The online racing simulator
G25 Shifter problem?
(7 posts, started )
G25 Shifter problem?
Am I supposed to be able to push the shifter knob down in 3rd and 4th gear, as if I were going to shift into reverse? I didn't notice this until after I let my friend use it, maybe I'm paranoid?
#2 - P V L
Same here, only 1/2 its not possible.

So all should be fine
G25 shifter feels so fragile I'd never let my friends use it. The shifter feels like it should only be used by someone who has paid for it - no one else will give it the same respect.
Quote from P V L :Same here, only 1/2 its not possible.

So all should be fine

what do you mean only 1/2 its not possible?
bump
The shifter can be pressed down in gears 3 and 4 when in manual mode, and from neutral to reverse. The reason it can push down in 3rd and 4th is so that it registers as different buttons than 3rd and 4th gear in sequential shift mode (dual-layered buttons, if you will). When you switch to sequential shift mode on the shifter, you push the stick in and turn the knob, locking it into the pushed-in position and only shifting back and forth. When doing that, it registers as 1st and 2nd gear for some odd reason.

No problem whatsoever. It's just a (annoying) feature.
Quote from Turbolence :The shifter can be pressed down in gears 3 and 4 when in manual mode, and from neutral to reverse. The reason it can push down in 3rd and 4th is so that it registers as different buttons than 3rd and 4th gear in sequential shift mode (dual-layered buttons, if you will). When you switch to sequential shift mode on the shifter, you push the stick in and turn the knob, locking it into the pushed-in position and only shifting back and forth. When doing that, it registers as 1st and 2nd gear for some odd reason.

No problem whatsoever. It's just a (annoying) feature.

thanks for the very detailed answer, that just made me extremely happy.

G25 Shifter problem?
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG