next round is as much fun!

@4th Bullet point - If you look in the 'Kyoto 250 Penalties and Results' thread you will see that the results are coming soon. Once we have sorted out penalties, DNFs etc, then we will be able to post the final results.

@5th Bullet point - What sort of stats were you thinking of?

Quote from BigTime :You still did a decent job and I want to thank you for hosting the event. It was great fun, I hope next round is as much fun!

Noo, thank YOU for participating and racing cleanly.

The KY500 will not be as much fun.... It will be more fun!! We knew it wasn't going to go perfectly. As with most things, you can't always get it right the first time. We have learned where we went wrong and now know what we need to do to make it better next time
I want a better race control that is more strict with cautions.
Well, since the devs have learned more about handling an oval race. May I suggest you do another stock car 250?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :yes I agree with the above. maybe also a min lap time which, if not reached, = disqualify?

There was discussion about this and it was suggested. We will be putting this in some kind of form.

Quote from TFalke55 :
  • madentory Test Races + minimum amount of laps on this very combo/league experience someone can show
  • forced Teamspeek usage
  • more experience in the organisating team (by teaming up with someone)
  • lag starts before the race
  • Insim-application for showing everyone what's up
  • some changes about the behaviour of the admins on the server
  • no artificial cautions
  • See above
  • Probably +1
  • Nice idea - we'll see what happens before the 500
  • Wasn't there one? - plonkers.
  • /me likes
  • Tell me more please
  • Um, what's one of them? - a competition caution? We agreed not to have one, I swear.
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Big improovement suggestion:

Use a different server, one thats etleast half decent so you dont get launched 200 feet when rubbing another car, and for the noobs who are sitting on track to be spectated.

And if them two cant be done then you might aswell not bother with the event because the 250 was quite frankly a shambles where lag and brainless drivers.

We have used the server before, without any issues at all with 25 people on server

I presume its just a one off event, but I'll look into it.

Quote from BigTime :

The rules simply did not outline all the information needed to run the event. Nothing about a competition caution, nothing about swerving, and nothing about not being able to heat the tires in qualify...

Here's my rant. We asked someone to do the rules, (someone who knows NASCAR very well), but they didn't. The rules were a collaberation of of mine and JO53PHS' efforts, and we're road race based, so wouldnt not cover oval specific things. We did ask for improvements to the rules, which we didn't get that many too. And, being short of the FIA, we can't cover literally everything. However, we have a nice long period now until the 500 for things like this to be sorted.
Quote from BigTime :There needs to be some kind of race result. It could be a work of art or a screenshot of LFS post race, there just needs to be some kind of confirmation of the drivers finishing position. Maybe I over looked it?

You mean like the one for the IGTC? nice idea.
Quote from BigTime :I also wouldn't mind seeing stats of this race. That is a little more time consuming but a well appreciated touch... What can I say I'm a stats junkie.

See below
Quote from BigTime :Remember you are the boss, run the server like you would manage a business, with authority. You still did a decent job and I want to thank you for hosting the event. It was great fun, I hope next round is as much fun!

Thank you

Quote from BigTime :You know LFS Stats? It looks like this.

http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... T08R2S1-F-Race_Stats.html
http://www.lfs-lota.net/race_f ... R2S1-F-LapTime_Stats.html

I meant to tell Joe about this before I went. I'd have put it on, but I wasn't there Will have it for 500
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
-
(banshee56) DELETED by J@tko
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko
to help with the lag, i think maybe you should cut the field in half and start the second field a couple hundred meters back. I alos dont think in any way that a 3x3 start will be successfull. Diffucult with no lag already. The no chat rule must be strict and any chat should be between racers and admin for appropriate reason.
Quote from TeamPlayersBlue :to help with the lag, i think maybe you should cut the field in half and start the second field a couple hundred meters back. I alos dont think in any way that a 3x3 start will be successfull. Diffucult with no lag already. The no chat rule must be strict and any chat should be between racers and admin for appropriate reason.

We will have a private message system in place, so if we need to talk to someone, or if a driver needs to speak to an admin, this can be done without disturbing/annoying other drivers
The one that I really think should be in is manditory teamspeak to be able to hear race control. No need to have a mic just be able to listen.
hmm... big big improvement suggestion... at least for the first stream in Kyoto250 history:
[List]
[*]Stream during beginning phase of the channel where all racers are or if getting something like spotters, being able to hear to some selected spotter-racer teams
[*]Deko saying the magic words before the Race "Gentlemen Start Your Engines" before the field starts going round the track
[*]Getting Deko sound like some FOX NASCAR commentator on Green Flag http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... iavx0&feature=related
Gentlemen Start Your Engines

Boogity Boogity Boogity! Let's Go Racing Boys

I could immagine how cool that would listen....

Kyoto 250 Improvement Suggestions
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG