The online racing simulator
AutoCross questions???
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Jedi1
AutoCross questions???
I am wondering if it is possible to introduce the Christmas tree from the drag strip into the starting sequence for autocross? I would like to be able to set up some pro solo style courses on the Autocross arena area. In order to do this I need to be able to use the christmas tree and setup the start for 2 cars.

I would also like to figure out how to remove the 2 second penalty for pointer cones and possibly be able to place the cones inside a chalked box just like real life. If we could get this set up and be able to brush a cone and not have a penalty unless it is knocked down completely or knocked outside of its box along with not having penalties for the pointers we would then have a fairly close aproximation of the SCCA rule set for Solo2 and ProSolo.

I know this last request is nothing more than dream, but here goes.
I own a software company and I would love to add some real life Solo locations to LFS. Is it at all possible to add circuits to the game?

Thanks,

Sean
Neither is possible atm.
#3 - Jedi1
bummer...
It seems like updating the code to follow the real life rule set would be so simple. They have already taken this to the point of being so close to the actuall rule set it's a shame that these little issues really take away from
the overall experience.

Oh well, guess we will just have to do it ourselves then.

If anyone has any suggestions on hwo to make any of the things I rewuested wrok within the LFS environment please let me know.
#4 - Stuff
You need a xmas tree for autox? I know they're nice and all but really? If just for decoration then that's OK but for some real object on the course I don't get it. Just imagine that a green cone is a tree A while ago, Kegetys hacked LFS's memory and replaced an existing object with another object (a plain tree) but that's not really practical as only the one person's game is affected and my guess is the object has no collision detection or it behaves like the old object.

You can do 2+ start positions but you have to use the default location. If you put in the autox start point, it's one at a time with about a 5-10 second gap between people.

For the 2 second penalty, unfortunately that's built in and non-configurable. However my upcoming version of LYTe will include InSim tracking where you'll be able to setup something like that, but it will probably not be released for a few months at least.
Quote from Stuff :You need a xmas tree for autox? I know they're nice and all but really? If just for decoration then that's OK but for some real object on the course I don't get it. Just imagine that a green cone is a tree A while ago, Kegetys hacked LFS's memory and replaced an existing object with another object (a plain tree) but that's not really practical as only the one person's game is affected and my guess is the object has no collision detection or it behaves like the old object.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not () but the starting lights on drag courses are called "christmas trees", AFAIK.
#6 - Stuff
Ahh.. HAHA! I have no idea about official autox definitions.. Maybe I should though with LYTe and all.. Thanks for clearing that up!
Jedi is referring to a Pro Solo style setup for a course. Pro Solo events run 2 cars head to head on mirrored tracks with a drag style start. This is why the "tree" is needed.

For now, I'd be happy with just the line level start as mentioned in the big list in the suggestions forum and a grid area. However, if we get the airport area, that would likely be big enough for a Pro Solo layout.

LFS already has a tree in the code for drag events ... it would just need to be merged with the autocross layout and scoring system for this to work ... and we'd need a venue. It's a sweet idea though!

I also mentioned the scoring aspect in another thread ... only upright cones should count against you. Like Jedi said, it's kind of a shame that the rules are close, but far enough away to be a turn off at times.

AutoCross questions???
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG