do my FPS seem low?
I'm running...

two 9800gt's in sli
Phenom x4 at 2.3ghz
Asrock 780sliX3 mobo
4gb ram
1.5tb HDD
750w psu.
22" monitor at 1650x1080 (I'm going to be running two pretty soon)

And windows xp 32bit.

I'm running full on graphics on LFS with 8x AA and 16x AF E: I guess I should also mention I'm running patch Z Have not upgraded to Z9 yet.

I just ran a full AI GTR race about 7 of each car. I have about 15fps when the light turns green. and it averages out to about 20 hitting highs of 60 and lows of 8 at a few spots during the lap.

It just seems a bit low to me. It might not be but since this is my first decent computer build I'm not sure what I should expect.

While playing online I get anywhere from 60-170 fps depending on the amount of connections.

Here is a speed test of mt net connection

Thanks for any help, Aj
#2 - garph
LFS is more reliant on the CPU, only uses 1 core (so Dual, Tri and Quad cores mean nothing) and your internet connection has nothing at all to do with your FPS.

Your FPS is probably about right, remember that AI use your CPU so that why it will be lower than online.
Hmm i still think that it seems a bit low...15 fps.....thats way too low actually
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Hmm i still think that it seems a bit low...15 fps.....thats way too low actually

Not for a full AI gtr grid, though. This is why I'm not buying in to this whole dual-tri-quad core fad. I'm stickin with mah trusty single-core! ^-^
Quote from MijnWraak :Not for a full AI gtr grid, though. This is why I'm not buying in to this whole dual-tri-quad core fad. I'm stickin with mah trusty single-core! ^-^

I bought i because I do quite a bit of multitasking and it does help

I should have just built two computers :P

Thanks for the replies everyone,

Aj
Quote from MijnWraak :Not for a full AI gtr grid, though. This is why I'm not buying in to this whole dual-tri-quad core fad. I'm stickin with mah trusty single-core! ^-^

Well, the fact that LFS doesn't "support" multi-cores doesn't mean that it's not better. For example, every C2D is better than P4 but not because of 2 cores, but because every one core in modern CPUs is better than whole P4.

So You're still getting better FPS with more cores than with one.

do my FPS seem low?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG