The online racing simulator
iTCC - General Discussion
This thread is intended for general discussion of matters in iTCC.

Keep it clean!

Cheers

Joe Keaveney - iTCC Admin
-
(hugoluis) DELETED by hugoluis
#2 - Gil07
If the signups keep going at such a rate, have you thought about running 2 race servers instead of 1?
Quote from Gil07 :If the signups keep going at such a rate, have you thought about running 2 race servers instead of 1?

I like your thought´s on this matter.
i like 2 servers
Quote from Gil07 :If the signups keep going at such a rate, have you thought about running 2 race servers instead of 1?

I have certainly thought about it, Gil - I can't figure out how this would work though.

What would you suggest? I've thought of having a 2 pool system, where you upload a hotlap, and the quickest 30 go into the top server with the rest in the 2nd pool.

The problem with that is - it needs two sets of admins - and also what are the 2nd pool guys racing for?

But I like your thinking Anyone who know me will know I'm very open and enthusiastic about good ideas
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :I have certainly thought about it, Gil - I can't figure out how this would work though.

Use the lapper?
#7 - Gil07
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :I have certainly thought about it, Gil - I can't figure out how this would work though.

What would you suggest? I've thought of having a 2 pool system, where you upload a hotlap, and the quickest 30 go into the top server with the rest in the 2nd pool.

The problem with that is - it needs two sets of admins - and also what are the 2nd pool guys racing for?

But I like your thinking Anyone who know me will know I'm very open and enthusiastic about good ideas

I would think something like BOTT did... Have qualifying on both servers (maybe sort who qualifies on what server by season standings), then distribute everyone to s1 or s2 by quali time. Then maybe make the points system overlap, so the winner of server 2 would get around the same points as the 5th from the back of server 1, for example? That way you get everyone racing with people their level, and it doesn't hurt THAT much (though still quite a bit) if you mess up quali.

Just a few thoughts
Well I ran a two server event and it went very well. The points system was based on time so it was worth racing in server 2.

From our league...

Qualifying & Points.

On the Saturday before the race, all entered racers go into a live Ventrilo draw at 8pm and they are randomly assigned a server (via live draw) where they will both qualify and race. Qualification takes place in that server for a place on the grid on the same server. No racer needs to switch servers at any point.

All racer's final times are recorded on all servers and their actual overall position decided by their time.

The points system is based on the Nascar system (the 5, 4, 3 spread) which is as follows:

Position Points
1st 185
2nd 170
3rd 165
4th 160
5th 155
6th 150
7th 146
8th 142
9th 138
10th 134
11th 130
12th 127
13th 124
14th 121
15th 118
16th 115
17th 112
18th 109
19th 106
20th 103
21st 100
22nd 97
23rd 94
24th 91
25th 88
26th 85
27th 82
28th 79
29th 76
30th 73
31st 70
32nd 67
33rd 64
34th 61
35th 58
36th 55
37th 52
38th 49
39th 46
40th 43
41st 40
42nd 37
43rd 34

DNF's score behind the last finisher of both servers and how many laps completed against other DNF'ers.

The draw will be exciting and you'll be anxious to know the result of the other races before you can start celebrating...

Even if there's a multi-car pile up or you crash and you're not racing for position on your actual server, you still cannot take it easy, because you're also racing the clock, as you don't know what's happening in the other server.

Live Server Lottery Draw

Join us on Ventrilo at 8pm (UK) to hear the live draw for the server sorting. We will post and email the results following the draw. This draw will decide which server you qualify and race in and most importantly, who you are racing. This Ventrilo server will also be available during the races.

For those that don't know how to join Ventrilo:

Get this: http://www.sanandreasmodernmod.net/VentriloMix.zip, then install.

Open program, choose Ventrilo 2.3. Then join server 85.214.103.242, port 3784. Join channel Sonicrealms and start talking.

BTW, you need sound on your computer and a mic if you want to talk.

I will perform the draw by having a Server 1 & Server 2 group. I will then pick numbers from a lottery type machine based on their confirmed racer number and they will go into the alternative group, all live via Ventrilo.

The draw will also be on IRC.

Edit: You could probably use [SR] Darktimes LFS points to work out all this for you, so should be easy enough - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=31513
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
I'd guess you'd only stream server 1 (the headlining server).

I have to admit, though, I do kind of like the idea of a single server and a lot of hungry drivers trying to make it in through the reserve shootout. The only problem is that I imagine a lot of them would get fed up and quit after a round or two, if they didn't make it in.
I'm mainly suggesting this because I'd like to actually get to race

And I don't like time-based points, since this league is more about close racing, it stop people from battling, since you only lose time with that.
-
Quote from D.Zanetti :Good point, possibly should just stream server one and keep that as the pinnacle server, so that hopefully that should give the incentive for the drivers in server two, to up their game and try qualify for server one.

Exactly, best drivers in s1, more points in s1, stream in s1. There will still be a load of hungry drivers in the "shoot-out", only it will be for getting in server 1 And the ones that don't make it, still get to race, preventing them from dropping out...
i like idea about racing in two servers.Or we can make reserved drivers cup and reserve drivers not promoted to race can race in separate server.
For this, I think having 2 would decrease racing quality, broadcast or not. If you say, "There are only 30 slots open per race." with emphasis on the "only", it would cut out any riffraff who cba to practice, and will reward those who put in effort. 30 people go, the rest go home to practice for the next round or watch. It's a way to reward good performance.

d
I guarantee you attendance will drop off dramatically if half the field doesn't get to race.
-
(Rudy van Buren) DELETED by Rudy van Buren
I like the 2 servers league, and this is my suggestion for who will race where !

Just look for LOTA system here:
http://www.lfs-lota.net/index. ... a=series;sr=drivers;id=35

all signed drivers PB will automatically recorded to the league website if the driver did his laps online in any server runs the targeted track, and if we have lets say 50 signed drivers we can spread them into 2 servers, and during 14 days in between 2 weekends all drivers can record they PB and maybe today I am in server 2, but with some practicing sessions tomorrow I am in server one, and 5 days before the weekend start all drivers and teams will know exactly in which server will compete, then in the race day server one drivers qualify for the pole and the entire grid as will as server 2 drivers, and using the NASCAR point system, and just broadcast the server one races, it also will make a good challengy spirits to be watched by the league fans.

Thanks & good luck for all
I say run the reserve shoot out as planned. League participation tends to drop off through a season so it will not be worth radically reworking points systems.

Could still run 2 servers though. The reserve drivers who fail in the shoot out could run a race meeting and the winner is put straight into the main event of the next round (no shootout for him/her). Once the number of reserves drops this can be discarded.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :
Could still run 2 servers though. The reserve drivers who fail in the shoot out could run a race meeting and the winner is put straight into the main event of the next round (no shootout for him/her)

I like this suggestion, but better lets say first 5 people from second server gets direct position in next round - that's motivation factor for racers on second server you were looking for.
If 2 servers is the go and you are having trouble with enough admins, I suppose you could always put the silver ranked server on a different day/week to the gold level server? Could be a hastle changing the calendar again though...
-
The single server format will stand for this season. The standard of driving for the Warm Up event were extremely high and we are keen to keep it that way. With the final slots being filled by the shootout it ensures the best drivers on the day make the final grid and the driving standards are maintained throughout the season. As Deko rightly says it also provides a reward for good performance and dedication.

In addition we do not want to over do the league. Adding additional servers would only dilute the resources available to the league and therefore deduce everybodies experience. We want to provide the community with a great series that is enhanced by the live broadcast which has already proved very successful. Although we would not rule out a second server for future seasons, it is our opinion at this time that ICON would best serve the LFS community by keeping the format as is.
iTCC Warmup session report
Hi there!

Don´t know if someone of you noticed or is interesting in that:
The warm up session report is (sorry for the delay) finally online:
You can read him here: ITCC Website
Enjoy reading

Best regards
might be a bit late to discuss qualification matters. but i would say qualify by, A-B 1A, 2B, 3A, 4b and 5A and so on.

Un-even numbers (1,3,5,7 etc.) will go to server A
Even numbers (2,4,6,8 etc.) will go to server B
Quote from Dennis93 :might be a bit late to discuss qualification matters. but i would say qualify by, A-B 1A, 2B, 3A, 4b and 5A and so on.

Un-even numbers (1,3,5,7 etc.) will go to server A
Even numbers (2,4,6,8 etc.) will go to server B

To make this absolutely clear: We're using one server this season.

Qualification will be 15 minutes for the entire field.

Nice idea Dennis, but we won't be using two servers this season. We'll keep your idea in mind for next season.
The promo vid is awsome. Very well done and the music was a spot on choice. Many congrates to all involved in it.
Quote from scotty2888 :The promo vid is awsome. Very well done and the music was a spot on choice. Many congrates to all involved in it.

Thanks! I made it!

iTCC - General Discussion
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG