The online racing simulator
Medical Problem
(25 posts, started )
Medical Problem
Hi guys,
Lately i have been using the Heel/Toe Tecnique because I think it gives me better laptimes
But I am not able to do it anymore because I had a Kart crash a while ago and my right leg suffered some injuries. Now my right foot is pointed more to the right and I cannot hit the throttle when downshifting because my foot doesnt go any further.
I am undergoing some medical help with some treatments lately.
I am wondering also if someone also has this problem???
Quote from Vinnylegends :Hi guys,
Lately i have been using the Heel/Toe Tecnique because I think it gives me better laptimes
But I am not able to do it anymore because I had a Kart crash a while ago and my right leg suffered some injuries. Now my right foot is pointed more to the right and I cannot hit the throttle when downshifting because my foot doesnt go any further.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have a joyful Christmas time and a happy new year
Maybe driving LFS could be part of your physical therapy?
#4 - dadge
maybe LFS could be reason why you need for further medical assistance?
Your wondering if anyone else has been in a kart crash and bent their right foot a little and is no longer able to heel and toe comfortably? Good luck with that search i guess. Or you just want to know if anyone struggles to heel and toe due to a medical condition? Either way i don't know the point of this thread, do yuo want to know how to get a temporary fix? Or do you just want to know if anyone else has the same problem?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Your wondering if anyone else has been in a kart crash and bent their right foot a little and is no longer able to heel and toe comfortably? Good luck with that search i guess. Or you just want to know if anyone struggles to heel and toe due to a medical condition? Either way i don't know the point of this thread, do yuo want to know how to get a temporary fix? Or do you just want to know if anyone else has the same problem?

I want to know if someone has the same problem!
A few years ago one of the drivers of, I think a Pontiac ALMS car, had his ankle fused together and subsequently he couldn't blip properly. They rigged it up so he could blip with a button on the shifter...
Have you thought about using risers for your pedals? If you have a G25 take out the screws holding the pedals in, slot in some risers on the pedals and see if it helps. All you'll need is an alan key and if you dont want to spend much just a bunch of 5-10 washers would space the pedal out somewhat.

Ignore the trolls, its what they do best.

Also unlucky with the karting crash, I hope you get better!
You could have expected alot of trolling unfortunatly, its a public forum.

the sugestion up here might be good, aswell as taking your pedal set apart and mounting it to a piece of wood
and setting your gas and brake only a centimeter or less apart

also some pedals allow for custom contract area and you could have a go at custom ones that have a different shape.
set the left paddle as the clutch,(I used to with MOMO) would be easy to throttle blip that way. But you'd have to get used to using left foot braking.
Quote from titanLS :A few years ago one of the drivers of, I think a Pontiac ALMS car, had his ankle fused together and subsequently he couldn't blip properly. They rigged it up so he could blip with a button on the shifter...

The guy's name is Johnson, I think. Former pro football player. The did install a throttle blip button on the shifter for him. He would just hit the button when he wanted a blip.

Is it that you can't roll your ankle anymore? Or can you not twist it?

I am not any good at heal toe. I don't have much of a suggestion. There are extensions for gas pedals that you can get, or possibly moving the pedals closer together will work. It is all about positioning things properly. It could be that you are just stuck until your ankle loosens back up, if it ever does.
I know when most people use heel/toe its with the right foot.....but you could try and press the clutch and brake with the left foot and use an alternative method of heel/toeing.

Either that or adjust the heights of the pedals.
I'm not sure about heel-toe but what about wearing wider shoes? So you can spread your foot out over two pedals. It'll feel weird and might not work, but it might possibly help you.

When i wear big shoes in a real car I tend to hit the brake and clutch at the same time...
I can twist my ancle but only limited.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Hi guys,

Can't help you, but anyway, good luck, I hope that you'll be alright soon.
Well I twisted my ankle a while back but that didn't stop me from playing LFS. I couldn't heel-toe so I used my left foot for braking and my right foot for the gas. I was using sequential so I didn't have to move my ankles around, just blip with the right foot on the gas, have the left foot brake and not worry about a clutch.

If you still want to use a clutch, you should practice using your left foot to blip the clutch while braking. That method seems really unorthodox to me but maybe if you did it enough, you'd get used to it and wouldn't need to use your right foot to blip anymore.

If you can move your right ankle more to the right and reach the throttle, then you can use heel-toe but have your heel on the brake and your toes on the throttle.
While there are already suggestions about adjusting pedals, my idea, although it may not help, is different.

Couldn't you add something to the sides of the pedals so they are really close together, which means your foot will not need to turn as far to reach both pedals at once??
Don't worry mate! I did my ankle whilst racing in Italy last year and within about 3 weeks I went from hardly being able to use throttle - not being able to heel and toe - very clumsy heel and toe - fine heel and toe. It always feels weird for a while but you will find a technique that works for you and soon you will be able to heel and toe again!
If it makes the OP poster feel any better than I've been playing LFS since the beginning already and I am still unsure of what heel and toe is (mostly because I used to drive keyboard and never got into that). So you are way ahead of me even if you can only slightly do it.
#20 - Gunn
*thread has been cleansed of irrelevant posts and spam*
Quote from Gunn :*thread has been cleansed of irrelevant posts and spam*

May i just ask how was my post spam?
Quote from Luke.S :May i just ask how was my post spam?

thats is also spam

and good luck vinny
#23 - Gunn
Quote from Luke.S :May i just ask how was my post spam?

You may ask, but I didn't say your post was spam, so you won't get an answer.
Quote from Gunn :You may ask, but I didn't say your post was spam, so you won't get an answer.

but you deleted it and you said you deleted spam posts.
*thread has been cleansed of irrelevant posts and spam*

Dun, dun, dun...

Medical Problem
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG