The online racing simulator
Just Wondering about the FO8...
(41 posts, started )
Just Wondering about the FO8...
how come the FO8 aren't that popular ?? are there any physics issues or somethin ? cos i almost never see any server runing it... maybe one now and again but mostly never !

im asking cos i just like the way it rolls , nice sound engine and feels great to drive, just a pitty there's no many servers runing it
Quote from silent_wind :how come the FO8 aren't that popular ?? are there any physics issues or somethin ? cos i almost never see any server runing it... maybe one now and again but mostly never !

im asking cos i just like the way it rolls , nice sound engine and feels great to drive, just a pitty there's no many servers runing it

(FM) Oval Junkies! has it - you might have to check for empty servers to see it. When it's got someone in it, it can tend to fill up quickly.

There's also the Kyoto 500, which is an event run by me and my team using the FO8 on the oval. It's intended to be the LFS version of the Indianapolis 500. The Kyoto 500 runs in the late spring/early summer.

d
It's because it's hard to control. The back end kicks like a mule and it has no TC.

I loved it but I sucked at driving it. The only servers you really saw it on ran FOX as well. And Gentlefoot's server ran them for a while too. But it's definitely not a popular one.

I miss racing online

[Edit:
Oh yes, ovals. Where it doesn't matter how much the back end kicks out because you only accelerate the once ]
Too difficult to drive is my guess. I agree to what you said about the Formula V8, for me it's the best and most rewarding monoposto in LFS.
It is indeed a very nice car to drive, but there are buts:

Good controller is a must (or extreme skill)

Respectful and experienced drivers only can RACE properly with this car, else you end up with a crash party

For these reasons the car seldom attracts pick up racers, but can be found in leagues.
I had 2 good weeks with the car on Dead Men Racing server, BL1R and South city long. This server has random combos, lasting one week peaking with a 1 hour race. It can also be found on CTRA highests single seater servers, if you make (made?) your ways up there...

Good luck!
i love the FO8, unfortunately it's impossible to drive it with mouse, or at least impossible to me
Tis a shame there are'nt more servers with it. I personally find it a very enjoyable car to drive, but it is quite hard to drive, and its hard to keep it straight when launching from a start. Sounds very nice though
Probably my favorite LFS car.

The only problem with it at the moment is the all-pervading problem with the aero in LFS.
#10 - AMB
Too all the people saying it's difficult, are you serious lol, I find it easier than RAC, i'm not bad in it, but I suppose not many others like it as much as others.
It's a terrific car, best in LFS and I've some of my most enjoyable races in it - it is definitely a league car rather than for pickup racing.
Quote from AMB :Too all the people saying it's difficult, are you serious lol, I find it easier than RAC, i'm not bad in it, but I suppose not many others like it as much as others.

Yeah it's easier than RAC. It's quite a nice car actually, just got to be very smooth.
#13 - AMB
A very nice car, one of my favourites.
#14 - Gunn
One of the best cars in LFS, and works well on most track configs.
Apart from SO Sprint.

But it's a giggle.
Most people find it tricky to start in this car (all the noobs crash even before T1), and it's not the fastest car anymore... That's why you hardly see them anymore...
But saying that, Bbman, I don't often see BF1's racing.

I guess it's all very well but the fastest car does get boring after a while.
Quote from AMB :Too all the people saying it's difficult, are you serious lol, I find it easier than RAC, i'm not bad in it, but I suppose not many others like it as much as others.

How often do you see people racing the RAC
Its like the LX6. My guess is too many people view the throttle as an on off switch. When you have the power to spin the tires on almost any turn you need to be a lot more precise and people don't wanna deal with it.
Quote from RedCoupe :How often do you see people racing the RAC
Its like the LX6. My guess is too many people view the throttle as an on off switch. When you have the power to spin the tires on almost any turn you need to be a lot more precise and people don't wanna deal with it.

Now i like the FO8 but not the LX6 really, Apart from the FWD'S the RAC the LX6 is my worst car.
I love the FO8, think it's one of the best cars in the game. Just been hooning one around AS Historic and it's been an absolute blast.
Yes, but you can drive Alex, so powersliding something like that all day long is easy. Many cannot.
i 2 love the fo8, its the first mp race i look for, but i usually have to make do with fox or fbm

wether anyone is interested i can run a server,FO8 ONLY, let me know tracks u may want.

tbh i have hosted one b4, waited , and waited LOL.....

is there any info anywhere on the upload bandwidth requirements for a server , i wanna know how many clients i can handle, upload is 480kb/s?!?!?!!!!!!???

might see you on there!
Quote from bully2100 :i 2 love the fo8, its the first mp race i look for, but i usually have to make do with fox or fbm

wether anyone is interested i can run a server,FO8 ONLY, let me know tracks u may want.

tbh i have hosted one b4, waited , and waited LOL.....

is there any info anywhere on the upload bandwidth requirements for a server , i wanna know how many clients i can handle, upload is 480kb/s?!?!?!!!!!!???

might see you on there!

If you run the server from the game, rather then as a dedicated client I believe it tells you the bandwidth requirements as you change the number of slots... Though you may have to convert bits to bites.
Quote from Gunn :One of the best cars in LFS, and works well on most track configs.

I agree,as soon as i retrieve a bit of spare time im going to learn it good...its a very nice piece of car.Shame very few drivers can tame it good.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG