The online racing simulator
Shifting without clutch on the G25
Hello everyone.

I was wondering something i noticed today when i got my G25 i have the auto clutch off but when i shift up without using the clutch at all the gear stays at neutral then goes to he upper gear im shifting to i dont know if this happens in the sequential mode is this normal or is something wrong with my setups or is the shifter.. broken?
No, evrything is alright with your shifter.
You shift via rev matching, so, while upshifting, you go down the revs, and it takes the new gear where the revs are supposed to be.
(I hope you understand what I mean)
Can do that iwht donwshifting too, just step the gas a bit then.
Quote from Tonttula :Hello everyone.

I was wondering something i noticed today when i got my G25 i have the auto clutch off but when i shift up without using the clutch at all the gear stays at neutral then goes to he upper gear im shifting to i dont know if this happens in the sequential mode is this normal or is something wrong with my setups or is the shifter.. broken?

LFS simulates the mechanics very well. To pull out of the current gear, the torque must be close to zero so you lift throttle and it goes to neutral. To get into the next gear, the engine rpm must match that gear's rpm so it stays in neutral until engine rpm drops to match.
Ok thanks for your help .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG