The online racing simulator
LFS GTR Skill League - Starts today
LFS GTR Skill League

Starting today (November 1st 2008), Conedodgers invite all LFS S2 license holders to take part in the 3rd season of the LFS GTR Skill League

Server: [CD] Conedodgers 1 (CD1)
Track: AS3
Cars: GTR (FZR,XRR,FXR)
Laps: 6 Pit: Yes
League Active: 20:00pm to 23:00pm GMT each day

How it works:

Our skill league is a simple arrive and drive system, you are not forced to register but you may find it helpful to register on the www.conedodgers.com forum for discussion, details of events, rules and other information.
Each League will run for two months, then there will be a one month gap before the next league starts. After 12 months an overall champion will be announced.

Any driver breaking of server rules will earn an instant 12 hour ban, effectively stopping them racing that day. Serious or constant rule braking will get a longer ban including lifetime ban for wrecking. We have a number of race marshals that can use admin functions but there will be times when they will not be on the server, so drive fair and clean.

Racers can also vote to kick or ban in the normal manner however we make it clear to all that should we find someone voting for no reason, they will receive a more permanent ban. DO NOT VOTE if you are not sure why you are voting.

In each League a racer completes, they can earn Skill points, but the amount of points they earn is dependant on how many other cars they are racing against and the Skill Level those drivers.

The first race you take part in while the League is active will automatically enter you into the Skill League. Your Skill Level points will start at 0 (Zero) in the lowest division.

Once the race is finished we take your current skill level, and calculate the points you have scored. If your score is higher than your current skill level you go up one Skill level but if your current skill level you go down one level.

IMPORTANT: You cannot go up or down more than one level each race so even if you score 100 points in your first race you will only go up 1 Skill Level. Scoring points in the early stages is very easy but as in real racing it gets much harder the higher you get.

Skill Points:

To calculate the points you have scored at the end of the race the system compares your skill level against with the skill level of the other drivers in the race and calculates the points as follows:

For each Driver beat that is 2 or more skill levels higher than you score: +5
For each Driver beat that is 1 skill level higher than you score: +4
For each Driver you beat that is the same skill levels as you score: +3
For each Driver you beat that is 1 skill level lower than you score: +2
For each Driver you beat that is 2 skill levels lower than you score: +1
For each Driver you beat that is 3 or more skill levels lower than you score: 0
For each Driver who beats you that is 3 or more skill levels higher than you score: 0
For each Driver who beats you that is 2 skill levels higher than you score: -1
For each Driver who beats you that is 1 skill level higher than you score: -2
For each Driver who beats you that is the same skill levels as you score: -3
For each Driver who beats you that is 1 skill level lower than you score: -4
For each Driver who beats you that is 2 or more skill levels lower than you score: -5

Every 3 skill levels there is a new division, once you rise up to a higher division you can no longer go down to a lower division by just racing, even if your points drop. Once you move up to a higher division your points drop to zero so you have to fight your way up that division to go any higher. Only Race control can send a racer to a lower division as a penalty.

Commands:

Using !skltop in the game will give the current leaders
Using !nearskltop will give you 7 up and 7 down from your position.
Using !skldivtop will give the top of your division
Using !sklstats [Username] will give you your stats
Using !sss gives you skill system status
Using !rs will give you the race status

Eg, if an Alien driver comes onto the server and races against 24 other drivers and comes first he would score 24 x 5 points (120) but would only go up one skill level. His number of points would also be averaged using a secret formula.
And if a top driver races against 24 beginners, and came last he would still drop only one skill level, but his average points could go down.

Its important to be aware of the following 3 items:

1) You can only score points by starting the race on the grid
2) You score can only be calculated once the last driver finishes.
3) If you use Shift+P or S before the points are calculated you get a 4 point reduction as a penalty.

At the end of each day the league results will be displayed on www.conedodgers.com.
Best of luck to you all
Last day of this season is 3:00am on 31st Dec 2008

The top 25 racers will be invited to a special race meeting to crown the champion

(I wont be me)

I would like to thank the 975 racers who scored at least 1 point.

Next season start on Feb 1st 2009 for 2 months
Skill league or who has the more laps with a good time league?... IMO it should be a random combo with only 30 mins to practice and then the 25 should race the final event
Well I suppose Messy is right, but just cos they have an extremely high lap count doesnt mean they are the fastest. A random CD driver's stats show (in the FZR) 1:41.890WR-diff +0:02.06026576 laps

EDIT: Just looked @ the skill league table, 13 of 15 racers in the top division are CD drivers, anyway, it doesnt matter if they are quick at their own combo
Quote from pacesetter :Well I suppose Messy is right, but just cos they have an extremely high lap count doesnt mean they are the fastest. A random CD driver's stats show (in the FZR) 1:41.890WR-diff +0:02.06026576 laps

EDIT: Just looked @ the skill league table, 13 of 15 racers in the top division are CD drivers, anyway, it doesnt matter if they are quick at their own combo

Oh how strange that the random member is me, well i am getting older (now 58) and getting slower year on year, i did 1:40's on earlier patches but cant seem to do it anymore.

But still i am happy with my time which is all that matters.

I enjoy LFS and its been the most value for money thing i have ever purchased. I spent over £50000 on a World Rally car for track days a few years ago and spent £1000 every time i used it.

£24 for LFS is fantastic value
Quote from birder :Oh how strange that the random member is me, well i am getting older (now 58) and getting slower year on year, i did 1:40's on earlier patches but cant seem to do it anymore.

But still i am happy with my time which is all that matters.

I enjoy LFS and its been the most value for money thing i have ever purchased. I spent over £50000 on a World Rally car for track days a few years ago and spent £1000 every time i used it.

£24 for LFS is fantastic value

Well i wasnt going to name you just incase you felt 'offended' in anyway, sorry if 'offence was caused'.
Back on topic.. went on [CD] 1 today and noticed it said the skill league was finished.

Just thought I'd like to point out how bloody annoying that InSim scroll bar at the bottom of the screen was telling me over and over again that it had indeed finished and when it was starting again. If it was smaller, only scrolled a couple of times and was a bit more inconspicuous it would have been fine, but it was quite big, impossible to get rid of and was in bright green writing, which meant it was very distracting and blocked my view of tyre temps.
1) AMB: if our server sucks, our league sucks, our admins suck and our drivers suck then surely you won't care about the ban.
+

2) You coming on here and posting all your whiney crap: good enough for a ban if you ask me - good riddance. You forget our servers are private servers without password. There is no god goven right to race on our servers. Just the fact that "I don't like you" is enough for a ban. "E-penis" and "4cm hard" makes me not like you.

3) Saying all our drivers are crap or can only do well on one circuit is pure ignorance with several world record holders, Mysho alone has racked up 14 (!!!) by now and we've always done well in all events we participate in. Do your research before you write such stupidities

4) It's the CD1 AS3 Skill League - meaning it will be run on CD1 AS3 - duh.

5) We have had 2 other skill leagues with changing tracks, didn't see you there though. Thank god. But maybe at least you hadn't posted ignorantly the above.

6) Minimaxman: the scrollbar had a bug, it wasn't intentional. We fixed it as soon as we could.

We have invested countless amount of time, effort and money into custom scripting our servers and maintaining them. Anything you don't like or makes you so angry that you have to go posting on how "bloddy annoyed" you are - please go to another server. I also raced with the bar, I also found it distracting, I still won every race - and didn't have to weep about it. Can't have been that bad.

Whine whine whine, I'm not happy I'm not happy - thousands of drivers are. Never get into as a little as an argument. Race and enjoiy racing. The rest of you: good bye.

Only idiots need to be "treated fairly" - everyone else never actually needs to be treated at all. Ever thought about that?

As another racer from another friendly server put it:

Zero tolerance = 99% happy drivers + 1% whiners = Small price to pay.

aceracer
Ok, so you knew it had a bug, which I'm guessing was causing the problems I was annoyed with, yet still slate me for voicing my opinions on why I didn't like it?

I've enjoyed racing on CD servers for ages, so as soon as a new InSim thing appears that is actually obstructing / distracting then you're going to get people unhappy with it. Not many of those people are going to voice their opinion openly, but someone's got to otherwise it'll carry on like that. Fair enough, this time it was changed, but it's the principal.

If you're not even going to let your users say how they feel about a new piece of InSim or something similar without telling them to go somewhere else, then you really need to sort out your attitude.
Quote :then you really need to sort out your attitude.

All you have to do on server is let an admin know - as other did - and the problem got sorted. No need to add to a whine thread on how crap and evil we all are.

In any case, if my attitude was over the top, I apologise. As you saw I was on a roll ...

Constructive criticism is always welcome. I didn't read yours as such, to me it looked just like pouring oil into a flame war.

Sorry if I overreacted.

So Mysho has no respect from anyone eh? Loooooooool Nah he's crap and a cheater, all of LFS knows it. Christ.... just let it go man, you're making a bigger prat out of yoursefl with every post.

aceracer
Quote from Minimaxman :Ok, so you knew it had a bug, which I'm guessing was causing the problems I was annoyed with, yet still slate me for voicing my opinions on why I didn't like it?

I've enjoyed racing on CD servers for ages, so as soon as a new InSim thing appears that is actually obstructing / distracting then you're going to get people unhappy with it. Not many of those people are going to voice their opinion openly, but someone's got to otherwise it'll carry on like that. Fair enough, this time it was changed, but it's the principal.

If you're not even going to let your users say how they feel about a new piece of InSim or something similar without telling them to go somewhere else, then you really need to sort out your attitude.

Over that last few weeks we have made huge changes to our system and we do have a few bugs, however all the bugs only come to light when we have 20 plus on the server

The message bar at the bottom should only appear when you ate spectating, if it appears in the race i am sorry, we have uploaded 2 more versions today

Now i want to make it clear that we dont mind people saying things about our system but please just pm me rather than doing it on the servers

Only I can do anything about it and if i am not there then i have no idea.

I try to visit the servers often but i do have other things as well.

If we have upset you i say sorry but at least we are trying.
"A wise man washes his hands after he pees. A wiser man doesn't pee on his hands."

I wash them before I go pee - you wanna be perfectly hygienic before you touch the junior, it's very delicate, treat it well!!

lol

aceracer
Quote from aceracer :"A wise man washes his hands after he pees. A wiser man doesn't pee on his hands."

I wash them before I go pee - you wanna be perfectly hygienic before you touch the junior, it's very delicate, treat it well!!

lol

aceracer

Excuse him, he's from Spain...............
Quote from pacesetter :Well i wasnt going to name you just incase you felt 'offended' in anyway, sorry if 'offence was caused'.

No offence taken whatsoever, i may be getting slower on track but i am getting richer by the day

Now how can i buy a good lap time
Happy New year to all LFS user's , hope I'm not off topic.
And hopefully my intention excuses me as well.

Your skill league is popular and so is your AS3 server. Population wise this server is always on the tops. So, something must you guys do right.

Honestly, if I were you I´d consider a welcome message like:

"We ban without a single word. Go here: http://www.conedodgers.com/forum/ if you feel being treated wrong."

Don´t demand a sorry but ban right away. I feel all this racer-admin and admin-racer argueing on the server does make it ten times worse then it actually is.

On a sidenote I really don´t hope this mentioned rumour about hundrets using speedhack are true.

Happy New Year, Team CD & all of the LFS comunity.
Quote from R.Kolz :And hopefully my intention excuses me as well.

Your skill league is popular and so is your AS3 server. Population wise this server is always on the tops. So, something must you guys do right.

Honestly, if I were you I´d consider a welcome message like:

"We ban without a single word. Go here: http://www.conedodgers.com/forum/ if you feel being treated wrong."

Don´t demand a sorry but ban right away. I feel all this racer-admin and admin-racer argueing on the server does make it ten times worse then it actually is.

On a sidenote I really don´t hope this mentioned rumour about hundrets using speedhack are true.

Happy New Year, Team CD & all of the LFS comunity.

i thank you, you said all the words that i wouldnt be able to get out

OT: im still banned from ur servers, so nowai that was a 12h ban
Thread of the year!!
Quote :We ban without a single word. Go here: http://www.conedodgers.com/forum/ if you feel being treated wrong.

R.Kolz - that is a warning message. You also know that we try to treat people fairly. You yourself have never has as much as s ingle argument with us and you never will. Because you drive fairly and behave. As I said earlier:

Only idtots need to be treated fairly, all others never need to be treated at all.

You fall into the 2nd category, like 99% of the racers who come to our servers. Nobody has to worry about getting banned if they're not being a d!ck on our servers.

If we do make a mistake, which does happen, then it helps not being a d!ck after you got banned. Dennis, you qualify for that. I think that's why your ban was made permanent. Because the way you speak here doesn't really make me want to see you on our servers ever again.

Seems like you don't want to either, so why not just go away and leave it? Some relationships are just not meant to be

First time I went to CD I got banned. I thought it was completely unfair. Went to CD forums and posted a cordial message. Ban was lifted. Now I'm a team member and server moderator. How easy things can be if you master manners!

aceracer

**EDIT**: I completely misread R.Kolz's message earlier and therefore my post above is way wrong. I never wanted to warn R.Kolz about anything, on the contrary, it should be read sth. like:

"You never have to worry about kicks or bans on our server as you always drive fairly and behave."

R.Kolz has always been a pleasure to race against and always will be.

Just wanted to make sure in case what I wrote gets misread as I obviously didn't read his message right in the first place.
Well, I've picked up racing after about a year of doing not a lot and lately I've been driving CD1 mostly. I've crashed myself, others and been the cause of crashes (also hitting CD members) but also had great close racing and just generally feel at home at the CD server. There hasn't been a single instance that I've seen that they've been unfair. Actually I probably would have kicked myself for stupidity a couple of times if I'd been an admin :P Anyway, I enjoy racing and have been able to improve myself to my first 142 lap yesterday also helped by their FXR AS3 easy setup readily available on their website. I just want to thank you for the fun I'm having
I've tidied most of last nights unnecessary and unwelcome posting away, perhaps the thread can remain on topic now. Private issues with any server owners should be kept that way.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've tidied most of last nights unnecessary and unwelcome posting away, perhaps the thread can remain on topic now. Private issues with any server owners should be kept that way.

Thanks Bob

If people who want to moan did it in private everything can be sorted but we are all aware how an kick or ban can become a life and death issue

Happy new year to you
Quote :Don´t demand a sorry but ban right away. I feel all this racer-admin and admin-racer argueing on the server does make it ten times worse then it actually is.

This does actually make sense. Maybe we're being too preachy. After all someone who doesn't understand it's good manners to apologise after you ruined another racer's race won't understand it any better if you argue with him forever either.

We tried to develop a code of conduct for server admins at CD. On the one hand to protect the server, but on the other also to be fair and not overly harsh.

The rules we developed were: Educate/explain, kick, kick again - ban as last resort if the culprit just doesn't get it.

This way we felt we give people who make honest mistakes a chance. Wreckers are never argued with in any case.

Funny that even with this prolonged procedure you still get whiners - how many chances do you need?

So maybe you're right, it is a lot of back and forth ... we'll definitely discuss it amongst the CD server mods.

Cheers

aceracer

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG