The online racing simulator
Quote from ajp71 :Never mind then I was hoping it would treat LAN games separately and allow the same unlocked/licensed version to connect to a LAN game on different PCs like LFS and rF allow.

good fun racing with you last night Alex

Quote from danowat :To me, Nkp will remain, as it always has, a little curio that is nice to have on the HDD

Bit harsh
Quote from danowat :I dare to say this, but I get the same "solid" tyre feelings from GT5p with my G25, as I do from Nkp with my G25........

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying for one minute the tyre physics in LFS are perfect, or even close, but they do a VERY good representation of how an inflated tyre feels.

It seems you are in the minority on this so maybe it's worth playing with the FF settings a bit, as all reports I've read have been good. I was a bit underwhelmed by the new version at first but after tweaking the FF settings I found a great feel. For me it's right up there with iRacing physics-wise.
I would be more than willing to try some decent posted FF settings.
Hi!

@danowat, try this:

under "setup2" tab
FF Friction 0%
FF Damping 0%
FF Gain 1,0

And increase caster to, lets say, 11,0°. Caster is i think on susp2 settings.
Just bought it. Man that fTaget car is awesome. I like the game, even though its still under development.
Quote from lovretta :Hi!

@danowat, try this:

under "setup2" tab
FF Friction 0%
FF Damping 0%
FF Gain 1,0

And increase caster to, lets say, 11,0°. Caster is i think on susp2 settings.

I'd agree with that apart from the fact i prefer lower caster settings. That seems to give you a more 1.02 feel of slightly lightening the feel when you understeer, though not to the extremes is was in the previous version, which was overdone imo.
I just bought it too Does anyone know how to take a backup of the licence?
Is it sufficient to save the driver and licence folders or is it mandatory to activate nK at any installation on the same system?
Quote from durbster : I was a bit underwhelmed by the new version at first but after tweaking the FF settings I found a great feel. For me it's right up there with iRacing physics-wise.

I agree, once you find the right Force feedback settings and spend a few days with one car you really get a great feel for it. I jumped back into the iRacing skippy for a few laps yesterday and i have to say the Formula Ford cars in nKPro just feel and behave a lot more naturally, especially when things start getting a bit sideways.
I find i have to be so much more coordinated on the throttle and brakes than with any other sim. When it all comes together its so satisfying. Puts a huge on my face every time.

It's all a case of tweaking the setups, but when you find some good settings it feels better than any sim I've ever driven.
Quote from Hoshimodo :I just bought it too Does anyone know how to take a backup of the licence?
Is it sufficient to save the driver and licence folders or is it mandatory to activate nK at any installation on the same system?

Just back up your 'Driver' and 'License' folders. You can then just copy them to any new install without needing to reactivate.

I tend to back up my driver folder every 1000km or so so if i have to reinstall i still have a fairly accurate record of my km's driven.
Thanks for the quick reply Moose
Quote from tristancliffe :If the chassis is modelled as infinitely stiff (which it will be) then zero roll stiffness at the front (which is what no belleville stack in the monoshock would give you, ignoring friction in the system which also won't be modelled) is going to do all sorts of odd things. The weight transfer will be 100% on the rear axle (which isn't possible in real life), and so it'll tend to fall over and go out of the boundary conditions in which the modelling equations work.

I suspect, though I haven't bothered to try and prove, that the physics will suddenly become a bit more normal with the faintest whiff of some monoshock stiffness. Remember - the ride springs do not provide any roll stiffness with a monoshock.

I just tested the demo and there is no weirdness with zero roll bar on the FF1600. So you're right, it's because of the monoshock. Since making the bellevilles on a real monoshock infinately soft would indeed be physically impossible I guess nkp is right to display some funkyness in this case. As shot said, it actually shows that we're talking about a real physical model here.

Apart from that I thought the demo was okish. OS feels acceptable now but there are still too many WTF moments like all of a sudden being snapped in the opposite direction of a slide that has already been dealt with (after applying opposite lock, not during).

Also I couldn't get my wheel to behave around the centre, no matter what settings I tried.
You can feel the rear wheels spinning you don't see the difference in speed when you're lighting up the rears
Question, how do you take away/minimize the heavy rumbling on the wheel when going straight? G25 user

I'm gonna buy it!
I turned off the FF but it's weird without FF, and with FF it's like driving in zig zag because of the FF force when doing straight it moves you to the rifght or left

In other things, why my tyres online are with yellow lines, same with the rain light thing on/off, and with the rpms indicator. Yellow squares or lines :-/
Take off or reduce the FF damping and FF friction in the Setup 2 options. That should reduce or take off the crazy wheel movements. Worked for me at least (Thanks Troy :P.)
Quote from danowat :
Nkp's tyres feel like they are made of solid rubber, regardless of pressure, there is very little movement from the tyre itself, there is none of that squirming, or scrabbling for grip you get from LFS.

I have offen be-moaned LFS for feeling to "clinical", but Nkp takes that "clinical" feeling to a whole different level.

Wow, I feel completely the opposite way about it.

For example in one of the 2nd gear corners at Aviano, if I enter it in a messy sort of way the wheel actually chatters as the car grinds into heavy understeer! That is some really nice bit of FF simulation.
Done some more racing in the 1600. It should be great fun close racing but keep finding I'm taking cars out from behind. In these cases I could clearly see that my front wheel was no where near whatever they're meant to hit, they all resulted in race ending damage to at least one of the cars involved. Looking at the replay its clear that I was right. Is this lag/netcode related or is the nk collision box a lot larger than the car?

Particularly concerning is the side by side picture, there's about two feet of gap there and it was a perfectly safe move, we would definitely not have been on a collision path. In the other two (front/rear collision) the speeds were similar and the cars were not on a certain collision path (although far too close for comfort).

I think there's no hope for clean pick up racing if collisions are detected when a driver can see from the cockpit that his wheel is a perfectly safe distance away from an object.

EDIT - should say in the pics this was the closest the two cars got during the replay.
Attached images
nkcontact.jpg
Quick Heads Up
I had the same issue last night ajp. First corner at Newbury I was fully alongside someone, there was a decent gap between us and the next thing I hear the collision noise and my front left suspension is broken.

Enjoying the F2000, although I've had a few weird slides that no matter what I tried to correct it, the only way out of it was to brake hard...

Anyone find theres a massive bump at the last corner on Newbury? Not sure if its setup or what but it sends me bouncing across the track into the wall!
Well, its slowly getting a lot better out there as more people buy licenses and move away from the demo servers.

I had loads of fantastic F2000 races on the SRP servers today, the standard was much better and the server was rock solid. Lag free wheel to wheel racing. Get a good server with no high pingers on it and its simply awesome.

Now i've got the F2000 setup well its a dream to drive (as are all the other cars once you set them up right).

I cant race any other sim now. LFS is dead to me unfortunately,the SS cars feel like arcade racers in comparison, and i have no interest in picking up iRacing again either. The Skippy , despite being a great car, still feels really weird when it starts getting sideways in comparison to the nKPro formula fords, and give me the awesome FTarget over the Mazda any day.

Once we get more organised races, and the leagues start running (in full mode ) i can't see me needing another sim for years.

Im not sure what some of you guys are on about with the wierd slides...everything feels fully natural and controllable to me 4 wheel drifts around monaco in a 1600 is the best fun you can have with your clothes on
-
(RMachucaA) DELETED by RMachucaA
Quote from RMachucaA :Nope, Radical SR8 at sebring is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

If you said Barber i might nearly have agreed
Quote from RMachucaA :Nope, Radical SR8 at sebring is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

We agree way too often
Quote from The Moose :i can't see me needing another sim for years.

Glad to hear that, 1.0.4 won't be out before a couple years anyway

Sorry couldn't resist But seriously, I was somewhat surprised to see so many people getting a new license - was it me, I'd wait to see at least another 2-3 patches before buying kunos' New Deal. 1.0.3 must really be awesome
Quote from NightShift : I was somewhat surprised to see so many people getting a new license - was it me, I'd wait to see at least another 2-3 patches before buying kunos' New Deal. 1.0.3 must really be awesome

I wasn't surprised at all. Most people complained about the poor online performance but loved the driving in the original version. Now the performance issues are solved people are loving it. It IS awesome You wouldn't believe the amount of people that have said they haven't driven another sim since trying it.

Over 1000 new drivers have times registered on netkar rank in the past week. The non demo car servers are getting busier by the day, the standard of racing gets better by the day.

Yes, stuff needs sorting out still and more patches are required, but the driving experience speaks for itself, and thats got people hooked. (those that actually spend more than 5 mins with it before dismissing it because its not what their used to, that is )

Roll on the leagues League racing in nKPro with fullmode on is as close as your going to get to real racing, despite what iRacers tell you I've never seen a car reset to the pits then carry on driving immidiately in the real world, have you?
You praise NKP too highly Moose, it's not THAT good... I own both NKP and LFS and they are both as mediocre as each other.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG