The online racing simulator
Thinking about buying S2 - a few questions
- Hi all, I used to play the demo online where you could drive the XFG Turbo(?) but after installing the latest demo that car is no longer available to drive in the demo. Just wondering if its possible to still play the old demos online?

- I'm thinking about finally buying S2 but someone said I should wait for S3, does anyone know whether S3 will be out soon?

- I'm in Australia and was just wondering how active the Aussies are online? are there many Aussie servers? I'd hate to buy the full game and not have any low ping servers to play on.

cheers
Quote from TheSleeper :- Hi all, I used to play the demo online where you could drive the XFG Turbo(?) but after installing the latest demo that car is no longer available to drive in the demo. Just wondering if its possible to still play the old demos online?

- I'm thinking about finally buying S2 but someone said I should wait for S3, does anyone know whether S3 will be out soon?

- I'm in Australia and was just wondering how active the Aussies are online? are there many Aussie servers? I'd hate to buy the full game and not have any low ping servers to play on.

cheers

just buy S2 now, you'll be buying it anyway later when S3 is out

there are alot of aussies around so dont worry about there not being low ping servers or ppl not being online
Quote from TheSleeper :- Hi all, I used to play the demo online where you could drive the XFG Turbo(?) but after installing the latest demo that car is no longer available to drive in the demo. Just wondering if its possible to still play the old demos online?

cheers

1. it was XR GT Turbo, and it is now in S1 and S2.
2. If you won't have S2, S3 will cost £36, if you WILL have S2 - s3 will cost ~£12 - £15

3. There is enought australian servers

Sorry for my worst english ever
Hello, the car you've driven was XRG Turbo (a.k.a XRT)
Yes. There is few australian servers which are fairly visited by australian people (though for me there was huge lag, which shows that host is from australia :razz If you buy S3, then you have to buy S1,S2 and S3, why buy later when you will pay same amount of money anyway. And No there is no chance playing old demo versions online (master server has moved many times) So i suggest you to go and buy S2.

E: Dang it, Too late
1) Yes, it is possible to go online with the version X(the version just before the release of the FBM). I tried it a few seconds ago, and it still works, even if there is only 3 hosts and nobody online on it. EDIT 2 : Oh, there's something like 30 people on the demo host, I didn't see them !

<----- This is the patch X host where I am now, to prove that it still work.(EDIT)

2) Buy S2, because S3 will come probably in 3-4 years. And as many guys said before, there's no interest to wait for a new version.

XR Turbo. I can't remember if it's possible, maybe. LAN, definitely.

Quote :

S3 won't be out soon (count in years), buy s2, don't settle for an s1 license.

Quote :

cheers

I seem to remember there are a couple of good oceanic serie, not sure about pick-up servers. NARA (http://www.nara.co.nr/) have them, they force cockpit view and wheel though.
1.00 EUR

=

2.06561 AUD

Current exchange rate :-( oh well..

thanks for the replies guys, good to see the forums are very active, I have Christmas money to spend :-)
Definitely buy S2. You won't regret it.

S3 won't be out for a few years yet, and its a very simple process to upgrade to S3 once it's out and cheap too (most likely an extra £12, as that's the same amount to upgrade S1 to S2).
I'm buying it now!

this can be locked, cheers guys :-)

edit- awww only one aussie server atm, and I cant drive turbo
Welcome to S 2 mate!
Quote from TheSleeper :I'm buying it now!

this can be locked, cheers guys :-)

edit- awww only one aussie server atm, and I cant drive turbo

Unless you're using wireless, don't be put off of trying out servers with a ping even in the 400s.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG