The online racing simulator
For some reason im nervous
(36 posts, started )
Im kind of nervous these days and i have no cleu why is there anything that could help me calm donw a bit?
#2 - BAMBO
#3 - lerts
find out why youre nervous and solve it

dont treat the symptom but the cause
Start drinking.
Well, have you done anything recently, which made you uncomfortable or nervous, or do you know of something in the future which you are nervous about, like exams or job interviews.

Maybe you have a crush on a girl, and you are nervous that friends will find out and tell her.

It could be alot of things really, the best thing really is to find out what is causing the nervousness, and try and find a way to sort it out. If all else fails, see a doctor, it could be the start of a nervous breakdown or something.

[edit]
Just read on your profile that you have PDD-NOS. I presume you have to go to a clinic every so often, maybe it would be a good idea to speak to the people there, because it might be a new symptom for your PDD-NOS, if you know what I mean.
Quote from lerts :find out why youre nervous and solve it

dont treat the symptom but the cause

For once, lerts is talking some sense!
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Im kind of nervous these days and i have no cleu why is there anything that could help me calm donw a bit?

That's what you think. But unfortunately I'm not psychic.... Has anything chaged recently? What are you currently doing and is it any different that what you've got use to? Are you're parents divorced (40% of tthe time it's this...)? Do you drink? How about your brother? Do you know how to use an iron or a washing machine? Do you have enough activities in your free time / social life contacts? Were you a bedwetter as a child? If you could be an animal, which animal would you be? Are you on any medication?
Quote from BAMBO :I know!....a lady friend! Problem solved, you can thank me later.

But now taking a more serious note, I suggest a bit of music. Listening a bit to Enya or Le Canon de Pachelbel or other major classics , they always calm me down

Here are two examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB6KuIvFAec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... yj81g&feature=related

Dunno why, but this kinda music, makes me more aggresive/nervous.

Anyway, take a drink, and relax, get a gf, or just drive a lil bit more lfs (maybe cruising can help, if ya take enough space ot the barriers), and you'll get calm again
diazepam
edit: irrelevant.
Quote from Stefani24 :Anyway, take a drink, and relax, get a gf

/facepalm. I hate when people say that. It's like oh, get a drink and a gf. Screw the females feelings, just pretend to love some girl so that you can have a gf. It just seems kind of weird to put in that sentence the way you did. If you don't like someone, then don't go out with them. Don't pretend to like someone just so you can have a girlfriend so that your self esteem is increased, because that's emotinally abusive.

EDIT: I just wanted to say again that I agree with lerts. Don't try to do stuff to cover up your nervousness. Find out what is causing you to be nervous in the first place, so that you can address the specific issue that is making you nervous.
meditate
masterbate
Just:
a) Buy her a home pregnancy test kit
or
b) Go to a walk-in anonymous STD clinic

Solves most problems that way
Quote from wheel4hummer :/facepalm. I hate when people say that. It's like oh, get a drink and a gf. Screw the females feelings, just pretend to love some girl so that you can have a gf. It just seems kind of weird to put in that sentence the way you did. If you don't like someone, then don't go out with them. Don't pretend to like someone just so you can have a girlfriend so that your self esteem is increased, because that's emotinally abusive.

EDIT: I just wanted to say again that I agree with lerts. Don't try to do stuff to cover up your nervousness. Find out what is causing you to be nervous in the first place, so that you can address the specific issue that is making you nervous.

Sry didnt really think when i was writing.
Quote from ME :
Anyway, take a drink, and relax, get a whore, or just drive a lil bit more lfs (maybe cruising can help, if ya take enough space ot the barriers), and you'll get calm again

Better?
If you want a quick fix to calm you down, go for a walk, stay off the computer, go to bed early, don't sleep in late, get a prescription for medication (valium or whatever, maybe even sleeping tablets, don't go touching that "non-prescribed" stuff ) or go on a drinking spree.

If you want to fix the problem for good, or at least on a more permanent level, go see a psychiatrist or even your GP and talk to him.

Don't go rushing into getting a gf to try and solve this, sudden social situations could make you worse
Unless things are really serious, I wouldn't recommend any kind of prescribed medication.

Look at how much coffee you're drinking (if you are) and cut down on that. Too much coffee is a very simple way to increase nervousness/agitation and is easily remedied.

Go swimming, jogging, or try other kinds of rigorous exercise. That might help burn some of that nervous energy away and trigger the release of endorphins (help you feel good).

Some teas have a calming effect.

Reading can help get you out of your 'head' a bit.

And as much as I hate to say it, you could try some meditation/yoga. No cheesy new age music though!
Face something that you're scared of.
As somebody who lives in complete calm or abject terror most of the time and only is only vaguely aware of anything inbetween i'm maybe the worst person ever to ask for solutions to feeling nervous. I'd suggest making a mental note of what doesnt make you feel nervous and spend more time doing that. Because of course, even though i'm the wrong person to ask I do still have an opinion...
Then I guess you got some 'splainin' to do, because death is nothing to be feared, only life is.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Then I guess you got some 'splainin' to do, because death is nothing to be feared, only life is.

If you're scared of life, though, then wouldn't you want to commit suicide? I don't want to die, that's the thing. If I die, then I can no longer complain about my problems to people on an international computer racing simulation forum.

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG