The online racing simulator
New Girl Signing In!
(128 posts, started )
Quote from Zen321 :Not really. If the guy is used to the racing principles, then he will be very good at the start in LFS.

Otherwise, a daily driver will have the basic understanding of the car but will lack the racing reflexes

sorry, i suppose i should have clarified on this point, by good driver in real life, i meant in racing terms, not day to day driver.

Well, thanks for all the replies guys. G25 on the way I'm sure my boyfriend will be glad im not sat behing his all day now!!!!

Hope to see some of you online, happy racing!
Quote from The Very End :What girl was that?

My 2 cents, I have only brifly tested G25, maybe it's worth it and maybe not. Personally I would go for a cheaper wheel first, and if you like it and wants to get a extra "dept" over the driving, go for G25.

Logitec's wheels are good, and cheap compared to G25. Ofc they has some limitations compared to the G25, but still a good choise if you don't want to use a lot of money on it before you are sure you really enjoy and want to keep driving

m8 if u didnt know g25 is in the same company,its made by logitech...and they r the best ones...about wheel if u want cheaper one us logi ex force feedback,or if u want better one use g25
Quote from Forbin :FWIW, I started playing LFS in October 2002, a full year before I got my license. I did fine. Granted, I did play some other racing games before LFS, but none were anywhere near as realistic. I used to think the Gran Turismo series was realistic before I found LFS.

Yeah, we've both played a little bit of Gran Turisomo 4/5 which just quite bluntly.. sucked compared to this. Yesterday we had a little go on GRID, but that was hilariously dull and just felt awful.

so far i'm really enjoying my time racing. And i'm already thinking that i'll get as much out of this as i put in!
Welcome
I'd say being familiar with computers and (at least somewhat) realistic racing games is a bigger contributor to being good in lfs than being an rl racer and a complete dunce in PCs. We do have some people here who are good at both flavours of racing.

An rl racer will probably have some advantage when it comes to technique & racecraft.
is this the first lfs couple ?
there will be a movie
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Not so lonely anymore, huh?

There are a few girls in lfs , And we are taking the control bit by bit
Quote from Laura. :Hi all.

recently my boyfriend (Blakey.) started playing this sim, after just buying his G25 like yesterday!

I've been spending quite a while on it too, and so far i'm really enjoying it, but with no prior driving experience i'm not exactly good, although my boyfriend says that i'm improving really fast.

sooo.. i have a few questions..

1) Do you think a G25 is worth it? (it feels great, and seems realistic, but i've got nothing really to compare it to)

2) Is there a way to play 1v1 races via LAN, or is there an easy to way set up a dedicated server? (from what i here only a low spec machine is needed to host)

3) *reserved*

oo, nice to see another Girl in the LFS community.

I see u have settled in quite nicely and your thread hasn't gone mad yet

Maybe we could arrange a race day? since we both have demo
/james may

Hello

good to see more girls taking interest in LFS
Hey Hey, how about msn tradings? j/k ofcourse

And welcome.

If you really liked lfs then you should buy S2! It has way more cars and tracks to practise on!
#37 - senn

nuff said
i met my girlfriend on lfs 4 years ago,very few knows only,she doesnt play anymore tho

Welcome to lfs lady!
Quote from hannah :oo, nice to see another Girl in the LFS community.

I see u have settled in quite nicely and your thread hasn't gone mad yet

Maybe we could arrange a race day? since we both have demo

It whould be could race with you two
Quote from e2mustang :i met my girlfriend on lfs 4 years ago,very few knows only,she doesnt play anymore tho

Welcome to lfs lady!

Wow...
#41 - arco
Quote from e2mustang :i met my girlfriend on lfs 4 years ago,very few knows only,she doesnt play anymore tho

Really? That's the reason you're in the US?

Quote from Inouva :It whould be could race with you two

A few more girls, and you can arrange a girls only league.
Quote from arco :A few more girls, and you can arrange a girls only league.

Why? There are no boys only leagues.
Quote from Racer556 :But LFS is based on racing, so it's *not that accurate* when driving slow...

Why isn't it accurate when driving slow?
I think the G25 is worth it when i compare it to my old momo that i sold away and im getting a g25 for christmas wich is tomorrow!
And welcome.
(boyfriend signing in)

hey guys, thanks for giving laura such a warm Welcome

As soon as she gets her G25, she'll be upgrading to S2, but for now she can just carry on hogging my G25/account lolol!

To one of the above posters, i'd doubt we are the first LFS couple, but i'd guess its a pretty small category!

Hah, well enjoy your racing guys, see you online.
Quote from Blakey. :(boyfriend signing in)

As soon as she gets her G25, she'll be upgrading to S2, but for now she can just carry on hogging my G25/account lolol!

To one of the above posters, i'd doubt we are the first LFS couple, but i'd guess its a pretty small category!

Like with all online games, people share accounts. I'll be the forum po-lice and point out that:
- you are allowed to unlock the S2 license on another pc (read: your gf's) for LAN play, but
- you are not allowed to let anyone but yourself use your account online.

The target of the sharing rule probably isn't an innocent (ya rly) gf having a go, but it's probably not the best idea ever to be advertising it either, even if the devs won't sanction based on a forum post
Quote from mutt107 :welcome! atleast you didn't get attacked by guys like the last girl that came into lfs.

Lol, I was looking for that! But who knows about this one?
Quote from Blakey. :(boyfriend signing in)

You just gave me an idea! How about

Wait for it

A Couple Championship?
Quote from dmwright :You just gave me an idea! How about

Wait for it

A Couple Championship?

LOL -- that would be a laugh, and something we'd both be up for!

New Girl Signing In!
(128 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG