The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to drive on the new overpasses?

Yes
No
Doesn't differ
Track expansion: Overpass/Bridge integration for Blackwood, Aston, Westhill circuits
It would be great, if we could drive the cars on the Blackwood, Aston, and Westhill's overpasses such like on South City and Fern Bay tracks. I've found this familiar suggestion only for Blackwood case.

Of course, in order to accomplish this request, some additional roads and crossovers must be modelled and coded. But by this way, the monotony of the Blackwood and Westhill tracks should be dissolved.

You can see some panoramic views of the patterns in LFS at present.

Thanks..
Attached images
BLW1.jpg
BLW2.jpg
BLW3.jpg
AS1.jpg
AS2.jpg
WE1.jpg
WE2.jpg
This won't happen because the engine only support 1 track environment being loaded to a time. This is a requirement because LFS is targeting LOW end computers, and memory would be too much of an impact. Is kinda interesting in idea though, how about South City connections too?
Hi BlackBird,

My starting point is South City as you stated. If additional track environment doesn't required, via some adoptations this could be realized, I think. But I'm not a programmer, just a LFS user. And South City.. Any plus updates would be nice..
Not very realistic to run a race on a track that includes its own access roads.
#5 - Gunn
Quote from ADX.14 :But by this way, the monotony of the Blackwood and Westhill tracks should be dissolved.

I don't find either of those tracks monotonous. Blackwood is a great track in its own right and Westhill was designed for the faster cars. I think we can safely speculate that Westhill will be further developed in future anyway.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Not very realistic to run a race on a track that includes its own access roads.

I agree with you Storm Cloud, but partially. Think about the "24 Hours of Le Mans" and Mulsanne. The circuit combined with race track and public road which is closed during a few hours during race. I don't mention the whole race circuit closed to public traffic within the race hours such as Monaco.

Further details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_Hours_of_Le_Mans#The_circuit
Quote from Gunn :I don't find either of those tracks monotonous. Blackwood is a great track in its own right and Westhill was designed for the faster cars. I think we can safely speculate that Westhill will be further developed in future anyway.

Hi Gunn,

Yes both of tracks are very well-shaped circuits. There is no doubt about that. I can explain the monotony in this way: Blackwood is the base track of LFS. The upgrade period from demo license to S1/S2 can takes time a few years. After getting S2 license, we start to discover other tracks and cars. The appetite for Blackwood is decreasing for me, even after driving all cars on it. I don't know the S1/S2 statistics, but the "Least Favorite Track Configuration" poll including Blackwood would be a prominent indicator which supports my opinion.

And Westhill. I do like this track. As you stated it was designed for faster cars, thus it's very smooth. By the way, if Westhill was in demo, the names in these two paragraphs should be replaced.

As a consequence, my intent is increasing and diversifying the track options, if possible.

Thanks and regards..
Quote from blackbird04217 :This won't happen because the engine only support 1 track environment being loaded to a time.

Correct, but the additional roads would be connected in a new layout (BL4?). As some of the other environments have a lot of (not-so-different) configurations, I see no evil in adding a couple of new tarmac courses (BL4 and BL4R) to the Blackwood environment
I thought the flyover on Blackwood was the Motorway!

I'll post a pic in a minute.

EDIT: Posted pics

So anyone fancy a race along a motorway?
Attached images
MotorwayJunction.jpg
FlyoverPaddockEntrance.jpg
CarParkToMotorway.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG