The online racing simulator
Does Momo work on Xbox 360 and PS3?
(23 posts, started )
Says it all... I'd like to know if I would be able to play GT5 or Forza 2 with my Momo if I get one of those consoles...
maybe ps3, and xbox no other wheel than the 360 wheel
Should do. I know the G25 works on the PS3 at least, not sure about the Momo, and both on the 360.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Should do. I know the G25 works on the PS3 at least, not sure about the Momo, and both on the 360.

Like Chanoman said, the Xbox only supports some crappy Microsoft wheel. G25 works on ps3, not sure about the Momo.
I mean I'm not sure about both of them on the 360.

:hide:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I mean I'm not sure about both of them on the 360.

Yeah, that's what I thought after reading your post 5 times, but I wasn't sure
Yeah.. not at my clearest this morning. Fell asleep about 5pm and woke up at 10. Couldn't get back to sleep, so I stayed up all night, and now I have to go to work in half an hour. Awesomeee.
#8 - ZORER
Yes you can use Momo on PS3 if the game supports it...

GT5 lets you use your momo but Grid doesn't.
PS3 yes, xbox360 no
No multi-format wheels work on the 360. For some reason yet to be fathomed, MS decided to set it up to only work with wheels designed specifically for it, while the PS3 can use pretty much any USB devices you like.
Quote from Dajmin :For some reason yet to be fathomed, MS decided to set it up to only work with wheels designed specifically for it.

Cheerrrching...

It's all about the money, they want to force people to buy their crappy wheel, and not use a decent one.
Does it work with PS2 too?
Quote from ZORER :Yes you can use Momo on PS3 if the game supports it...

GT5 lets you use your momo but Grid doesn't.

I've also heard that it's working on GT5p but it doesn't "see" some of the buttons, it's good to know, when GT5 full version comes out, i can give it a proper try..
Quote from danowat :Cheerrrching...

It's all about the money, they want to force people to buy their crappy wheel, and not use a decent one.

Well that would make sense if they made it so only the MS-branded wheel worked but you can pick up rival brands as well, which won't exactly fill their pockets.
Maybe they didn't like the association that Logitech has with the Playstation brand or something. But it was definitely a move that screwed over a lot of people - I for one won't buy a new wheel for every console I buy.
Quote from Dajmin :Well that would make sense if they made it so only the MS-branded wheel worked but you can pick up rival brands as well, which won't exactly fill their pockets.

I think you'll find the "rival" brands, still have to pay MS a licensing fee.
I was thinking that could be the reasoning behind that one. It's really annoying, especially when standard 360 pads will work as a standard USB device. They certainly know how to squeeze the wallets
There was a long thread about this on the forza forum quite some time ago. People have been complaining and everybody wanted to know why it is not possible to use a DFP or a G25 with the xbox.

The final verdict, if i remember correct, was that the xbox isn't capable of simulating real force feedback. The MS wheel is basically just a controller with rumble. It uses the exact same "information" from the console that is "sent" to the gamepad, and "simulates" force feedback with it... while it really just is rumble.

That's why a G25 won't work, and never will... not because they wouldn't want you to be able to use your favourite wheel with their console... it's because it's simply not possible. Very dumb, but as far as i know, true.

I've never read a statement like this officially confirmed by MS. So it may be wrong after all, but i think it was somebody from Turn10 who mentioned it.
That can't be true. I've seen wheels with "vibration feedback" which would fit what you described, but you surely can't advertise it as "force feedback" unless it's giving you a reaction relevant to what's on-screen. Maybe it sends the signal differently to normal FFB devices, but I think the lawyers would have them for breakfast with that kind of misrepresentation.
Thanks for answering my question. I got anytoerh one for you - is that normal that after I opened my pedals to clean them, there's a tiny piece of plastic left and I dont know where it goes? It fell off the pedals when I opened them...
Quote from Dajmin :That can't be true. I've seen wheels with "vibration feedback" which would fit what you described, but you surely can't advertise it as "force feedback" unless it's giving you a reaction relevant to what's on-screen. Maybe it sends the signal differently to normal FFB devices, but I think the lawyers would have them for breakfast with that kind of misrepresentation.

Here's a quote from a guy from logitech, posted in the logitech forum as an answer to a thread where somebody asked why there is no g25 support for the xbox360:

Quote :First, at this point in time, Logitech is not licensed by Microsoft to develop a force feedback steering wheel for Xbox 360 - only corded controllers. The DriveFX wheel is, effectively, an Xbox 360 controller that is shaped like a steering wheel and has a force feedback motor in place of the standard vibration motors.

Second, even if Logitech were licensed to make a force feedback wheel for Xbox 360, there are significant technical limitations which prevent these wheels from functioning on on Xbox 360. The Xbox 360 features controller and force feedback architectures (XID, device-based force feedback playback) that are significantly different from the way our wheels work on PC, PS2, or PS3 (HID, host-based force feedback playback). It is not possible to enable Xbox 360 functionality with a software or firmware update.

Ok not worth arguying about this. I bought a PS3 160GB this afternoon so now wether it works or not it's too late.
We fooled ya! None of the steering wheels work with ps3. pity it's too late you bought one.

ahahahahah only kidding.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG