tires go flat when turning
(8 posts, started )
hello - earlier today i borrowed my fathers car and it is currently on winter tires, i went fast over a speedbumb and had to turn like REALLY fast to the right just after getting bacn on the road from the bumb. (i went aLITTLE over the speedlimit - was in a hurry)
no harm done and i went happy on my way, later i discovered the tire (front left) had lost a little air and i thought about an old rally show on telly.
the speaker dude said something about a tire loosing air when turning REALLY hard; the rim would like "pop out" alittle and let out just a tiny bit of air because of the rims momentum outwards and the tires grip on surface.

can this feature come into lfs? it would be really cool.
and if it already is, am i then just too dumb to see it?

hope this makes sence to you all.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
For road driving, this can indeed happen, but only if the tyres are under-inflated to begin with. I can't see why this would be worth modelling in a racing simulator, I don't think there is such an issue with people using very low pressures anyway.
Quote from Bob Smith :For road driving, this can indeed happen, but only if the tyres are under-inflated to begin with. I can't see why this would be worth modelling in a racing simulator, I don't think there is such an issue with people using very low pressures anyway.

Drag racers prolly, but then again they wont be turning so what is the point
This would help with the turds turning full lock on turns.
Might make hitting the curbs a little less alluring too. Though that could be both good and bad.
Quote from Bob Smith :For road driving, this can indeed happen, but only if the tyres are under-inflated to begin with.

arent they always in lfs?
well i was thinking more of the crosstracks more than actual roadtracks

could be those insane "speedbumbs" near pits at kyoto tho
I think it would be a great detail to implement later on.

I've run into this problem as well unexpectedly, but then again I should have taken a bit of a better look when I say the scuff marks on the sidewall after taking a turn a bit too hard...

To be honest, the only reason I think it's a good idea is because we do have such tires in LFS that would have this problem, and there is quite a bit of interest in those types of cars.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG