The online racing simulator
Battlefield 2142
(15 posts, started )
Battlefield 2142
Anyone here play Battlefield 2142? I know some play BF2, but I've been playing 2142 recently and thought I'd ask.
I played Rogue Spear online last week, does that count?
#3 - Jakg
I tried - But it's shit.

Titans pwn but everything else about it made it awful.

s
i got both (2 and 2142) both got boring after while... 2142 best part is when titan is about to explode and you have to run for your live out of it
#5 - VoiD
I love Battlefield 2 but I did hate when they made a futuristic version of the game (2142).
I'm really not a fan of futuristic games (except Half-Life 2, although I don't think it is futuristic at all , and Crysis because it isn't boring since half of the game is played with "normal" weapons/vehicles).

I've seen some videos, screenshots and so on from Project Reality but I think it is kind of boring
I used to play PR since the early 0.6 days. Met a great community called Tactics & Teamwork (www.tacteam.org --- Shameless plug, I know )

Haven't played much recently, I cant seem to point out why, but I just dont like it :/

Mostly play Armed Assault now, its awesome with the A.C.E mod beta thats just been released !
Quote from Equinox :I used to play PR since the early 0.6 days. Met a great community called Tactics & Teamwork (www.tacteam.org --- Shameless plug, I know )

Haven't played much recently, I cant seem to point out why, but I just dont like it :/

Mostly play Armed Assault now, its awesome with the A.C.E mod beta thats just been released !

Oh, I play ArmA too. Does ACE mod enhance the AI or something?
I used to play BF2 a great deal, clocking up around 20 hours/week, most weeks. Then I moved onto BF2142 when it came out and, for a while, was in the top 300 or so - then I got bored of all the futuristic stuff, and went back my safe-house of BF2 with PR

Now I'm mainly an ArmA man... BF2/2142 have nothing on it, to be honest (PR is the only thing that comes close). I'm going to try out the A.C.E. beta when I actually have some time, it's been a long time coming and it boasts an impressive 'vision'.

If anyone who plays ArmA is interested in a mostly-serious squad, who play quite regularly, but don't take themselves too seriously... head on over to (shameless plug) www.hmm-squad.org
Hmm... by the way.. what are your opinions of Operation Flashpoint 2? Looking at the leaked footages... I got a feeling its not going to be as great as ArmA II
I think they're going to shoot for a more 'arcade' style with OFP2, and keep the realism and ultimate detail to ArmA II. I'll be waiting to find out what offers what before purchasing, but I imagine it'll be ArmA II.
Didn't want to create a new thread but had a question about ArmA. How popular is ArmA online? How realistic is the realism in ArmA? To reiterate, is the realism annoying at any point?

I ask because Steam has ArmA at a discount at the moment. Thanks guys.
Battlefield 2 was good, 2142 was horrible. :S

I tried the demo of 2142 when it came out and I just HATED it. I've never been a big fan of those futuristic weapons and robots and lazer stuff anyways.
Here's a tech trailer of VBS2 (Virtual Battlespace 2) the military version of ArmA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJRpegpzO9o

ArmA is basically a civillian version of VBS2, so it doesn't contain all of the features in that video. Comparing ArmA with other mainstream games, its bloody realistic. It does get sort of frustrating, since it is recommended that you know a bit of military tactics. ArmA II is coming out in early 2009 though... so you could just wait and buy that instead. Now.. talking about its multiplayer... It has around 50 to 100 servers in the list from what I remember (been playing single player these days) with a large percentage of the players being ex-military.

Oh, and you MUST patch the game to at least version 1.05 (although the latest is 1.15 BETA). Version 1.00 is almost unplayable due to the insane amount of bugs... but its possible that Steam offers the version 1.08. A.C.E. mod is a must as well

Battlefield 2142
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG