The online racing simulator
Is there any way of optimizing LFS for a more stable FPS?
A rather odd question, I know. But I've installed LFS on my Netbook for playing at weekends and on long trips (I use an Xbox 360 controller).

In some places I get a nice stable 20FPS, and then suddenly it'll drop to around 9 or 10. Are there any programs out there I can use to really optimize it? I run Counterstrike Source and AOE3 on here fine, so I don't really know why it isn't running that well.

Thanks
#2 - troy
some random tweaks that may or may not help:

- set lfs.exe to "abovenormal" priority in your task manager
- turn off trees and flags
- turn shadows off or to low res
- set car and helmet skins to compressed
- set full size textures to no
- lower the LOD settings
LFS is heavily CPU dependent. Upgrading to a core 2 or something will give a better FPS increase.
LFS lags a lot when a lot of people are in your vision. Here are some settings that can raise FPS.

-Set full size textures to off- it's a big drop in texture memory
-Turn off flags
-Turn off full wheels
-it might be too much, but turning off ALL REARVIEW MIRRORS is actually pretty helpful in fps, although you'd have to keep looking back to see who's overtaking. Pretty bloody dangerous
Quote from only.one.RydeR :LFS lags a lot when a lot of people are in your vision. Here are some settings that can raise FPS.

-Set full size textures to off- it's a big drop in texture memory
-Turn off flags
-Turn off full wheels
-it might be too much, but turning off ALL REARVIEW MIRRORS is actually pretty helpful in fps, although you'd have to keep looking back to see who's overtaking. Pretty bloody dangerous

Oh dear... bad memories. Driving without mirrors definitelly helps to boost FPS. But it's not the safest idea! Especially when you have to explain to someone later why you managed to knock out the person out of the track while overtakin him...

Another thing I used to do on my laptop was... to turn FORCE ON or whatever it is called especially at start/first turn to avoid lag and unecessary collisions due to it and generally at times when you have tons of cars in your screen ;-)

Thank god got a new pc now. quad core ftw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG