The online racing simulator
New cars & tracks or fix/complete what we already have?
It's great that there's a new car on the horizon, however, there's enough cars and tracks already. While I'd love to see more, I'd much prefer to see the polish put on the stuff we already have.

Specificly that means finishing the damage model most importantly, so it not only looks realistic, but acts it as well. Secondly, an update for the cockpits of the rest of the cars would be nice.

The only exception would be the inclusion of a real-life track that is common to other racing simulators, just for comparison purposes. Possibly working with Bob's Track Builder to ensure LFS quality standards of realism...

http://bobstrackbuilder.net/laser_scanning.aspx
Poll? =D Fix/complete what we already have.
The devs said they have to work on damage and crash model among many other things to lose alpha tag, so it's not like they're not going to get to it. They choose what they do, when they do it, how they do it, and why. See sig.
Quote from MijnWraak :The devs said they have to work on damage and crash model among many other things to lose alpha tag, so it's not like they're not going to get to it. They choose what they do, when they do it, how they do it, and why. See sig.

Quote :I'll do them when I feel like it

Well that would be a pretty uncool attitude when you're charging thousands of people no small fee for an unfinished product! However, I will assume the devs act like professionals and that quote has been taken out of context. If it were my business/product, I'd ask you to change your signature because it doesn't look very good.

If the game was free, arse-kissing the devs would be understandable. As it is, I'll call it as I see it, no offence intended.

My 2c.
all the points are coming very soon. Interiors are almost finished (afaik).
And the damage model is being worked on too. scawen said something about Wings that can fall off. its a little step but it goes forward

About real life tracks: I guess they dont put them in since the physcs are not perfect yet.

PS. that quote comes from the latest testpatch thread where someone was showing rude attitude and the signature is indeed taken out of context
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1011853#post1011853
The original context fits this thread too, tbh
New tracks and I'm happy

When that is said, fix current stuff and get S2 to final, then think about going to S3 IMO.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Well that would be a pretty uncool attitude when you're charging thousands of people no small fee for an unfinished product!

Here's my 2 swedish krones:

Did they make you buy the game?
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
A poll! Make a poll!
I like polls
In my opinion, damage model/damage overall is the highest priority..
And also collision (barriers, although I don't think this is much important)
#10 - senn
no small fee? ur kidding right? i've paid twice what i paid for LFS for games by supposedly "professional" studios that severly bite the big one....
Here is my speculation:

Scawen said back before patch Z that the improved damage model was coming, which was supposed to include things like wings and bumpers falling off. Now with Patch 0.6A we are getting an update which includes the rims rotating with the wheels. I bet that Scawen made this change now because when the updated damage model comes along, wheels will also be able to fall off. He already said that he has worked on alot of other stuff that isn't done and won't be included in this patch, I bet the damage model is one of those things.
Quote from Ikaponthus :Well that would be a pretty uncool attitude when you're charging thousands of people no small fee for an unfinished product!

wtf? you have the demo to see how LFS is, if you don't like it, you don't buy it, when you buy it you know it is an unfinished game, and you are paying for the S2 game, all the patches are free additions
Quote from UncleBenny :Here is my speculation:

Scawen said back before patch Z that the improved damage model was coming, which was supposed to include things like wings and bumpers falling off. Now with Patch 0.6A we are getting an update which includes the rims rotating with the wheels. I bet that Scawen made this change now because when the updated damage model comes along, wheels will also be able to fall off. He already said that he has worked on alot of other stuff that isn't done and won't be included in this patch, I bet the damage model is one of those things.

Don't tease me :love:

Not that I don't want wheels falling off the cars, but I don't remember seeing anything like this in real life
I would appreciate if the tires could actually collide with the car body.. I think it would be amazing..
Quote from Velociround :Not that I don't want wheels falling off the cars, but I don't remember seeing anything like this in real life
I would appreciate if the tires could actually collide with the car body.. I think it would be amazing..

Open wheel cars lose wheels from collisions all the time. I'm not saying they just pop off, even though that could happen too.
Quote from UncleBenny :Open wheel cars lose wheels from collisions all the time. I'm not saying they just pop off, even though that could happen too.

Hm yes, I agree. Makes sense now, this is something I'd love to see implemented.
I was mainly thinking on the XRT and road cars when I posted my last message that's why it didn't work very well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg5NPJ0_iEk
-
(Velociround) DELETED by Velociround
Just polish up on what we have now, and i think someone else said finish S2 first then go and do S3 when every they feel like it. There doing a good enough job as it is and things can only get better
I vote to finish what we have and then add new stuff. But i won't protest to new stuff and finishing stuff.

Probably sounds the most logical explanation.

However I'm not holding my breath.
Quote from [plidex] mateo :wtf? you have the demo to see how LFS is, if you don't like it, you don't buy it, when you buy it you know it is an unfinished game, and you are paying for the S2 game, all the patches are free additions

I guess this reply goes for FYI Tim_J_23 as well:

Just to be clear, of course I know it's a work in progress, and I knew that when I bought it. Personally I'm happy with the product. No complaints here. I think the devs do an acceptable job and I don't regret the purchase.

What I am saying is that when one purchases a product, be it LFS or anything else you care to imagine, they don't expect the company who produces that product to have the attitude of "yeah well, I'll fix stuff up when I can be bothered", which is what MijnWraak's signature implies, probably unfairly. Like I said earlier, I'm assuming that's taken out of context, so really it's a complete non-issue and you should just relax a little bit.

Besides, I'm sure the developers of the game don't need you to leap to their defence at the slightest critisism.
Quote from Ikaponthus :I guess this reply goes for FYI Tim_J_23 as well:

Just to be clear, of course I know it's a work in progress, and I knew that when I bought it. Personally I'm happy with the product. No complaints here. I think the devs do an acceptable job and I don't regret the purchase.

What I am saying is that when one purchases a product, be it LFS or anything else you care to imagine, they don't expect the company who produces that product to have the attitude of "yeah well, I'll fix stuff up when I can be bothered", which is what MijnWraak's signature implies, probably unfairly. Like I said earlier, I'm assuming that's taken out of context, so really it's a complete non-issue and you should just relax a little bit.

Besides, I'm sure the developers of the game don't need you to leap to their defence at the slightest critisism.

:doh:

There's a arrow on the left of Scawen's name on his signature. Try clicking on it, it's very interesting, it leads you to the original post
tonyonparas sounded like he was giving Scawen a order... that's why he got this answer. I don't know why you are still talking about this though.

Quote from Scawen :
Quote from tonyonparas :Now fix the issues with the cars

No, I'll do them when I feel like it.

I was "still talking about it" to clear up any misunderstanding, and I stand by what I said.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG