The online racing simulator
TCP Socket: Bind Failed
(12 posts, started )
I've never run into this issue while making an attempt to run a server, i haven't tried a dedicated yet, that is my last resort. To make it more clear im running vista ultimate, and ive set all the ports(but not on the router, for i have never had an issue until now) i cant make local, internet, and or hidden, all of them give me the same message. Not sure if you can help but give er' a shot. I'm also wondering if it isnt a "router issue" but more of an internal problem.

-Sparrow

-Edit* I did all the port forwarding, and still the same Mesage TCP bind: socket failed
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
I made the starting port 63389 and the ending port 63398 so it should work at the default 63392.
You get a bind error if;
1. The port is already in use
2. You're trying to bind to an IP which doesn't exist on the system
3. You've got software which prevents the port from being bound

The most likely cause is 2; and the answer is;
DON'T SET THE /ip SETTING FOR THE SERVER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.
I set the ip for auto. So i dont know where im running into a problem, and did you not read the part where i mentioned i'm on Windows Vista Ultimate, that may cause the issue im having.
#5 - Davo
Can u paste your config file ansd give us a complete screenshot of your error.
Help Me Please I Am Going Out Of My Mind!!!!
can anyone help me out, after being up till 430 this morning reinstalling my server, i have downloaded dedilink, but i keep kettin errors with it, does any one else reading this use this programe and if so can you help me out.
if i cant reslolve the problenms i can see my pc going out the nearest window.......
thanks
biscuituk240
Here are some pictures, of the config, and error:

Quote from biscuituk240 :can anyone help me out, after being up till 430 this morning reinstalling my server, i have downloaded dedilink

Dedilink doesn't work with patch X due to the new version of InSim.

99_Sparrow; I'll fire up a virtual server running Vista this afternoon and see if I can get the same message. Never had it to date though.
ok thx
#10 - Davo
Try changing the port to something like 27010 or another random number above 25,000.
Quote from 99_Sparrow :Here are some pictures, of the config, and error:

actually delete the "auto" written where you have the ipadress bar, i deleted it and left it empty, now i dont get the TCP bind: socket failed anymore, try it XD, it might work 4 you to
Ur tryn to make server in TCP or UDP?
on UDP i used 127.0.0.1 ip ... Worked nicely

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG