The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you drive with the tyre temperature up?

Sometimes
Yes
No
I check on BL1's second straight (after some kind of chickane), when i am racing ~10 laps and i want to check do i need to pit.

Srry fr m bd englsh!
I barely ever have the display up, but in some races if my car is taking a lot of punishment I'll give it a quick check, to check on the clutch temperature more than anything
I do have it on always.
Never normally even open them, ever.
Quote from J@tko :I have it binded to a wheel button so I press it every so often to see how red my tyres are.

I used to do that, but then someone suggested I try...

Quote from Woz :race in SHIFT+F mode.

And I went quite considerably faster! So now I try not to give myself habitual distractions.
This may be a stupid question (yes they do exist) but when i get rid of my f9 screen i get a big list of everyone in the race, and can't get rid of that. I don't want to shift-F to get rid of everything, i just want the list gone when there is no f9/f10/f11 etc displayed, without using shift-F.

In other words, the only things i want on my screen are the track map, timing, and position in the upper right corner. Nothing on the bottom. I can't seem to make that happen...

omg nevermind. i'm an idiot.
Quote from The Very End :I usually just checks it every now and then, but I never drive with them displayed.

Same here
I cheack them radomly during a race mostly on long straights
During testing - yes.
During races - yes, both to see the tyre status and what TitanLS said, to get rid of that large connection/racer list.

press N a coupla times
Well my crappy english made me have 2 interpretations of the question:

Option1: Yes, I always have f9 on.

Option2: No, I always try to keep my tyres as cool as possible, even on sprint races. When a race ends my tyres are very often the coolest of the whole pack.

Don't know which one you're looking for though
#37 - Woz
Quote from thisnameistaken :I used to do that, but then someone suggested I try...

And I went quite considerably faster! So now I try not to give myself habitual distractions.

Yep, there is something about shift+f that does that. I think you have to be more aware of everything, no readouts, so you just drive better.

Only thing I keep doing is forgetting which lap I am on in longer races
In longer (endurance) races, I have it on most of the time.
In public server sprint races, I never use it.

Shift + F actually seems like a good idea, I might try that, too.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Always drive with f9 on no matter what I do
It's a habit!

Same here. I like to see how my tires are doing.
I usually keep F9 on when I'm fiddling with sets.

During races I sometimes switch the overlay off but in some situations it can be hard to tell the drivers I'm lapping from the ones who are ahead of me. It'd be nice to have a sort of reduced overlay mode.
It would be really nice to be able specify the position of things on the HUD, so I could push the minimap and lap/position stuff over to my side monitors.
I always have F9 up. I find it useful to see which corners effect certain parts of certain tyres in a certain way.

I like to be certain about things, see.
Quote from Woz :I race in SHIFT+F mode. I prefer to do everythig by feel.

Same thing here. I always race in SHIFT+F mode.
But if I feel like the tyres are too hot, I usually check F9. (99% of the chances I'm wrong and the tyres are still green)

I don't like to play with F9 on, because I can't stop looking at it and it distracts me so much. But I always look on F10 if I crash on a wall too, but then I close it as soon as possible.
Tried the shift+f thing. I'm slower with it, I'm used to my HUD (not that I look at anything really) just to check how far people are behind me..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG