The online racing simulator
LFS World Setup upload
(7 posts, started )
#1 - axus
LFS World Setup upload
Seing as we already have the online car skins feature, I thought it would be nice if you could upload your setup also when uploading a hotlap - just a checkbox. An option to download it from in-game would also be nice and you could know the time it achieved by the hotlap time of the person. Any thoughts? I know we have inferno for that but it is one hell of a bother missioning there and putting the setup in the right folder and so on...

Just another nicety to make LFS' online play a further step ahead of the rest of the simulations...

EDIT: I was thinking a bit more about LFS World - not much you can fault it on, it just has so much... I mean SMS from in-game, doesn't get much better than that :P, however being able to see a detailed WR with sector times from in-game would also be nice.
Very Good Idea.
Yeah, would be nice. Could have a system whereby repeats (i.e. the same setup) are refused, and perhaps only the fastest dozen or so are kept online, as there's little point having millions of setups available, because even newbies can usually find a decent setup from the top 10 people.]

Edit after Axus's edit: Yes a split time command would be good. Perhaps something along the lines /w wr s1/s2/s3 (returns nothing if that sector doesn't exist). Just a though
There's already 'millions' of setups on LFSW. Each replay contains the setup. All thats needed is a way to flag a replay's setup info as 'not secret'.
Quote from Stregone :There's already 'millions' of setups on LFSW. Each replay contains the setup. All thats needed is a way to flag a replay's setup info as 'not secret'.

Fair point, well made.
#6 - ORION
Should be moved into the websites subforum so victor actually sees it
Nice idea, I like it

btw. Tristan your avatar looks just illepall
A flag for "hot lap" and "race" setup would be nice. Inferno setups are just not suiteable for league racing because they're setup for wr's, try doing a race on them without adjustment and you'll soon find out what a hot tyre wall does to a car...

LFS World Setup upload
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG